Rumor: Nash Submits No Trade List

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
On a serious note......oh Lord, please Lord......just ONCE can we get a generational talent ala McDavid and Eichel. Yeah I know, we have been very fortunate getting Hank and stealing McD. For that bit of luck, we have been raped numerous times.

Question, wouldn't it best serve our Rangers to trade either to a team on the "bubble" in hopes they don't make the PO's and add that extra "percentage" should we also not make it? In hopes of landing Dahlin?

Another question ......even if we somehow DID get #1, is it a given to pick Dahlin? There are others maybe better suited for our team? Just asking.
I know you don't see it this way. But to me this is literally saying "For once can we get a generational talent, I know we got a generational talent already + McD, but...

I get that you want the top player in the entire league when you say generational like McDavid but we got what we needed. We had Leetch, we have Hank. We just didn't manage to put the team around Hank for most of his career and when we finally did, our idiot coach blew the SCF along with some terrible reffing..

I also place a metric TON of the failure on two absolutely tragic, unpredictable occurrences in Cherepanov and Sauer.

OH yea and McI over Tarasenko.

Last edited:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Very interesting that he said, several times, "if they dont want me" before catching himself.

Yeah you can tell he really wants to come back to NY. If he wanted to take a cheaper 2 or 3 year contract I'd much rather have him than Kovalchuk. My guess is he looks for more of a Marleau type of deal and that's not something I'd be willing to give him.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't think he's coming back..I think he's in the...they don't want me..phase.. Honestly I'd only be interested in a 2 to 3 year deal at 3 to 4 mil a year.. Unlikely hed sign for that

Reactions: yrrebbor

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
You show those kids in Toronto how it's done in the postseason, Rick!

Oh, wait....

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this is a business. its all about winning. no room for sentimental favorites and feels.

if we can GET BETTER by moving him its a no brainer and would be professionally irresponsible to do anything less.

buh bye.

Reactions: eco's bones

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
giphy.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't really get this obsession with Rick Nash coming back next year to the Rangers--whether it's from him or from the posters here.

Rick Nash is running out of career. He should want to be on a team that can win. Right now that ain't the Rangers. The idea that he's going to mentor young players is bs. What's he going to do--teach them to backcheck? That's what the coaching staff is for. How to be nice to old ladies at team events?--he's probably good at that. How to win big games?--maybe not so good at this. I get that he's a nice likable character who means well but IMO if at his age if he'd rather play for a team that's going to be super hard pressed to make the playoffs next year if not even the year after that rather than play for a team that might actually have a shot at winning then there's something wrong with the guy. He should be after a championship.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
this is a business. its all about winning. no room for sentimental favorites and feels.

if we can GET BETTER by moving him its a no brainer and would be professionally irresponsible to do anything less.

buh bye.

This is a weird post. He’s almost definitely getting moved. Even besides having him submit his list, management straight up said they were gutting the team.

It’s also strange because you’ve always seemed to be more emotional about Nash than every other poster combined.

Blueshirts777

May 8, 2017

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Honestly I'd say trade him straight up for tolvanen...if ever there was a team ready to win the cup and a more perfect fit for Rick Nash...it's the preds...seems like a perfect match...that's a steep price for them but it would be a monster piece and a perfect fit.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Honestly I'd say trade him straight up for tolvanen...if ever there was a team ready to win the cup and a more perfect fit for Rick Nash...it's the preds...seems like a perfect match...that's a steep price for them but it would be a monster piece and a perfect fit.

I'm sure Poille is dying to do that trade. C'mon now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad