Nashville Predators Defeat the Colorado Avalanche 4 Games to 2 and Advance to the WCSF

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Great series by the Avs...too great almost haha. I have no shame in admitting that they easily could have taken us to 7 or beaten us if not for some fortunate bounces and Forsberg / Watson magic.

Reactions: MacBradley and cgf

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
A great experience for the young Avs going forward....you guys are going in a nice direction for the future!!

Reactions: MacBradley

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Avs did great considering they are missing very important players. I think we all know how good Mack is now. True 1st overall talent.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Preds really surprised me with their physical play this series. Star played throwing some borderline hits, they’re hungry.

Avs were honestly the better team. Which makes no sense, but the Avs should try and poach Ellis. Term and money. Bring him in, Johnson, Zadarov, Ellis is a sick ass top three and you’ve got Girard as a four.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Preds really surprised me with their physical play this series. Star played throwing some borderline hits, they’re hungry.

Avs were honestly the better team. Which makes no sense, but the Avs should try and poach Ellis. Term and money. Bring him in, Johnson, Zadarov, Ellis is a sick ass top three and you’ve got Girard as a four.
Gotta wait another year for that. I look for Poile to try and lock him up considering he is one of the leaders on the team.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Preds with the HUGE pressure to win in round 2 now.
I suppose the President's Trophy winners always have pressure - but they finished 3 points ahead of Winnipeg in the regular season standings. I'm sure both teams are going into this series with a respect of the other teams abilities, and knowing that in order to win, they'll need to be on point throughout the series.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I suppose the President's Trophy winners always have pressure - but they finished 3 points ahead of Winnipeg in the regular season standings. I'm sure both teams are going into this series with a respect of the other teams abilities, and knowing that in order to win, they'll need to be on point throughout the series.
And I have a feeling lots of the media are going to be picking the Jets so the pressure wouldn't be as bad as the Av's series was.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
I thought that Watson re-signing by Poile in the summer was amazing. Surprisingly didn't hear much about it...what a bargain he is on that contract, given how he performs in the playoffs (and I'm not even talking just points).

Sissons is a beauty too. Very underrated player. He plays well 5v5 and gets used on PK and PP2

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I thought that Watson re-signing by Poile in the summer was amazing. Surprisingly didn't hear much about it...what a bargain he is on that contract, given how he performs in the playoffs (and I'm not even talking just points).

Sissons is a beauty too. Very underrated player. He plays well 5v5 and gets used on PK and PP2

Had no idea who he was before the series besides he was a big bottom 6er - 1.1 mil for the next 3 years in his prime (26-28)... that's insane. I'd honestly pay 3x that price to get him on the Avs.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Had no idea who he was before the series besides he was a big bottom 6er - 1.1 mil for the next 3 years in his prime (26-28)... that's insane. I'd honestly pay 3x that price to get him on the Avs.
I can't remember if it was last season or the one prior he about lost his job because he thought he was guaranteed a spot for some reason. He got sat and reinvigorated his game by hitting and just working hard. He played well last playoffs and then had a career year this year and it has continued into the playoffs. Sissons hasn't been as good during the regular season this year after a really good playoffs, but seemed to find his game again in this years playoffs.

Not sure what it is but both them seem to hit a different level once the playoffs start.

Reactions: cgf

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
congrats on a great season to colorado. gonna be another stout team in the central soon. really wish that would have been easier but i predicted Nashville in 6. mackinnon is an elite talent. girard looks like a future stud on the blue line. lots of positives in Colorado and also thanks to the fans for being nice to actually interact with for once.

Reactions: MacBradley and cgf

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Where's that newb Nashville fan that wanted to trade PK after the last game? Where you at homie? Feel free to take Weber back for him.
newb Nashville checking back in. no thanks on weber. subban played like shit majority of the series. would love to send his 9 million elsewhere. not sure this is the thread for that.

go to sleep Marc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad