Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Nashville signs Kevin Klein AND Shea Weber

http://www.guelphstorm.com/web_pages/press_releases.php?id=144

great news. So Suter and Klein will be Milwaukee Admirals next year, and it's expected that Nashville still wants to sign Richard Stehlik and Paul Brown for the same reason.

EDIT, just received this email from the Preds:

NASHVILLE PREDATORS SIGN DEFENSEMEN KEVIN KLEIN AND SHEA WEBER

Nashville, Tenn. (September 14, 2004) - Nashville Predators Executive Vice President/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed defensemen Kevin Klein (KLIGHN) and Shea Weber (SHAY WEHB-uhr). In keeping with club policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.

Klein, 19 (12/13/84), won a silver medal with Team Canada at the 2004 World Junior Championships and won the 2004 Ontario Hockey League Championship as a member of the Guelph Storm. The 6-1, 187-pound, Kitchener, Ont. native tied for second on the Storm with 21 points (10g-11a) in the 2004 playoffs and ranked third in goals (10). He was also named a Third Team All-Star and played for the Western Conference at the 2004 OHL All-Star Classic.

Klein registered 30 points (6g-24a) in 51 games with Guelph and Toronto St. Michael's in the regular season and was ranked 10th in the OHL with a +30 rating. Klein was Nashville's third choice, 37th overall (second round), in the 2003 Entry Draft.

Weber, 19 (8/14/85), won the 2004 Memorial Cup as a member of the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, was named to the 2004 Memorial Cup All-Star Team and was named a WHL Western Conference Second Team All-Star. The 6-3, 206-pound native of Sicamous, British Columbia led Kelowna in assists (14) and points (17) in the 2004 playoffs, averaging a point per game.

Weber led Kelowna and tied for 11th in the WHL with a +23 rating in the regular season. He also tied for 19th among WHL defensemen in points (12g-20a-32pts) and ranked second on the Rockets in power-play goals (8) and penalty minutes (126). Weber was Nashville's fourth choice, 49th overall (second round), in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Kaiped Krusader said:
Who is going to play on the Admirals' blueline next year? They're going to have a logjam there. A very talented logjam.

the names that are for sure there:

hutchinson
zanon
suter
klein

Safronov is gone, some of the UHL callups won't be back(Nathan Lutz, etc). Jamie Allison, if he in fact signed a two-way contract(again, I'm prety sure he did) will likely be there for some leadership..and the Preds still hope to sign one or both of Richard Stehlik and Janne Niskala, who would both likely be Admirals. Factor in that Dan Hamhuis will play for Milwaukee if there's a lockout, as well.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
hillbilly said:
is Stehlik eligable to play in the AHL next year?

If I'm not mistaken, he was almost old enough to play in the AHL last year. He's almost a year older than Weber.

Milwaukee will be loaded down with good to great prospects next year. They won't win anything major though, IMO. The key to a great AHL team always seems to be a mix of veterans and youngsters, and Milwaukee is losing several key veterans including their starting goalie. They'll be a blast to watch, but I'm not sure they have what it takes to make a run at the Calder.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
the names that are for sure there:

hutchinson
zanon
suter
klein

Safronov is gone, some of the UHL callups won't be back(Nathan Lutz, etc). Jamie Allison, if he in fact signed a two-way contract(again, I'm prety sure he did) will likely be there for some leadership..and the Preds still hope to sign one or both of Richard Stehlik and Janne Niskala, who would both likely be Admirals. Factor in that Dan Hamhuis will play for Milwaukee if there's a lockout, as well.

Any word on whether or not Mukhachev is coming over now? He signed a contract last year that was to begin this year (If I'm not mistaken). Is the lockout going to scare him away. From the looks of it, he'd be a great addition to Milwaukee. If we plan on him contributing, he'll need to learn the NA ice.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I hope they televise a lot more AHL games if there isn't an NHL next year. With all of this new young talent it should be pretty exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad