Nashville continues to ride the wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
After a desastrous start to the season the Nashville Predators have finally got their act together. Since Mathieu Garon replaced Brent Johnson as the starting goaltender the team has won 6 out of 10 games. The latest highlight is last nights 4-0 shutout win against the Phoenix Coyotes.

"I think right now we are having a hot goalie and some consistency and it shows" GM Tony Kapfenberger said. "The results are very encouraging, I expected some problems after the roster overhaul and they certainly were there."

Despite not dressing Jim Vandermeer and losing Jordan Leopold 2 minutes into the game, the Preds held the Coyotes to only 24 shots which were all stopped by Mathieu Garon who got his first shutout to the season. "More to follow" was his only comment after the victory.

Jordan Leopold was ejected after he accidently hooked Marty Reasoner at the head. "I'm sorry for Marty, I hope the injury is not serious. Jordan is on his way to the hospital to look after Marty." GM Kapfenberger explained.

Things will only get better as the team expects to have defenseman Jim Vandermeeer back for the next game and maybe injured rookie forward Ramzi Abid.

Last edited:

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Thats what I would have said about my 2 games against the Panthers.. on paper I should be 2-0 in those games, but thats why we play the games I'm 0-2 against the Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->