Confirmed with Link: [NAS/OTT] Conor Allen for Patrick Mullen

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think the Gryba trade to Edmonton for a 4th and an AHL scrub was the last trade.

Wait, we traded Gryba? :amazed: I thought he was just an expired contract :laugh:

So at least my thinking of we haven't brought in a roster player since the Spezza trade is still correct at least!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
200_s.gif

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I legitimately forgot that we traded Lehner and Legwand to Buffalo for a pick.

#gettingold

i was thinking "oh yaaaa legwand" when you mentioned him here. Then i thought i'd probably like legwand here instead of dziurzynski that got games, greening got games, etc... then i went to do some stat watching, he has 2 goals in 40 games. NVM.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Yup im with you guys on that one.

I just want something from management that shows me they know something is wrong.

Making a trade because you think you need to make a trade is how you wind up on the wrong end of a deal like the Thornton trade to San Jose.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sometimes it feels like Murray cares more about Bingo than the Sens.

Was i the only one who found it hilarious that the Sens held a press conference for Eric O'Dell who was pretty much there only big ahl signing in the offseason?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Making a trade because you think you need to make a trade is how you wind up on the wrong end of a deal like the Thornton trade to San Jose.
Boston should have been able to get more, but It gave the Bruins the cap space to go out and sign Chara, and Savard.

There's an opportunity cost to be considered when holding on to a high salary player. Without moving Thornton, there is no way Chara is a Bruin, and probably not Savard either. One was a huge part of their SC, the others career shortened by a cheap shot artist, but still a great player.

When Boston accepted the package they did, I'm sure a big part of it was because of the money it opened up, which needs to be considered.

edit: Obviously this is on topic because of all the money Mullen for Allen opens up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->