Nash nets 3rd of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker*

sec17 said:
Assuming you mean 2003-04... and comparing the new NHL to the old is comparing apples to oranges.
Compare Nash's 51 to 3...

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Den said:
The question should be rather, why the guy who played 6 games only this season is on the team?

Because he's got size, skill, game-breaking abilities, and proven chemistry with other members of the team. So regardless of his injury riddled season the intangibles he brings to the table are too hard to pass up.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Captain Canuck 19 said:
Because he's got size, skill, game-breaking abilities, and proven chemistry with other members of the team. So regardless of his injury riddled season the intangibles he brings to the table are too hard to pass up.

Then I have a better candidate: big E after his next concussion.

jacketracket*

Den said:
The question should be rather, why the guy who played 6 games only this season is on the team?
Excellent point.

If they were going to take a young kid, they should have taken that one kid who dominated the Worlds, for Canada ...

bizzz*

For somebody who likes stats so much. Nash's team scored 8 goals in last 3 games. He was on the ice for 6 of them.

When he was plaing on the one line with Zherdev and Fedorov they scored 3 goals. When he was on the one line with Letowski and Rupp, they scored 2 goals. He already makes everyone around him better. And he will dominate olympics.

Lindros_for_rizzle_

Oct 20, 2005
Den said:

Hey! :madfire: Don´t even joke about it. A sentence like that don´t have any reason in the **** world to be on a forum like this. Start behaving.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Lindros_for_rizzle_ said:
Hey! :madfire: Don´t even joke about it. A sentence like that don´t have any reason in the **** world to be on a forum like this. Start behaving.

:biglaugh: Relax Bonnie.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
jacketracket said:
Excellent point.

If they were going to take a young kid, they should have taken that one kid who dominated the Worlds, for Canada ...

Hmmmm that kid who did absolutly nothing in the semis and the final game ? That kid ? :dunno:

X0ssbar

Yeah...he sucks..guess we'll have to make room for him on Team USA :sarcasm:

jacketracket*

CSKA said:
Hmmmm that kid who did absolutly nothing in the semis and the final game ? That kid ? :dunno:
Hmmmm ... does that kid's team even get that far, without that kid? :dunno:

joe_shannon_1983*

Yes, Nash has scored some goals since his return.

But in 2 Nashville vs. Columbus games since he came back, Kariya is beating him 4 points to 1.

Nash isn't the player Kariya is. Nor is he the player that Shanahan or Tanguay are.

Nash being on the Olympic Team is kind of stupid.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Den said:
I don't get it, why bring up Big E? Lindros is nowhere near the level he used to be. Nash is younger, better and has proven that he can dominate.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
CSKA said:
That kid along with Thornton and Gagné, was hands down Canada's best line. In case you forgot, hockey is a team sport and Team Canada was not a very good team at the last WCh, at least IMO. Heatley didn't do much either so are you suggesting that we forget him too? What some of you Russians don't get is that Canada wouldn't have gotten that far without Nash. It's that simple.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Canuck21t said:
If it was Ovechkin, would you push him aside?

Likely, but I am not sure. But AO is unique to Russia: any other candidate (Semn, Korolyuk) would be appreciablly worse, while Nash is replacable for Canada: Shanny is the natural pick. I understand that the team needs new blood over the years, but not like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad