Nash MVP and only All-Star

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
He's worn the Canadian flag on his chest 4 times, and this is the first time he didn't fail. Throw in his regular season play over the last 6 years, and I still say he has a hell of a lot to prove before he should be given another shot on the A squad.

Some of you need to realize the WHC is hardly a talent filled tourney. Do any of you think the MVP of the AHL should be given a spot on the Olympic team? Well, giving the WHC MVP, who didn't even deserve it, a free pass onto the team is pretty stupid too.

wildone26

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
There wasn't a lot of great competition, but IMO he deserved the goalie of the tournament award.

His calm play against USA and Russia was amazing.

The award could also have gone to Jeremenko. Honorable mention to Jonas Hiller and Cam Ward.

You don't get the Best Goalie award, when you cost your team the final. Although his stats are truely impressive, from what I have seen he didn't have to make too many great saves.

wildone26*

Boy, you sure hit the nail on the head regarding Nash's position on the team pre-tournament didn't you?

So I was wrong. I dont mind. I enjoy being right, but if being wrong is beneficial to Canada winning a major event then I prefer being wrong as I was in this case.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Why not ? Best players doesn't mean best team (Who knows it better than Russians ? :D)

Thats right, best players doesnt mean best team..........especially if the players are from Russia.........because of course they play as individuals and not as teams........you keep taking your players named to the all star teams in these events........and us Canadians will just keep taking the gold medals :)

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Phaneuf should have been one of the Tourney all stars on defence.......no question...........also Lehtonen shouldnt have been the goalie allstar........should have been the Russian goalie.

Doan Lombardi or Staal all could have made the allstar team in the place of Morozov IMO but i dont have a problem with giving Morozov the spot either.

Nash as the tourney MVP was an easy choice...........right from day 1 he dominated this tourney....he didnt score a lot in the first few games but he still was all over the ice and was Canada's best player. When the games mattered most Nash played like a Monster.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Lehtonen and Nummelin were odd choices.

I thought both did pretty well, but there were better choices to be made.

And Malkin was alright, even though he was completly off the game when a half-decent d-man like Saravo had the job of neutralizing him.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Brewer played better on team Canada. He was a beast defensively, and showed that he knows the big ice by now.

Brewer was good too, but he did have one bad game in the preliminary round. He coughed up the puck and it led directly to a goal.

dru

Jarmo Unchained
Jun 9, 2005
CBUS
www.colorriot.com
So I was wrong. I dont mind. I enjoy being right, but if being wrong is beneficial to Canada winning a major event then I prefer being wrong as I was in this case.

How's that crow taste Wildone? I look forward to many more posts like this from you in the future.

You just made my day. :D

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005

But I mean, you were REALLY wrong. I mean, you thought he wouldn't be asked and then when he was asked you thought he would probably be replaced off the first line or completely off the team. And I mean, Nash wasn't just 'the best player' he was the best player by a longshot.

You completely misevaluated management's impression of Nash and you misevaluated Nash's skill level to such an extent that the tournament MVP wasn't even a person on your radar.

It just makes me wonder how you got so far off the track of reality.

Mr.Brownov*

Glad to see Nash can be a star in international competition. The big man needs big ice to play well:sarcasm:

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
But I mean, you were REALLY wrong. I mean, you thought he wouldn't be asked and then when he was asked you thought he would probably be replaced off the first line or completely off the team. And I mean, Nash wasn't just 'the best player' he was the best player by a longshot.

You completely misevaluated management's impression of Nash and you misevaluated Nash's skill level to such an extent that the tournament MVP wasn't even a person on your radar.

It just makes me wonder how you got so far off the track of reality.

AMEN:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I dont get to see these games where I live and the Paper doesnt cover hockey if it doesnt directly relate to the Blues.

It sounds like Eric Brewer played well which is great. How did Barett Jackman play when he got into the lineup.

Thanks guys

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Brewer played better on team Canada. He was a beast defensively, and showed that he knows the big ice by now.
Brewer has always played well for team canada, even in the world cup i felt he was one of the better defencemen Canada had on the ice. His problem though is the expectations people had/have for him. He's seen as a bust because he's not Chris Pronger which is was everyone was hyping him up to be when he was young.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I dont get to see these games where I live and the Paper doesnt cover hockey if it doesnt directly relate to the Blues.

It sounds like Eric Brewer played well which is great. How did Barett Jackman play when he got into the lineup.

Thanks guys

Didn't see much of Jackman except for when he was standing still and not trying on one of Finland's goals in the final.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Not only did he deserve an all star selection, he deserved the MVP.

He was the leader of a team that followed him to the Gold Medal. When controversy surrounded this team, and could have sank thm, he raised his play, put his teammates on his back, and powered his way through.

The selection of MVP was a no brainer. Unfortunately, who ever picked it, showed they didn't have a clue.

Second year that Nash has benefited from his linemates, and got accolades he couldn't earn on his own.

Sad, just sad.

Cling onto those irrational idiotic thoughts my man, they look great on you!:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad