Nashville's future defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
How do you all see it playing out if everything works out perfectly?

Suter - Hamhuis
Klein - Sulzer
Zidlicky - Stehlik

????
Klein is really going to need to work on his foot speed to make the NHL, but maybe sometime down the road he could be a top 4......long ways to go yet.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Volchenkov said:
Wasn't Klein's major strength his speed??

Yes it is. He also play's a solid positional game so that you don't always notice it. He's also missed about 8 games which means that he likely injured himself since he went to Guelph which could have slowed him down alot.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Seven_Nation_Army said:

Suter - Hamhuis
Klein - Sulzer
Zidlicky - Stehlik

????

Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :). This is without Timmonen, Eaton, and Schnabel. For some reason, I think Timmonen will be with us for a long time (past his current 4 year deal)

thestonedkoala

Nashville's defense scares me to death. They are going to have one of the best defenses in the league.

DJyellow

Sponsor
May 9, 2002
Laval
Seven_Nation_Army said:

Suter - Hamhuis
Klein - Sulzer
Zidlicky - Stehlik

????

pretty good if you ask me... Iwas just thinking how well they did in the last draft

X-SHARKIE

Poor Klein. I saw him in a road game last season and he was very good on his feet. He played on some crappy ice half of his games though.

Anywho. Living in Wisconsin I see alot of Suter, I played with him before for christ sakes. I'm pulling for the guy. I really think he's somthing.

Definitly going to be Nashville #1 guy IMO and Captain. I saw Hamhuis alot last year as well since he played in Milwaukee. Jeez I just realized if I was a Preds fan I would have it pretty good.

Finley isnt a bad goalie btw. Also who was that little guy who played with the Ads last season? He made the AHL all rookie team. I'm blanking out here. He's very talented. Could be a good Third liner on the Preds. I was disapointed not to see him get his shot.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
X-SHARKIE said:
Finley isnt a bad goalie btw. Also who was that little guy who played with the Ads last season? He made the AHL all rookie team. I'm blanking out here. He's very talented. Could be a good Third liner on the Preds. I was disapointed not to see him get his shot.

Darren Haydar perhaps?

Sammy*

X-SHARKIE said:
Poor Klein. I saw him in a road game last season and he was very good on his feet. He played on some crappy ice half of his games though.

Anywho. Living in Wisconsin I see alot of Suter, I played with him before for christ sakes. I'm pulling for the guy. I really think he's somthing.

Definitly going to be Nashville #1 guy IMO and Captain. I saw Hamhuis alot last year as well since he played in Milwaukee. Jeez I just realized if I was a Preds fan I would have it pretty good.

`
Hey Sharkie. Whats your scouting report on Suter thus far this year. He's hardly putting up any points at all. Do you think thats just a function of being a freshmen D man, or is it because thats really not in his skill set? Lastly, how would you say he compares to Hamhuis.
Every thing I read on him suggests he is a mirror image of his uncle.

X-SHARKIE

Oh lord dont go by the stats. Suter has been defensivly dominant. He is the best defensman of the WCHA mabey the NCAA. I really like him. You shouldve seen him dominate Thomas Vanek. He really gives players tough times to. He's sorta nasty out there, witch I lilke! he'll punish a guy in front of the net. I seen him give a guy a nice elbow too the guy when the ref turned around. He has been just awesome. I know he has yet to score a goal. He actually did but it was disalowed because a teamate was offsides. He really just rocks! I see him being the #1 guy in Nashville and the team Captain when he's older. I havent seen a kid this good so young since I saw a tape on Joni Pitkanen two years ago. Suter isn't going to be a big point producer in the NHL. Well actually he could have a 30 point season or mabey 40 at the prime. He's definitly a shut down defender though. Nashville well just have to put him out there vs the oppositions top line and they can rest easy that they wont score. Lets just put it this way. Everything about him so far this season has screamed NHL stud. Stats are not impressive I know but his play has been Very impressive. He looks like a Senior. If he stays untill he's a Senior. We would just give him the Hoby Baker award before the games start. Seriosly I just love the kid, Nashville has a real player in him.

Thats the name Haydar. I like him alot.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Wow, and to think he was touted as an offensive-defenseman at the draft :yo: Thanks for the update man. Keep us informed on the Predator boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad