Nash, Zetter, Frolov, Chistov, Hemsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Zetterburg is skating a lot better than last year (which wasn't bad in the first place) and he's driving to the net like he was in the second half of the season last year. Looks like he hasn't lost a step in his development.

A few years down the line, he could be a 70-80 point guy who will captain the team.

I just wish he'd switch from that stupid football number to a real hockey number. Lucky Luc is gone. He should take #20 like he wanted when he first came here.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
thome_26 said:
You mean you think he has 50-60 point career potential? Or you think thats what he's capable of this year? 50-60 points this year would probably make him one of the top couple in the group this year. And if you think his max potential is as a 60 point man you drasticly under-rate him.
No.
I mean career max.
Wake up dude.
Not all prospects will score 70+ points in their career.
Especially in today's hockey.

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
PigPen said:
I just wish he'd switch from that stupid football number to a real hockey number. Lucky Luc is gone. He should take #20 like he wanted when he first came here.
I used to think it would have been cool for Z to wear 20, but I think the number forty is cool. It's very distinctive, you know. In a couple years, if you ask a hockey fan who wears forty, they will say "Zetterberg!" or maybe Lalime. But if you ask who wears 20, there are many answers to give. Detroit doesn't need another second-year number twenty. The last one didn't do very well.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Evilo said:
No.
I mean career max.
Wake up dude.
Not all prospects will score 70+ points in their career.
Especially in today's hockey.

ha, Hemsky with a 60 point career potential. Thats funny... really. He's the best playmaker and has the most dazzle of any of the players. And you can't possibly dream about saying that he doesn't have a good shot either, cause he does. He just doesn't use it.

A Good Flying Bird*

ukyo said:
Anyone paying attention to Zetterberg in preseason? He's skating around like he's the captain, taking huge minutes. In fact, two games ago in that 9-0 blowout against Boston he was centering for Shanahan and Holmstrom and recorded 3 assists. Looks like he's going to be asked to fill in Federov's role, and if preseason is any indication, Sergei won't be missed in Detroit.

The kid has poise.
Everywhere he plays — the worlds, the world juniors, the NHL, the SEL — he's the kind of guy who really seems to take charge.
The reports from this year's worlds were glowing, to say the least. Some said he was the best player on Sweden. Considering Sundin and Forsberg played, that's pretty incredible.

A Good Flying Bird*

thome_26 said:
ha, Hemsky with a 60 point career potential. Thats funny... really. He's the best playmaker and has the most dazzle of any of the players. And you can't possibly dream about saying that he doesn't have a good shot either, cause he does. He just doesn't use it.

Hemsky amazed me last year. Reminded me of Datsyuk, but a bit bigger.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
thome_26 said:
What's so funny?

Check the scorers' list.
Not many players reach 60 points.
You overrate him BIG TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad