National College Prospects hockey League

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
So at least one team is advertising itself as Junior A while the league is pointing towards Tier III. What level of hockey is this? Thanks.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
TO SILENCE IS TO EMPOWER ONESELF. Discussion about the NCPHL.

Will your u20 team play in NCPHL and CPJHL or will you have more then one junior team? Angelo, can you please explain the pros and cons in playing in either of these leagues? Seems like a lot of travelling for kids still in high school.

Last edited:

YoYoMa

Sep 2, 2015
From what I gather, it is not the CPJHl. Separate entity.

Looking on the NCPHL website, it is another "outlaw" league under the AAU-UHU umbrella. They even have a CPJHL news section off their homepage. But it does appear to be another league. Is Tier III US about equal to Jr B or C here in Canada?

Last edited:

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
answers

Hi everyone will try to answer as best as I can.
Cpjhl and Ncphl are two different leagues, The reason you see links between the both of them, is because there will be activities in cooperation with both leagues.

Again I repeat we have no letter on our Junior team, We are not comparing us to any other Junior Team, but we do have Past Junior A, Junior AAA, Junior B, Junior C and Midget AAA players on our team. We are geared towards the development of players and to allow our players to be exposed to scouts as much as possible. And Also enable them to go to school, and work.
I have a team in the Cpjhl and I will also Have a younger team in the Ncphl made up of u16-u18- and Veterans. I have 13 signed, but others trying out. Looking for chemistry as much as talent. We are just not taking anyone, there is a different process we follow then other traditional Junior Teams.
I was at the Ncphl Draft night and All star showcase game last Saturday it went extremely well. Connor Drost had 4 goals 2 assists, Cameron Scrivens had 1 goal and 4 assists, Jory Wong had 3 assists. Many Teams in Ncphl have direct links to the WSHL.
I have also been involved with Ncphl for a couple of months now, our families have known that. I just thought I would publicize it because it is another important part of our program and could not post anymore on the cpjhl thread. I am trying to maximize our development dollar to the fullest.
And since I cannot answer in the cpjhl thread I wanted everyone to understand that some people are getting away with what they are saying because I cannot answer on the thread. I understand people have to downplay us, that's okay, just do not put down the kids. And just find out for yourself, what we are all about. or just ask.
thank you
Angelo

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
Travelling

Will your u20 team play in NCPHL and CPJHL or will you have more then one junior team? Angelo, can you please explain the pros and cons in playing in either of these leagues? Seems like a lot of travelling for kids still in high school.

Hi Eastern Fan, some clarification
For this year our Almonte jr Team will be only signing 18 +2 goalies. our u18 and u16 will be acting as our Ap's. 90% of our games will be between 30 minutes to an 1 1/2 hours away with 3 long weekend trips.
Ncphl team Ossjr will be a little younger with some veterans, allowing our u16-u18 to garnure more junior development time. our games will all be played in a showcase style 4 weekends to limit travel and school, next year half our games in the Ncphl will be at home.
hope I answered the question
thank you

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
wish could give you a better answer

So at least one team is advertising itself as Junior A while the league is pointing towards Tier III. What level of hockey is this? Thanks.
I can only speak for our teams. By your statement above, I hope I am not giving you the impression we are junior A,
I will never pretend to say we are junior A, Junior B, Junior C, as stated before we have no letter on our teams because we are doing it for different reasons but we do have players that have played Junior A , Junior AAA, Junior B and Junior C players on our team. But if you follow hockey since more and more leagues have gone to pay to play there is a good number of Junior B, and Junior C teams in Ontario that could compete with Junior A teams because a lot of good players do not want to pay or are to busy with school to give a Junior A commitment time wise.
Thank you

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Hi Eastern Fan, some clarification
For this year our Almonte jr Team will be only signing 18 +2 goalies. our u18 and u16 will be acting as our Ap's. 90% of our games will be between 30 minutes to an 1 1/2 hours away with 3 long weekend trips.
Ncphl team Ossjr will be a little younger with some veterans, allowing our u16-u18 to garnure more junior development time. our games will all be played in a showcase style 4 weekends to limit travel and school, next year half our games in the Ncphl will be at home.
hope I answered the question
thank you

Angelo, thank you for answering and good luck with all your teams. Hopefully, it allows even more players to develop in Eastern Ontario. Also, if you keep answering like you are in this forum then you won't be banned and will gain more respect from other members on this site. Everyone who posts on this site wants to see players develop as much as possible no matter which league it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->