Nash and the Ref?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCCHL inactive

wassup77 said:
Why the hell should he be suspended? if you can touch an other player why shouldn't u be able to touch a referee? its madness.

This comment lacks so much sense that it is impossible to come up with an intelligent response for it.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Van said:
This comment lacks so much sense that it is impossible to come up with an intelligent response for it.

Hehe, I know. That didn't sound very good. But hey! there is a reason why Nash didn't get suspended (because he shouldn't).

If Nash whould have used violence it whould have been another story. :rant:

BCCHL inactive

wassup77 said:
Hehe, I know. That didn't sound very good. But hey! there is a reason why Nash didn't get suspended (because he shouldn't).

Any ill-intended physical contact from a player to an official is physical abuse of officials. In the NHL, this call is punished by a 20-game suspension. It doesn't have to be extremely violent for the call to be made.

I repeat... ANY ill-intended physical contact from a player to an official is physical abuse of officials.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Van said:
Any ill-intended physical contact from a player to an official is physical abuse of officials. In the NHL, this call is punished by a 20-game suspension. It doesn't have to be extremely violent for the call to be made.

I repeat... ANY ill-intended physical contact from a player to an official is physical abuse of officials.

Yes ok, but on the other hand...the referees suck in this tournament...they can't even make a call right when its them selves beeing abused :biglaugh:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wassup77 said:

He definitely crossed the line, it does not matter if it hurt the ref or not. That would have resulted in a suspension in any league. It's a fine line and he crossed it. He intentionally hooked the ref twice, and pushed a linesman...if that is not punished, it gives a wrong signal to the players. They have to know that the ref is completely untouchable.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
psycho_dad said:
He definitely crossed the line, it does not matter if it hurt the ref or not. That would have resulted in a suspension in any league. It's a fine line and he crossed it. He intentionally hooked the ref twice, and pushed a linesman...if that is not punished, it gives a wrong signal to the players. They have to know that the ref is completely untouchable.

So why didn't the referee do something? because he felt that Nash had the right to be upset.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wassup77 said:
Yes ok, but on the other hand...the referees suck in this tournament...they can't even make a call right when its them selves beeing abused :biglaugh:

Yes, we agree on that. Absolutely horrible calls have been made in several games, and teams have been robbed clear goals (Latvia, Finland to mention a few). But it's not for the players to punish, IIHF should suspend the refs who have made the crap calls.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Btw, I was drunk when I saw the incident so maybe I didn't see it like you guys did. Does anyone have a videoclip on the hook?

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wassup77 said:
So why didn't the referee do something? because he felt that Nash had the right to be upset.

I dont know, maybe he was not up to his tasks and should be suspended also. Maybe he did not know it was intentional because he had his back turned and did not see Nash doing it totally intentionally. They should have suspended him after the game even if the ref did not care much about it. It is against the rules, big time. You just don't do that.

What you are suggesting is, players should be able to punish the refs with sticks if they don't feel the call was right. How twisted is that? :dunno:

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
psycho_dad said:
I dont know, maybe he was not up to his tasks and should be suspended also. Maybe he did not know it was intentional because he had his back turned and did not see Nash doing it totally intentionally. They should have suspended him after the game even if the ref did not care much about it. It is against the rules, big time. You just don't do that.

What you are suggesting is, players should be able to punish the refs with sticks if they don't feel the call was right. How twisted is that? :dunno:

Rick Nash should be able to punish whoever he wants! :sarcasm:

No but seriously...All Nash was trying to do was to stop the referee so he could whine. Then a linesman came to stop him and he pushed him in moment of anger. He was very upset about that the referee just let Hedström throw the puck away and totally ruin Canadas chances to score.
If I'd been the referee I'd totally let him touch me.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wassup77 said:
Rick Nash should be able to punish whoever he wants! :sarcasm:

No but seriously...All Nash was trying to do was to stop the referee so he could whine. Then a linesman came to stop him and he pushed him in moment of anger. He was very upset about that the referee just let Hedström throw the puck away and totally ruin Canadas chances to score.
If I'd been the referee I'd totally let him touch me.

Judging by the way you view this situation, you would pay for Rick Nash to touch you. In any way or form.

I did not even see why Nash was mad, but if it is what you said it is, Hedström had every right to do that. You can throw the puck in your own zone. That is not against the rules at all.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
psycho_dad said:
Judging by the way you view this situation, you would pay for Rick Nash to touch you. In any way or form.

