Name your prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Jani Rita, although I have high hopes that he will be able to earn a spot next season... if there is a next season.

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
modestfwd said:
Speaking of Rangers prospects:
Prucha (lockout has forced him down to 4th line w/ barely any ice time at all. Feck you Hedjuk.)

Lundqvist. If there was a season, he probably would be in Hartford getting used to his angles. Now he's stuck in Europe dominating, but he really should be in NA by now.

Yep, I Totally agree These guys are among the ones most hurt by the lock-out... just hope it dosn't hurt their development too much :dunno:

Specialy Lundqvist which i'm a big fan of

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
sabexx said:
Yep, I Totally agree These guys are among the ones most hurt by the lock-out... just hope it dosn't hurt their development too much :dunno:

Specialy Lundqvist which i'm a big fan of

Well I think Lundqvist still has a pretty good chance to make the Rangers' roster, even with this years lockout, don't you?

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
SuperKarateMonkey said:
this might be off topic, but im really curious as to what happened to shvidki since being drafted. at one point, he was the 4th best prospect according to the hockey news (behind luongo and the sedins). how did he end up where he is today?

Well his skills are pretty decent, but he suffers too many injuries at the NHL level and he also had a bad attitude torwards management about being sent back down to the AHL, as well as not getting called up to the NHL.

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Diaboli said:
Well I think Lundqvist still has a pretty good chance to make the Rangers' roster, even with this years lockout, don't you?

OHHH ABSOLUTLY!!!

The only thing is I'm a bit worried about another year playing the angle in the Olimpic rinks, might make it longer to adjust than doing it this year....wich everybody seems to think is a big adjustment.

But I think it's easier to make the switch from Olympic rinks than the other way around, since the angle are shorter to cover on NHL rinks. So I'll stick with you on this one and will keep on cheering for Frolunda in the meantime

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
for the nyi I have to wonder if Mapletoft and Papineau aren't running out of chances in the organization.

Mapletoft would've been a lock to make the isles because like Papineau and Hunter last yr,he's out of waiver options and the nyi wouldn't demote him and run the risk of another team claiming him.Now he's stuck in Bridgeport another yr,battling injuries.

Papineau said in an interview that he'd asked Milbury at the end of last yr what he needed to do to get more playing time and Milbury said add some weight.He added 25 lbs,but still plays soft and is putting up disappointing numbers in the ahl.

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I would add Robert Nilsson... while he's still a truly legitimate prospect, the fact that so many nhlers got to the SEL definetly hurted him in quality icetime this year. The kid need Icetime in key situation to fully develop. His WJC still shows great potentiel, but need to get it into gear :dunno:

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
I feel bad for just about all the prospects in Europe. Tons of them are trying to get noticed for their draft years, others were poised for their breakout year. Instead, a bunch of Pros come over because they want to stay in shape and they have nothing better to do.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
sabexx said:
I would add Robert Nilsson... while he's still a truly legitimate prospect, the fact that so many nhlers got to the SEL definetly hurted him in quality icetime this year. The kid need Icetime in key situation to fully develop. His WJC still shows great potentiel, but need to get it into gear :dunno:

one of the nyi posters(patchyfogg),hosts a sports radio program on Thurs. nights on LI.He's interviewed Grossman(Post) and Hahn(Newsday).Both beatwriters are reporting the same info.

Isles continue to be high on Nilsson's offensive skills,think it's a matter of him needing a lot of icetime and to mature.They're saying the isles want to bring Nilsson over to NA.Sounds like Nilsson wants to come over.

I'm wondering if players from Europe and juniors will be able to sign in the ahl, if the there's still no cba going into next season :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->