Naslund and Forsberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnaby_Joe*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Who played the final 20 games + 7 playoff games with a lacerated elbow and post-consussion syndrome?

Oh, excuses now? :lol

That Naslund character sure knows how to lead his team in the playoffs.

Burnaby_Joe*

The Albino said:
I think you've set the record for most avatars in the span of 5 minutes :)

He keeps giving me more and more excuses. ;)

Burnaby_Joe*

nomorekids said:
alright, everyone knock it off. this is the world cup board, and as far as i know, bertuzzi isn't playing in the world cup. get it back on topic.

Alright.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Regardless of whether or not you believe Naslund is better than Sakic in the regular season, Sakic is head and shoulders above Naslund come playoff time. He quite simply is one of the best money goal scorers EVER, and up until this series against the Flames, Naslund has struggled in the playoffs. The only player who has come close to matching Sakic's dominance the past several years, in terms of the playoffs, would be Peter Forsberg, and even he has been outshone by Sakic.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Tito_Ortiz said:
Just like you believe Ohlund is better than Thornton! :lol

http://www.hfboards.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=10854

Now if you actually knew what you're talking about (and you don't), you'd see that the poll was "Which 98 Calder candidate is the best player right now?". Last I checked, Joe Thornton scored 7 points in 98. That doesn't exactly make you a Calder candidate. Fact is, Joe Thornton shouldn't be in the poll. It's like me asking who the Canadian player was and putting Peter Forsberg in the poll.

Burnaby_Joe*

Don't get me wrong, I think Naslund is a good player, but he lacks the drive and determination. In other words, he has no heart. :)

Burnaby_Joe*

Shane said:
Now if you actually knew what you're talking about (and you don't), you'd see that the poll was "Which 98 Calder candidate is the best player right now?". Last I checked, Joe Thornton scored 7 points in 98. That doesn't exactly make you a Calder candidate. Fact is, Joe Thornton shouldn't be in the poll. It's like me asking who the Canadian player was and putting Peter Forsberg in the poll.

Well, he was in the poll and he's the best player in that poll. Ohlund is nowhere near Thornton.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Tito_Ortiz said:
Well, he was in the poll and he's the best player in that poll. Ohlund is nowhere near Thornton.

You're missing the point. He SHOULDN'T have been in the poll. He WASN'T a 1998 Calder Candidate. Would you vote for Peter Forsberg in a poll of the best Canadian players?

And for as far as Ohlund being nowhere near Thornton, the last Vancouver-Boston game I watched, Ohlund was all over Thornton. Shut him down completely.

Burnaby_Joe*

Shane said:
You're missing the point. He SHOULDN'T have been in the poll. He WASN'T a 1998 Calder Candidate. Would you vote for Peter Forsberg in a poll of the best Canadian players?

And for as far as Ohlund being nowhere near Thornton, the last Vancouver-Boston game I watched, Ohlund was all over Thornton. Shut him down completely.

My point is, he's in the poll and he's the best player.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
monster_bertuzzi said:
14 points in 14 games in the 03' playoffs for Naslund is 'struggling'?

1g 6a and a -4 against the Wild (4g 3a -2 against the Blues). He did almost nothing in the last 3 games against the Wild, and stats do not tell the whole story. It was not a secret that Naslund and Bertuzzi had a pitiful playoff performance in 03, as well as in 02. In fact, it was one of the main knocks against them....great regular season...poor post-season. There were several games (4) where he was held pointless, and in game 7 when his team needed him most.....he was non-existent, and the Nucks folded. I'm not arguing how good of a player Naslund is, but in terms of sheer playoff performance, Sakic owns him....Sakic owns just about every player in that respect to be blunt.

Burnaby_Joe*

Shane said:
Arguing with you is like arguing with a three year-old. Thank you for proving my point that logic doesn't apply to Avs fans.

Boohoo.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Enoch said:
1g 6a and a -4 against the Wild (4g 3a -2 against the Blues). He did almost nothing in the last 3 games against the Wild, and stats do not tell the whole story. It was not a secret that Naslund and Bertuzzi had a pitiful playoff performance in 03, as well as in 02. In fact, it was one of the main knocks against them....great regular season...poor post-season. There were several games (4) where he was held pointless, and in game 7 when his team needed him most.....he was non-existent, and the Nucks folded. I'm not arguing how good of a player Naslund is, but in terms of sheer playoff performance, Sakic owns him....Sakic owns just about every player in that respect to be blunt.

Well then you're admitting that Naslund has just as much raw ability and skill as anyone alive if a point-per game against defensive exhausted teams such as Minny is 'Pitiful'.

Brent Burns Beard