Nashville game 5 sold-out in 20 minutes

Fugu

That's good to see considering what an intense series this is becoming. If there's ever the potential for those casually interested in hockey to see how exciting the game can be, this has to be it. A lot of great players on the Sharks pitted against the Forsbergized Preds.

Out of curiosity, do you know what playoff tickets go for in Nashville?

Jim Devellano, Sr. VP of the Red Wings, did not try conceal the difficulty the Wings were having in selling playoff tickets. He personally believes it's the poor economy, saying if the choice is paying for playoff tickets or your mortgage, that's not much of a choice. I don't know how today's game sold, but most expected a weekend match would do better.

Toronto Sun Warmer's "Hogtown to Hockeytown":

If you decide you want to go, tickets are available through the Joe Louis Arena box office or on the Detroit Red Wings website. They range from $63 U.S. to $144. “The problem down here is the economy,†said Devellano. “The auto sector is in the dumper and it’s hard to sell out a 20,000-seat arena when people have to pay their mortgages.â€

On the positive they still have 17,000 season tickets holders and as the team advances in the playoffs the later rounds sell out fast.

But the first round is always a little tougher which creates an opportunity for hockey fans here. “It would be great to see them,†Jimmy said of the Ontario fans.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
That's good to see considering what an intense series this is becoming. If there's ever the potential for those casually interested in hockey to see how exciting the game can be, this has to be it. A lot of great players on the Sharks pitted against the Forsbergized Preds.

Out of curiosity, do you know what playoff tickets go for in Nashville?

Jim Devellano, Sr. VP of the Red Wings, did not try conceal the difficulty the Wings were having in selling playoff tickets. He personally believes it's the poor economy, saying if the choice is paying for playoff tickets or your mortgage, that's not much of a choice. I don't know how today's game sold, but most expected a weekend match would do better.

Toronto Sun Warmer's "Hogtown to Hockeytown":
I really don't know the average price or the total price range probably $29 for upper deck high seats to $130 for lower bowl.

Last season I think they priced some in club level at $95 that were too high and didn't sell, so they priced themselves out of market. I think maybe the Wings have done that this season. Most of the tickets on sale will be the 70-100+ tickets. The upper bowl seats are mostly all sold out by sth that had options to buy extra seats.

Nashville108*

Good to hear about this. Makes our city look better. Hopefully people will ease up on us now. Doubt it though. :shakehead

dkatzism

Good to hear about this. Makes our city look better. Hopefully people will ease up on us now. Doubt it though. :shakehead

I agree. :handclap: Good job, Nashvilleans! (Nashvillites? Nashvillers? Nashwegians?) :D

The real test will be when the team has been around a while and is bad again. I think the reason you have taken so much heat lately is that the Predators have been so good. But what better time to introduce new people to the game?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Good news for the Preds. That said, the Canucks sold out tickets for the entire post-season in about the same amount of time, so there, neener, neener, neener:sarcasm:

dkatzism

Good news for the Preds. That said, the Canucks sold out tickets for the entire post-season in about the same amount of time, so there, neener, neener, neener:sarcasm:

Rangers: 2 seconds. :sarcasm: (First round on sale only, though, I think.)

hillbillypriest

Mar 20, 2002
there there
Visit site
Don't count on it. The people who tend to make those arguments have little interest in facts.

I think Pierre McGuire's comment during game 1, which I recall only in general terms, is bang on. Basically, I think he said that if you're a brand new hockey fan and you're just seeing your first game tonight, you've just fallen in love (with the game).

I bet this series will be a milestone for the franchise. Simply terrific series so far.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
The Vancouver Canucks play in a one trick pony town. Nothing to be proud of Vancouverites.

Ogopogo*

But the Predators have never averaged 8,500 per game for an entire season like the Canucks did back in 1988. ;)

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
The Vancouver Canucks play in a one trick pony town. Nothing to be proud of Vancouverites.

You must be kidding. The competition for entertainment dollar in this city is insane compared to the population number.

Anyway, way to go Preds fans, this is certainly very positive news.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Hopefully, this news, coupled with the non-sell outs in Detroit and New Jersey, can kill off most of the "nashville has no fans, doesnt deserve a team talk".

Its not Toronto, but there's plenty of fans enough and we support our team just like everyone else.

Ogopogo*

You must be kidding. The competition for entertainment dollar in this city is insane compared to the population number.

Anyway, way to go Preds fans, this is certainly very positive news.

?????????

Like what?

Ogopogo*

They are close to Washington. Maybe the Mariners, Seahawks?

I lived within a 4 hour drive of Vancouver for 30 years. They don't have anything more than Edmonton for entertainment options, unless I have missed some recent developments somewhere.

Heck, they don't even have the NLL there so, I am very interested in seeing what Red knows that I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->