Proposal: Nashville/Philadelphia

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
This type of deal would have to wait til the deadline to see where the Flyers are at in the standings, but it’s a trade that could make Nashville the favorite for 1-2 years if they’re wiling to sacrifice some of the future.

Wayne Simmonds(50% retained)
Valterri Fillpula
Robert Hagg

For

Eeli Tolvanen
2018 1st
2019 1st

Predators add two forwards that can play in all areas of the game and come with experience. Simmonds is around for an extra year at less than 2 million on the cap. Fillpula gives them another middle six forward that can add extra depth at center for the playoffs. Hagg is added for depth on the back end and could fill a cheap role for several years.

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Fiala-Turris-Simmonds
Fillpula-Bonino-Smith
Aberg-Jarnkrok-Watson/Scissons

Flyers add an elite prospect who should be able to fill a top 9 role for when they are ready to contend. They add a 3rd first round pick for 2018, giving them the opportunity to potentially move up high in the draft and add another impact forward.

They also now would hold two 2019 1sts, which could be used to bring in assets via trade once Hart is ready.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
thats too much to give away for a season and a half of simmonds

hagg is good but he lacks offensive upside so ts tough to justify

tolvanen is 18 leading his khl team in points, and then adding two firsts... winning now would be good but idk about completely throwing away your teams future for one piece

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
At first glance, this seems a bit rich for Nashville's blood. However, if a player like Simmonds were made available (especially at this deadline), you'd have to imagine a bidding war would drive up the price.

Including an all-purpose player like Filppula certainly adds to the value going back to NSH, too.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
That's more of a pre-cap trade, but I could imagine both teams being motivated to do something along those lines.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If 1 of the firsts is removed it's closer but the 2 is a lot... It's hard to judge because Tolvanen has never played in the NHL but he is a great prospect. Simmonds at 50% is HUGE so a great prospect and a 1st sounds almost not enough but then once you name the prospect you kinda feel like that's a hard deal to make but then you get the other 2 pieces that are worth a 1st but then that ends up being your last 3 1sts so then you worry about your future...

I change my mind honestly this being so hard to figure who it favors and good pieces going both ways filling holes and no bad pieces involved I think it's VERY hard to make imo for NASH and I do NOT want Philly getting even more young guys to that system it's in the top % of realistic and fair value you will find around here gg.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
We're not trading Tolvanen, he just broke Kuznetsov's record for 18 year old scoring in the KHL.

Simmonds would be a great get, but he's a luxury, I think you under rate Craig Smith, who's tied with Forsberg as goal leaders and is on pace for over 30.

2 firsts is pretty steep too, even if we're a contending team that's how we're going to stay a contending team.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
thats too much to give away for a season and a half of simmonds

hagg is good but he lacks offensive upside so ts tough to justify

tolvanen is 18 leading his khl team in points, and then adding two firsts... winning now would be good but idk about completely throwing away your teams future for one piece
price for wayne IS high prospect like Tolvanen and 1st so 1st for hägg and Flip is more than fair

@duffy9748

how?

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can understand Nashville not wanting to move Tolvanen, but "top wing prospect + a 1st" is a completely fair valuation on Simmonds, and Filppula + Hagg for a #1 seems entirely reasonable. From a value perspective, it looks solid, the fit is right for Philly, and it would make Nashville strong favorites to at least make the cup finals. It's just a question of whether Nashville values getting that boost (and preventing a direct competitor like the Blues from getting Simmer) more than the longer term value of Tolvanen and the picks. It's entirely reasonable for Preds fans to come down on either side of that equation, but it looks like a good basis for discussion.

Reactions: RANKKA

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Tolvanen doesnt seem to be available and i get it completely so how about dropping Hagg and Tolvanen? A BSchenn kind of deal: 2 firsts and some retention like stated.

Will be late firsts for sure that makes me looking for other teams for picks only trade partner. Would prefer a 2016 draftee.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Tolvanen doesnt seem to be available and i get it completely so how about dropping Hagg and Tolvanen? A BSchenn kind of deal: 2 firsts and some retention like stated.

Will be late firsts for sure that makes me looking for other teams for picks only trade partner. Would prefer a 2016 draftee.

No interest in moving Simmonds unless a top prospect/top 10 pick is involved. The Nashville picks will be too late IMO.

A few teams that make sense in a Simmonds(50%)+ depth package:

St. Louis: Thomas+Kyrou/Kostin
Tampa Bay: Howden/Raddysh+1st+
Anaheim: Steel+1st+

Last edited:
Reactions: Breeze 44

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU

yea preds will not win with 2x1st, philly will get better offers

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No interest in moving Simmonds unless a top prospect/top 10 pick is involved. The Nashville picks will be too late IMO.

You arent getting Thomas from St. Louis or Steel out of Anaheim. That's purely wishful thinking.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

Has any St. Louis fan agreed on Thomas and Kostin? That's basically what the Nash ask is...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Here's what it will take to get Tolvanen: NO. The number of quality forward prospects the Preds have can be counted on one finger. Giving him up is a fundamentally Bad Idea.

* * *​

:eek:

Um. You might be aiming just a teensy tiny bit high. I mean, you're talking about, like, Nolan Patrick level prospects there.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Has any St. Louis fan agreed on Thomas and Kostin? That's basically what the Nash ask is...

No. Most Seemed open to some combination of Kostin/Kyrou +, but even then, it tends to fall apart because they dont want to give up 2 1sts in a row. Meanwhile, we feel as though a 1st + Good prospect is a fair ask based off of previous similar deals.

Meanwhile, it wouldnt surprise me to still have Simmonds on this team next year, or that we extend him, much to my disdain.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
1st+A level prospect for 50% retained Simmonds is a very fair deal so anyone not willing to pay that is nuts. I do understand though not wanting to give up a Tolvanen level and a 1st or Kostin.

And to the guy saying Flip and Haag for 2 1sts it is more like...

Tolvanen and 1st for Simmonds 50% retained and the other 1st for the 2 players.

The 1st for those 2 is pretty fair if it's part of that deal imo.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
1st+A level prospect for 50% retained Simmonds is a very fair deal so anyone not willing to pay that is nuts. I do understand though not wanting to give up a Tolvanen level and a 1st or Kostin.

And to the guy saying Flip and Haag for 2 1sts it is more like...

Tolvanen and 1st for Simmonds 50% retained and the other 1st for the 2 players.

The 1st for those 2 is pretty fair if it's part of that deal imo.

Is a blue chip + a 1st fair for Simmonds, especially 50% retained? Yes. But it isn't nuts to not want to do that deal when a team's 4th best winger is leading the team in scoring and on pace for over 30 goals and when the blue chip is one of only three legitimate forward prospects a franchise has ever had.

So, Tolvanen or Tolvanen + for Simmonds(50%) is fair, but Nashville says no.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm with you on that I've only really stated the opinion of fairness in a vacuum and then just a regular A prospect + 1st for 50% retained over 2 years Simonnds is a great deal. I would never accept a trade for a team thats not mine haha I will however help teams say no to god awful ones =p

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
A tad too much coming from Nashville.

Simmonds (50% retained) + Filppula + Hagg for Tolvanen + 1st + 3rd is probably more realistic.

Reactions: klutch

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
A tad too much coming from Nashville.

Simmonds (50% retained) + Filppula + Hagg for Tolvanen + 1st + 3rd is probably more realistic.
no the f*** its not, 3rd for hägg and flippula gtfo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad