Confirmed with Link: Nash (50% ret.) to Boston for Spooner + Lindgren + Beleskey (50% ret.) + 2018 1st + 2019 7th

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I would like them to keep Spooner. Re-sign Nash at $3.75AAV. Sign Kovalchuk to a 35+ contract.

Next year:

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Kovalchuk-Hayes-Zucc
Miller-Spooner-Nash
Vesey*-Andersson-Fast
Lettieri

Last edited:

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I would like them to keep Spooner. Re-sign Nash at $3.75AAV. Sign Kovalchuk to a 35+ contract.

Next year:

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Kovalchuk-Hayes-Zucc
Miller-Spooner-Nash
Fast-Andersson-Lettieri

1. It's a waste of Andersson development playing on 4th line.

2. Spooner is not a Centerman. Miller is better than Spooner at center.

3. I rather trade Spooner now for a 2nd of 3rd round pick.

Reactions: haveandare

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Would of liked a forward prospect but I like Lindgren

Gorton bent over the B’s here though. Them being in a bit of cap trouble helped
Considering how the Bruins have bent the Rangers over (yeah, I'm dating this way back, and still holding a grudge) I for one.......AM LOVING THIS!

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
just back after being away so ill chime in.

stoked to actually say nash is gone. waste of cap space. good luck in b town. the return was what i expected and more. really well done by grotons. bravo.

nash will take his game east but wont be long until im reading the b's board and laughing at all the comments that could have been copied and pasted from this place. looking forward to that really.

always liked ryan spooner from his draft year. he skates well and has silky hands. small guy but talented. i actually would keep him and he's is not a centerman. he's a winger.

lets sell off mcd27 on draft day and package some picks and move up that draft boys. this is our draft to make a statement. top 3 pick or bust.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Lol is Boston drunk? Why did they throw in Spooner . . . ?
I think they had a falling out some time ago. Wanted more playing time (maybe demanded?) But, then again who doesn't. He has been linked to the Rangers in the past......wanted him then......thrilled now as it's better late than never. JG apparently has taken heed to my requests. Zbad, last year.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
1. It's a waste of Andersson development playing on 4th line.

2. Spooner is not a Centerman. Miller is better than Spooner at center.

3. I rather trade Spooner now for a 2nd of 3rd round pick.
Its really not a waste of Andersson’s development at all. This is 2018. Not 2008. Teams roll 4 lines consistently. A lot of teams are deploying their young prospects on the 3rd and 4th lines with the ability to move up.

That is your opinion that Spooner cant play center.

Spooner has talent, he should be kept. He is still young and adds much needed depth

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Next year:

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Kovalchuk-Hayes-Zucc
Miller-Spooner-Nash
Fast-Andersson-Lettieri
Funny, you have Nasher coming back.....but not Grabs?

Gorton is a freakin' hockey GM God! The man with a plan! Pull off trades stocking the cupboard and possibly getting them back next year, one at a discount paying for the other's raise! Other teams have been doing this for years......(albeit not often) but it's about time we really score. Wow, just sacrificing one season for what could be another solid 10 years of sustainability.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
just back after being away so ill chime in.

stoked to actually say nash is gone. waste of cap space. good luck in b town. the return was what i expected and more. really well done by grotons. bravo.

nash will take his game east but wont be long until im reading the b's board and laughing at all the comments that could have been copied and pasted from this place. looking forward to that really.

always liked ryan spooner from his draft year. he skates well and has silky hands. small guy but talented. i actually would keep him and he's is not a centerman. he's a winger.

lets sell off mcd27 on draft day and package some picks and move up that draft boys. this is our draft to make a statement. top 3 pick or bust.
My "spirit guy" is telling me we may have 2 picks in the top 10! You heard it here 1st!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He's an RFA. I have to assume Gorton doesn't want to pay all of these guys long term. Spooner, Miller, Hayes, Vesey, Skjei. I assume at least one (certainly not Skjei) will be moved before Tuesday.
Shocked that Vesey or JT didn't go the other way. But, this is better asset management......if indeed you're right about not keeping "all of them", we could get "something" for Vesey I would imagine.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Its really not a waste of Andersson’s development at all. This is 2018. Not 2008. Teams roll 4 lines consistently. A lot of teams are deploying their young prospects on the 3rd and 4th lines with the ability to move up.

That is your opinion that Spooner cant play center.

Spooner has talent, he should be kept. He is still young and adds much needed depth

It's the opinion of basically everyone. Spooner is not a center. He is a wing that can play center in a pinch.

Can we stop trying to shoehorn guys that can't play center into the position?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’m amazed guys don’t like Lindgren. Who do you guys think is going to kill penalties in the future skjei and de Angelo? Gilmour? We need guys that actually play defense.

Rykov and lindgren two D studs from the WJC amazing
As a pair, this allows us to part from McD much more readily. Me thinks.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Ah, thanks!!
So how was it for you to see "the cat" last night? I bawled like a baby, different bawlsnfor numerous different faces from yesteryear. Not the Leechy's, Richter's and Messier's......bug for the Stemmer's, Sarge's, Brad's and Eddies's! Even happy to see Irvine and Ric. Now praying to God that Vic can make it to next year's ceremony.
He seemed like he was going to feint or have a heart attack, when told his jersey would be up there next year.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I don’t. Don’t believe we had the talent or depth.

Kovalchuk > Grabner
Nash = Nash
Spooner > Vesey
Andersson > DD

But this also depends on AV getting fired because the defensive scheme has been the downfall of this team.

Not sure Nash = Nash at this point. I also don't have a ton of interest in Kovalchuk and am not sure he's a definite upgrade over Grabs.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kreider Zibanejad buchnevich
Miller Chytil Zuccarello
Spooner Hayes Fast
Vesey Andersson Carey

Sign a cheap veteran 13th or carry Nieves

Deal zucc at the deadline maybe spooner too if we don’t buy Ufa years this summer.

Seems more than solid without adding a Kovalchuk which I don’t get. Stick to the rebuild.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Fantastic trade by Gorton.

If Nash is returning this kind of package, I'm salivating at the thought of what McDonagh could bring in.
If we don't get a
2018 1st
2019 1st (at the very least a conditional)
An "A" prospect
An almost ready NHL scoring winger

I will be very disappointed. But, I have faith. JG will get that haul.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Now that Grabs and Nash are both gone, turn the page. I might have felt differently when they were still here and kinda wishing they would re-sign, but eff sentimentality. We weren't giving up legends here exactly.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I have to grin at the 7th rounder. Sather always seemed to get a late round pick out of teams when looking to close a trade. I don't think they ever turned into much, but I still like the fact that Sather pushed things that extra little bit. Maybe Gorton picked that up from Slats.

Most teams will give that type of pick up (so they can seal the deal to get what they want) and on the receiving end......you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Hey, Hank was a 7th rounder (granted it was ours) but what if, just what if they used that pick for that"high risk type player" that seems they may not jump to our country or has good character, great talent but is 5'7 OR a player that was OUT for an entire year and teams don't want to take a chance he would recover? With that "extra pick" you have nothing to lose and everything to gain......right?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Good luck Ryan I know it's in you and this year you proved many wrong.

Push to the ceiling bro you have many tools

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Damn with these prices, flip Spooner for a Grabner like return and DD for a 2019 3rd
I think "in general" many teams are "already loaded" with upcoming talent and are more willing to let some of their kids "go" for already accomplished NHL players.
Grabs, Nasher, McD and Zuccha fill that bill, and this is the "perfect storm" for the Rangers to "catch up" with the league doing it all in one super duper 2018 draft and maybe into 2019 as well. Quick rebuild, but a part of me is thinking that way may push to going "over the edge" and may not be able to compete without McD and Zuccha. We will see.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Good luck Ryan I know it's in you and this year you proved many wrong.

Push to the ceiling bro you have many tools
You sound like you know him personally. I KNOW many Bruins fans have personal relationships with their players (especially home grown)......well do you? Just curious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->