Nash and the Ref?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

lol canada complains at the ref. http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2005/05/08/1030713-sun.html

maybe thats why he hooked him :D

it's pretty low complaining at the ref, afterall he didn't give any team an extra favor. I mean, the penalty that led to canadas 4th goal wasn't even a penalty (even the canadians in here agreed to that)

suck it up and come out strong for next game instead.

Macman

May 15, 2004
SectionX said:
lol canada complains at the ref. http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2005/05/08/1030713-sun.html

it's pretty low complaining at the ref, afterall he didn't give any team an extra favor. I mean, the penalty that led to canadas 4th goal wasn't even a penalty (even the canadians in here agreed to that)

I agree. I think the officiating at this tournament has been good. It's never perfect, but it's been as close as you can get, especially in contrast to the under-18s.

reaper

May 1, 2005
Did YOU read the article? "They were of the opinion that even though their game hadn't been very good, Russian referee Vyacheslav Bulanov's had been much worse". Just one quote from that article. Don't like that attitude from Canada, they are good enough to take a loss without blaming it on someone else.

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
SectionX said:

I quite agree,

Canada lost because they were the worst team on the night, period, quit crying about it. Some nights officating will go your way and some nights it wont, it's life.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
SectionX said:
I didn't see it, but then again I was drunk ;)

I was also drunk as hell...but I still saw it! actually it was one of few things I actually can remember from the game :biglaugh: I love Nash just as much as Ruutu now :biglaugh: that was hilarious!

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
The ref should be untouchable. That was nasty move by Nash, and after the hook he pushed linesman.

For the luck of Nash Bulanov didn't drop his "gloves" :)

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Sounds to me like a few people are wishing something happened...obviously the ref. didn't feel there was anything malicous or angry in whatever Nash ACTUALLY did/didn't do...he played today...(with Finns draped all over him and kept his scoring dominance going). The reffing is a moot point IMO...its always going to be questioned...we have good/bad calls...nobody is whining!

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Vikke said:
Nash should be suspended. It wasn't pretty at all. :teach:

Absolutely. I can't believe he got away with it...you just DON'T touch the refs, period. If it would have been a player from any other team, I am pretty sure there would have been a suspension. Canada has loads of cabinet power and everyone knows that.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
psycho_dad said:
Absolutely. I can't believe he got away with it...you just DON'T touch the refs, period. If it would have been a player from any other team, I am pretty sure there would have been a suspension. Canada has loads of cabinet power and everyone knows that.

are you kidding me? it was nothing. The referee didn't hurt himself and the only thing that got injured was my stummick after all the laughing. :biglaugh:

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
It was not nasty at all. Nash hooked the Ref, but without much strength. What was stupid though was that Nash did it again after the Ref tried to get rid of the stick. When the Ref finally "freed (the whole thing was a scene of about 1.5 seconds) he didn't punch the other Ref, he shoved him. It was not malicious at all. Nevertheless I agree that a Ref should be untouchable and that he should have gotten a suspension. Is stuff like this will get acceptable, then ugly things could happen.

Roger's Pancreas*

I have to agree that he should be sat out one game. You just don't touch the officials, doesn't matter which league it happens in.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
wassup77 said:
I think you are all overreacting. Why not suspend all players who yell at the referee too?

I have to agree with the others....you can't touch a referee unless to shake his hand after the game, if you yell at a ref your most likely going to get a minor or misconduct btw. Also I am a ref and if someone hooked me to get my attention i would toss them in a heartbeat.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
FLYLine4LIFE said:
I have to agree with the others....you can't touch a referee unless to shake his hand after the game, if you yell at a ref your most likely going to get a minor or misconduct btw. Also I am a ref and if someone hooked me to get my attention i would toss them in a heartbeat.

not if you'd just done the biggest mistake ever, and you knew it.

Roger's Pancreas*

wassup77 said:

No way. If you're the ref you are the ultimate figure head and supposed to be untouchable. I know it's not the exact same thing but Jeremy Roenick threw his water bottle in the direction of the ref and was given a multiple game suspension. IMO One game suspension for taking down a ref is perfectly reasonable especially when the next game doesn't have alot riding on it.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
wassup77 said:

What was this situation which got Nash so upset?
I think there was no mistake, Nash only wanted penalty to team Finland for some hooking or something...? It wasn't something like puck was in the net and ref didn't notice it etc.

BCCHL inactive

wassup77 said:
I think you are all overreacting. Why not suspend all players who yell at the referee too?

Yelling at a referee and touching a referee are two entirely different things.

Yelling at a referee at the pro level is usually ignored by the referees unless what is said is worthy of a penalty, of which the severity can vary based on exactly what was said.

It doesn't matter how "non-violent" it is, anytime a player touches a referee in an intimidating manner, the player should be suspended.

wassup77 said:

What exactly do you base this comment on? I don't care what the situation is. If a player physically abuses me, he's in the showers.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Van said:
Yelling at a referee and touching a referee are two entirely different things.

Yelling at a referee at the pro level is usually ignored by the referees unless what is said is worthy of a penalty, of which the severity can vary based on exactly what was said.

It doesn't matter how "non-violent" it is, anytime a player touches a referee in an intimidating manner, the player should be suspended.

What exactly do you base this comment on? I don't care what the situation is. If a player physically abuses me, he's in the showers.

Why the hell should he be suspended? if you can touch an other player why shouldn't u be able to touch a referee? its madness.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
wassup77 said:
Why the hell should he be suspended? if you can touch an other player why shouldn't u be able to touch a referee? its madness.

Untouchable, that's why. Why can only shake his hand that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad