Naslund: Rips Moore for suing (wasn't good enough to play in NHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=115695

Any thoughts?

I think part of what Naslund is saying is true, Moore was hardly a 4th liner wasn't he? I don't know how hard he is trying to make a comeback, but I could see someone who may not make it in the nhl trying to get $$$ by suing.

I'm not saying thats what moore is doing, I have no idea, but a player that has made a lot of money already might not sue for $$$.

Again i'm not siding w/ Naslund, but it wouldn't shock me if he was right.

I was hoping to see Moore making a comeback whenever the NHL/NHLPA gets its act together.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
trahans99 said:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=115695

Any thoughts?

I think part of what Naslund is saying is true, Moore was hardly a 4th liner wasn't he? I don't know how hard he is trying to make a comeback, but I could see someone who may not make it in the nhl trying to get $$$ by suing.

I'm not saying thats what moore is doing, I have no idea, but a player that has made a lot of money already might not sue for $$$.

Again i'm not siding w/ Naslund, but it wouldn't shock me if he was right.

I was hoping to see Moore making a comeback whenever the NHL/NHLPA gets its act together.
it will be interesting to see how all this plays out - in the transcripts of the trial here in vancouver he begged granato not to put him out there - also - he has severe whiplash - never had a broken neck - two chipped bones - and was cherping at our bench the whole game -

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
I agree with Markus, Moore hasnt even givin himself time to heel, he jumps the gun not even a year later with a lawsuit. So it tells you Moore doesnt care to play again. hes a quitter thats going to get a big chunk of change.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
mr gib said:
it will be interesting to see how all this plays out - in the transcripts of the trial here in vancouver he begged granato not to put him out there - also - he has severe whiplash - never had a broken neck - two chipped bones - and was cherping at our bench the whole game -

I did not know that. I read the statements made by May and Bertuzzi and they don't sound good. But in the heat of the moment after that game they were deservingly pissed about the Naslund hit (clean or not). He was the Nucks captain, best player and heart and soul of the team, so what the said after the game is not too far fetched. THe courts may see those words in a different way though.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
If successful in court, how much do you think Moore would be awarded?

I'm guessing $1-$2million. He was only making 300-500k i'm guessing and wouldn't make a lot more than that under the knew CBA.

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
"He's suing everyone so he can make money," Naslund told the Vancouver Sun from Sweden. "I've got no respect for him at all.

It is unfortunately this kind of attitude that seems to be pervasive in the membership of the NHLPA today. Moore could have been killed from the attack that had clearly been premeditated. Today he still struggles to begin exercising. Very sad to hear this comment from Naslund but not surprising considering the lockout rhetoric.

But here we have an individual whose day to day living is hampered and his ability to pursue an NHL career virtually destroyed. The quote above and also this one from Naslund:
"This is just a guy who's trying to hit a home run (financially)," Naslund said to the Sun. "Someone who wasn't good enough to play.
Reading this makes me sick to the stomach, how inhumaine can someone get? WOW!

The NHLPA is trying to hit the home run... Steve Moore is trying to live and support his family. I am deeply saddened. Naslund owes everyone an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad