Line Combos: nash-brass-zucc why are they struggling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Nash has to get into season mode. After fizzling out in the spring of 2014, he had a weak start in October only to go a goal scoring streak earning him potential MVP nods until the butt move returned. I'm sure this is more of the same deal, and he will be potting them during the solstice. He hates the equinox though. It's must be a gravity issue. Anyway…it's only been a few games.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Nash has to get into season mode. After fizzling out in the spring of 2014, he had a weak start in October only to go a goal scoring streak earning him potential MVP nods until the butt move returned. I'm sure this is more of the same deal, and he will be potting them during the solstice. He hates the equinox though. It's must be a gravity issue. Anyway…it's only been a few games.
Nash went 9-2-11 in 9 games in October last year, scored 2 goals in game 1 and went on a 4 game goal scoring streak

Wolfy*

This is absurd. It's the 3rd game.

Exactly. Brass has a sore wrist. Zuke starts easy because of the well known injury. Nash had over 40 goals last season, most of them with his current linemates.

And the line already has 3 goals, looking good, and will become better. A little patience please :)

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York

This is incorrect

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
we're 3-0, what's it matter which line scores the goals? As long as they're scored.

Well, short-term I don't care who scores, but you can't expect Miller, Stalberg and Lindberg to be PPG players all season. Sooner or later the top6 has to add some production.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
People getting worried about our 1st line already need to calm down. We are 3 games into the season, with a 3-0 record averaging 4 goals per game. I can think of 27+teams who would love to have a start like that. We are doing great so far. Stop looking at negatives all the time and look and some of the positives, because the latter far outweighs the former so far.

Wolfy*

Looks like you can forget about any changes on that line..

Rangers coach Alain Vigneault publicly criticized his first line after the opener, feeling they had more to give. He has high hopes for the Zuccarello-Rick Nash-Derick Brassard trio, which has come alive since the coach’s pointed remarks.

“I think that line is on the upswing,†Vigneault said. “They’ve all had moments where one of them or two of them have been real good, but there always seems to be one guy is just off on his execution.

“I’ve got so much belief in those three players, as far as the way they can play at both ends of the rink, be effective defensively and we all know what they can do offensively.
“So my expectations for what they can bring to us on a daily basis, practice and games, is higher than what I’ve seen so far.â€

http://nypost.com/2015/10/12/mats-zuccarello-survived-hell-brought-back-life-lesson/

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well, short-term I don't care who scores, but you can't expect Miller, Stalberg and Lindberg to be PPG players all season. Sooner or later the top6 has to add some production.

No kidding.

This is the exact point of having a deep lineup. Even the best lines go through slow patches, one game or a few. Your depth is there to pick up some of the slack when it happens. It's not going to continue like that indefinitely.

Plus, AV will definitely switch things up if it's clear that N-B-Z won't be clicking the way they did last year (which is totally possible)

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this line is really our 2nd line. its early though.

brass has been mostly hot garbage so far.

nash looks like playoff rick nash so far

and zuke looks like he needs guys who can finish more.

i expect this line to continue to work hard and produce less than the sum of its parts.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
lets split them up. There is absolutely no reason to believe that 3 of our best offensive players who have consistently been our best line over the past year will play any better than they already have.

They have just been overachieving in the past. This is the real Nash Brass Zucc line.

THIS IS SARCASM

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I've been saying this the last few playoffs.

In the play-offs guys like Kreider, Zucc and Brassard are great every year in the play-offs but Nash just needs to add a bit more goals. The biggest issue last season was Lundqvist playing like Chad Johnson against Tampa

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
In the play-offs guys like Kreider, Zucc and Brassard are great every year in the play-offs but Nash just needs to add a bit more goals. The biggest issue last season was Lundqvist playing like Chad Johnson against Tampa

56544017.jpg

Say it ain't so...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A goalie who is paid 12.5% of the salary cap is expected to do better than what he did against Tampa. He was awful.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
They are three good to great players, but I do agree that Zuccarello/Brassard and Nash especially dosen't really have a great on ice chemistry. They still do OK, and usually scores points - but that's imo because they are all gifted individuals. They also always gets matched agaist the other teams top lines, something that hurts their possession stats.

Still, I would not break them up yet, because I think that chemistry might still develop. If something were to change though, I would like to see Stephan take Brassards place, because I think Stephan/Nash have better chemistry than Brassard/Nash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad