Nashville Predators Defeat the Colorado Avalanche 4 Games to 2 and Advance to the WCSF

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Fun series. I hope this was the wake up call the Preds needed moving forward. Dominant performance in game 6.

I don't know if Colorado will be back next season because the Central Division is so stacked but that top line is a force.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Fun series. I hope this was the wake up call the Preds needed moving forward. Dominant performance in game 6.

I don't know if Colorado will be back next season because the Central Division is so stacked but that top line is a force.
Lots of cap space to improve and the young guys gained experience. I think/hope we’ll be back, but you’re right, the Central is deadly.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Wouldn't be so sure. This was perfect season for their top-line(Rantanen-MacKinnon) and yet they just got in to the playoffs. Not easy to duplicate that.

The Avs were the youngest team in the league and like 6th in man games lost to injuries. There's a good chance the rest of the team will improve next year, and we won't need a perfect season from the top guys to replicate this year's success.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Colorado did well, even though they lost they put up a good fight in a series where they were way outmatched. One of the best stories of the first round.

Reactions: MacBradley

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The Preds really need to step it up to beat Winnipeg.

Avs were missing EJ and Varlamov. I don't think Bernier was healthy even at the end of the season, and not for the playoffs. Proud of how well the Avs played. And even if they were healthy, I think the Preds would have elevated their play and won regardless.

Really looking forward to Nashville vs Winnipeg.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Lots of cap space to improve and the young guys gained experience. I think/hope we’ll be back, but you’re right, the Central is deadly.

I hope that didn't come off as a knock against Colorado. They need to spend that cap space well and realize they aren't building to win the cup next season. Don't get into a rush just to have to start a rebuild. You guys got a lot for Duchene and it will take a couple seasons to see the full return on the ice.

You guys are still my #2 Central team.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Wouldn't be so sure. This was perfect season for their top-line(Rantanen-MacKinnon) and yet they just got in to the playoffs. Not easy to duplicate that.
Avs have a lot of guys who can develop into depth scoring. You have to remember like half of the bottom 9 were rookies or guys given their first real shot. Even if that line falls off a bit they'd be a much more complete team if they can develop a legitimate second scoring line.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Scissons and Watson are better than people give them credit for.
I thought both kinda had fluke playoffs last year, but both a definitely gamers. Watson has been great all season though.

Might as well bring back Geareaux while we're at it.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
I hope that didn't come off as a knock against Colorado. They need to spend that cap space well and realize they aren't building to win the cup next season. Don't get into a rush just to have to start a rebuild. You guys got a lot for Duchene and it will take a couple seasons to see the full return on the ice.

You guys are still my #2 Central team.
:rose:

Reactions: Jonesey

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Salute to a worthy opponent. Well done Avs, I remember the XM radio preseason predictions arguing over whether you guys or Vegas would finish 31st. :help:

Future is bright for your team. Should be a fun, hopeful offseason. Maybe we can give you the satisfaction of getting bounced by the eventual champs.

Now hopefully the Preds have been reminded that nothing is easy in the postseason, and the Jets are reading their press clippings.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Preds came to play tonight, we see the result.

If they are going to beat WPG they must play w the smart intensity they did tonight. If not, WPG has that series undoubtedly.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Kudos to the Avs. Strong play and very honest effort that all of their fans should be proud of and fans generally should want their team to match. Preds have been on the other end of a number of these over the years and I know it’s both painful and satisfying. Hope the satisfaction carries the offseason.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Nashville is a monster of a team. Congrats. Colarado played well and considering where they were last year the team has a very bright future.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Where's that newb Nashville fan that wanted to trade PK after the last game? Where you at homie? Feel free to take Weber back for him.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->