Confirmed with Link: Nash (50% ret.) to Boston for Spooner + Lindgren + Beleskey (50% ret.) + 2018 1st + 2019 7th

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, @Larrybiv I doubt Gorton will move all our veterans for youth, because it`s not working well in NHL. It`s easy to say top end young elite D for Ryan Mc, but truth is it take years to develop them into that 1st pair position just out of their draft years.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don’t think we will get the return everyone expects now for McD after the return Gorton brought back for Nash. Ottawa’s back is more against the wall and whatever they receive will set a (lower) price for McD IMHO. Will Gorton have a discipline not to move him then? Summer prices might not be better but it is not likely to be much worse either.

TV analysts mentioned that many teams are looking to replicate Boston turnaround. To me that blueprint starts with having Bergeron, Marchant, Krejci, Pasta in place and then deciding to keep Chara even though there were clear signs of beginning of a decline. Then came to making good draft (and trade) choices even with some mistakes on a way. We have our core in place that, when healthy, most would agree is pretty good. Gorton works on bringing prospects and picks to build through but the move on McDonagh is by far the most important. I hope keeping him for now or even keeping him long term is not eliminated.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Boston fans heads exploding ??? Why.......Spooner is a one dimensional nice little 3rd line player....We were not resigning anyway. Lindgren is still at least three years away from the NHL and you can have the pick at 30....means little to us......We will enjoy having Nash add to already a top 5 team in the NHL.........This trade is like a pimple off our asses....

Until you suddenly realize that that "pimple" turned out to be one of your TESTICLES!

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
You sound like you know him personally. I KNOW many Bruins fans have personal relationships with their players (especially home grown)......well do you? Just curious.
I've had to stick up for this kid many times coz some people aren't patient with smallish players. I won't comment on are connection but this guy does care and has been mentally abused when there's other ways to get a point across.

I'm no expert but he still has more and I really hope he hits it.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Based on a couple of smart comments above I definitely think these were quiet good deals for Groton. Spooner is a talented winger and as others mentioned we got Brassard at a similar age and got the best years out of him while with the Rangers. The same could be with Spooner and at worst he's an asset to move later down the road.

Both Rykov and Lindgren are talented defensive D with character, physicality and leadership, impressive resumes with both competing in multiple WJC for their countries. You still need guys like this in your lineup to eat up minutes. Both are solid and safe adds to the prospect pool. We also now have some picks to go for some game changing players in the draft. 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 3 thirds. It's a good start to the rebuild.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I don’t think we will get the return everyone expects now for McD after the return Gorton brought back for Nash. Ottawa’s back is more against the wall and whatever they receive will set a (lower) price for McD IMHO. Will Gorton have a discipline not to move him then? Summer prices might not be better but it is not likely to be much worse either.

TV analysts mentioned that many teams are looking to replicate Boston turnaround. To me that blueprint starts with having Bergeron, Marchant, Krejci, Pasta in place and then deciding to keep Chara even though there were clear signs of beginning of a decline. Then came to making good draft (and trade) choices even with some mistakes on a way. We have our core in place that, when healthy, most would agree is pretty good. Gorton works on bringing prospects and picks to build through but the move on McDonagh is by far the most important. I hope keeping him for now or even keeping him long term is not eliminated.
Agreed. This deal (whether it's made, or not) decides everything in my eyes. Fully taking a chance on this turning out to be 3-4 years in a regular, or keeping him maybe it's only 1 or 2. Keeping him, (for now) gives them time to sort things out.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I've had to stick up for this kid many times coz some people aren't patient with smallish players. I won't comment on are connection but this guy does care and has been mentally abused when there's other ways to get a point across.

I'm no expert but he still has more and I really hope he hits it.
Thanks Bergy......you are "cool beans"!

Reactions: BergyWho37

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
So how was it for you to see "the cat" last night? I bawled like a baby, different bawlsnfor numerous different faces from yesteryear. Not the Leechy's, Richter's and Messier's......bug for the Stemmer's, Sarge's, Brad's and Eddies's! Even happy to see Irvine and Ric. Now praying to God that Vic can make it to next year's ceremony.
He seemed like he was going to feint or have a heart attack, when told his jersey would be up there next year.
I didn't see the ceremony at all. I don't have MSG and the radio feed didn't even cover it. :(
I'll check the Rangers video page later. I'm too interested in deadline day.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Agreed. This deal (whether it's made, or not) decides everything in my eyes. Fully taking a chance on this turning out to be 3-4 years in a regular, or keeping him maybe it's only 1 or 2. Keeping him, (for now) gives them time to sort things out.

@Edge among a few others is making good points about the ship leaving (as in left) on resigning McD. I was still basing it off early reports via Brooks that they were kicking a tire on Ryan and Zuke. If they truly moved on, as it seems to be the case since McDonagh didn’t participate in yesterday’s event, the return better be well in excess of than what Nash just brought back. Anyone cares to give a blueprint of a better deal? Might as well take it to the trade deadline thread.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Spooner looked good last night, showed some really slick moves. Has better hands than I expected and better than most guys we have.

If somsone really wants him and makes a great offer I guess move him but I’m open to giving him a shot next year. We can use all the raw talent we can find.

Anyone watch Lindgren regularly?

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Spooner looked good last night, showed some really slick moves. Has better hands than I expected and better than most guys we have.

If somsone really wants him and makes a great offer I guess move him but I’m open to giving him a shot next year. We can use all the raw talent we can find.

Anyone watch Lindgren regularly?
id like to keep him, if he isnt what we need trade him at next years deadline

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I wish you the best of luck with Spooner. This kid was on my radar when he was coming up through the system, and I had some high hopes. However, there is no single player on the Bruins that I have wished to be traded more than Spooner in the last 2 years. While he is having a pretty good season, and is perhaps starting to put it together, he has been very frustrating to watch in the past. He is a good skater with some good stick handling skills, but he has a tendency to hold the puck too long, make stupid or forced plays, and otherwise just let plays die on his stick. I've lost brain cells watching him do his 10-and-2 skating maneuver and stick handle while moving back and forth at the edge of the zone until the entire play just dies and he gives the puck away.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Nash has been phenomenal in Boston so far. Glad to see Spooner is putting up some serious points as well. You guys like that weird little "10 and 2" skating trick as Jack Edwards would call it?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
We knew. He is one of the best 200ft wingers in hockey. Got a lot of flack here because he couldn’t replicate his 42 goal season every year.

Nash was probably the rangers best defensive forward since Stepan was moved. Part the reason why his numbers aren't great this year

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nash was probably the rangers best defensive forward since Stepan was moved. Part the reason why his numbers aren't great this year
Water under the bridge but I think Nash took that title from Stepan even before the move.

Reactions: romba

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nash has been phenomenal in Boston so far. Glad to see Spooner is putting up some serious points as well. You guys like that weird little "10 and 2" skating trick as Jack Edwards would call it?

I've been wondering about this "10 and 2" term. What's the reference?

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I've been wondering about this "10 and 2" term. What's the reference?
He does a weird little thing while skating where he twists out his ankles and continues skating forward at full speed while facing to the side.

I think Jeff Skinner does it too but nobody else in the league off the top of my head.

The 10 and 2 reference the angle of his skates when he does it, like 10 and 2 on a clock or \ /

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
He does a weird little thing while skating where he twists out his ankles and continues skating forward at full speed while facing to the side.

I think Jeff Skinner does it too but nobody else in the league off the top of my head.

The 10 and 2 reference the angle of his skates when he does it, like 10 and 2 on a clock or \ /

Crosby does it pretty well too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->