I did not even see why Nash was mad, but if it is what you said it is, Hedström had every right to do that. You can throw the puck in your own zone. That is not against the rules at all.

Are you alowed to throw the puck from your zone to the other zone? I don't think so. If that whold be true everybody whould pick up the puck and throw it away in boxplay... :dunno:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wassup77 said:
Are you alowed to throw the puck from your zone to the other zone? I don't think so. If that whold be true everybody whould pick up the puck and throw it away in boxplay... :dunno:

Yes you are. You have learned a few new rules today haven't you...ref can't be punished with sticks after what a player feels is a bad call..and that a player can throw the puck out of his own zone.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
psycho_dad said:
Yes you are. You have learned a few new rules today haven't you...ref can't be punished with sticks after what a player feels is a bad call..and that a player can throw the puck out of his own zone.

I don't belive that! If so everybody whould abuse that in boxplay.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
wassup77 said:

How the hell can you defend a player for hooking a ref (which is clearly against all hockey rules no matter which league) using an alleged mistake by the ref as an excuse??

So every time a ref makes a mistake it's ok to get physical with the ref? Man, Kerry Fraser wouldn't dare to step on the ice if that was the case.

IF Nash indeed hooked the ref twice with his stick he should have been suspended immediately, that's crystal clear.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wassup77 said:
I don't belive that! If so everybody whould abuse that in boxplay.

Why would they, it's faster to play it with their sticks. If the puck is high and you can't reach it with your stick without it being high sticking, you can just hit it with your hand, or basically take it in your hand and throw it out. Of course you can't hold onto it for a long time or the ref will blow the whistle, but yes, you can throw the puck out of your own zone. You dont have to believe me, consult the rulebook.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Pepper said:
How the hell can you defend a player for hooking a ref (which is clearly against all hockey rules no matter which league) using an alleged mistake by the ref as an excuse??

So every time a ref makes a mistake it's ok to get physical with the ref? Man, Kerry Fraser wouldn't dare to step on the ice if that was the case.

IF Nash indeed hooked the ref twice with his stick he should have been suspended immediately, that's crystal clear.

its not alowed to hook players either...but people do it anyways. If someone on the street came with a hockeystick and hooked you. Should he get suspended then? This is absurd. :shakehead

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
wassup77 said:
its not alowed to hook players either...but people do it anyways. If someone on the street came with a hockeystick and hooked you. Should he get suspended then? This is absurd. :shakehead

Maybe you should check the NHL rulebook under the headings Rule 76 Physical Abuse of Officials and Rule 64 Hooking to see what's the difference in penalties.

Come back after that.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Pepper said:
Maybe you should check the NHL rulebook under the headings Rule 76 Physical Abuse of Officials and Rule 64 Hooking to see what's the difference in penalties.

Come back after that.

This has nothing to do with the NHL...there is no NHL...there is no NHL rulebook.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
wassup77 said:
This has nothing to do with the NHL...there is no NHL...there is no NHL rulebook.

Well now you're just building strawmen here, why don't you cut your losses and admit that you were wrong.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Pepper said:
Well now you're just building strawmen here, why don't you cut your losses and admit that you were wrong.

I'm sure he is not wrong in his private little bizarre world. Where hockey refs are prey and Nash is a predator.

A free hint to wassup77...read the IIHF rulebook, it helps watching games too. Understanding the game and the rules gives it a whole new feeling.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
psycho_dad said:
I'm sure he is not wrong in his private little bizarre world. Where hockey refs are prey and Nash is a predator.

A free hint to wassup77...read the IIHF rulebook, it helps watching games too. Understanding the game and the rules gives it a whole new feeling.

Well I must be lucky that IIHF lives in my little bizarre world then...Is Nash suspended? No? Then I guess I was right. The IIHF and referees and all agrees with me. :rolly:

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wassup77 said:
Well I must be lucky that IIHF lives in my little bizarre world then...Is Nash suspended? No? Then I guess I was right. The IIHF and referees and all agrees with me. :rolly:

Canada always gets away with this stuff, because they are the leading hockey country and have way more power in the cabinets. But the fact is, like everyone has told you in this thread already, that in any normal circumstance that would have been a suspension. Nash was just too important for Canada to lose, and they let it slide. Thats a fact. Everyone knows you just CAN'T hook a referee twice intentionally and get away with it by the rules...the rules simply state that it's a big time offense.
:teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->