Youtube: Nate Thompson vs. Micheal Ferland Apr 03 2017

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
still waiting on ferlund to fight a legit fighter. the guy is becoming the a spot picker.

the fight was meh bunch of wild looping shots that landed on nothing but shoulders.

still hasn't fought tough guys in his own division. Maroon, Kassian, Gudbranson, Ritchie, Haley etc.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
still waiting on ferlund to fight a legit fighter. the guy is becoming the a spot picker.

the fight was meh bunch of wild looping shots that landed on nothing but shoulders.

still hasn't fought tough guys in his own division. Maroon, Kassian, Gudbranson, Ritchie, Haley etc.
Thompson doesn't fight as much as he used to, but he has 20 nhl fights.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Not like he's backing down from anyone.

Most fights are the results of scrums getting our of hand or someone going after him after a big hit. Can't ever recall someone going after him and Ferland de-escalating anything.

If someone wants to have a fight just because that's why we have 4th liners and Engellend.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Not like he's backing down from anyone.

Most fights are the results of scrums getting our of hand or someone going after him after a big hit. Can't ever recall someone going after him and Ferland de-escalating anything.

If someone wants to have a fight just because that's why we have 4th liners and Engellend.

exactly my point. he only gets into scrums where he knows the players on the ice wont/cant do anything to him.

now for a fan base that has accused of Bieksa of spot picking over the years (even though its not true) why is ferlund getting a pass?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Haha right, I'm sure he was consciously on his best behavior for those two minutes they were on the ice together.

And then he saw his chance and orchestrated a line brawl when the tough guys weren't on the ice. I thought he didn't fight with big guys on the ice so how did he grow the balls to touch Tryamkin?

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
exactly my point. he only gets into scrums where he knows the players on the ice wont/cant do anything to him.

now for a fan base that has accused of Bieksa of spot picking over the years (even though its not true) why is ferlund getting a pass?

Everyone accuses Bieksa of being a spot picker, because he is one. Not sure who this Ferlund character is, but I remember Ferland running roughshot over the entire Canucks team in the playoffs a couple years ago. You guys had all series long to deal with him, he doesn't dodge people.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
i must have hit a nerve :sarcasm:

Mr.Spot picker was nowhere to be seen in a physical game tonight vs the Ducks. Giordano gets rag dolled by Manson, Katchuk gets run over by Holzer and ferlund nowhere to be seen.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
i must have hit a nerve :sarcasm:

Mr.Spot picker was nowhere to be seen in a physical game tonight vs the Ducks. Giordano gets rag dolled by Manson, Katchuk gets run over by Holzer and ferlund nowhere to be seen.

You mean when Gio and Manson started fighting instantly and nobody could possibly have intervened? Or when he wasn't even on the ice when Tkachuk was run over? Your logic is roughly on par with your spelling. I get the fact that it's hard cheering for a trash team, but find something else to do with your time rather than taking your angst out on teams that can actually win games.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
You mean when Gio and Manson started fighting instantly and nobody could possibly have intervened? Or when he wasn't even on the ice when Tkachuk was run over? Your logic is roughly on par with your spelling. I get the fact that it's hard cheering for a trash team, but find something else to do with your time rather than taking your angst out on teams that can actually win games.

2qk6w45.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad