Name your prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
whose window has closed or near closing thanks to the lockout. For example, Mattias Tjarnqvist had a decent shot at a lower line position this year however next year Hagos and Jokinin could be near ready and with Miettinen and Lessard around along with svoboda there is likely no room.

The window also is near closing on Mietts as he is only suited for the top lines and cannot stay healthy although they may give him next year

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This works regarding players on teams as well. As many as 10%, 15% or even 20% of players who were on team rosters in 2004 I bet will be overcome by players in the minors. Let this go to lose another year and the number will be 25% or more I am betting. The players have to know that this layoff is devastating to them at the lower ends (or the players toward the ends of their careers, which average 4 years according to the NHLPA, but that discussion is for the business threads), be they prospects or lower tier players. That is why I have hope for a cave, unfortunately the players that you are talking about in this thread have no vote, no say.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
I do not think this is business , it is a specific question about prospects who window may be closing although I agree many will lose out. Probably the big winner is the low minors like the ECHL who will get quality players when this is done.

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
I think Kyle Wanvig for the Wild is running out of time...he had a shot if the season had happened this year, but I think he is sliding down the chart pretty quickly. Only 7 points in 31 games for Houston...not good.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I wouldnt say he lost his window, but I think a guy like Anton Babchuk has been discouraged by the lockout. He had a pretty much guaranteed spot on the Hawks in the summer, and now he is playing less than spectacularly in the AHL. I think his lackluster play is really opening the possibility of Seabrook, Barker, or Byfuglien catching up to him in development and jumping over him on the depth chart should this lockout kill the season. If all 4 of those guys are playing in the AHL next season, Babchuk is going to have to try a lot harder to keep his spot.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
theBob said:
I wouldnt say he lost his window, but I think a guy like Anton Babchuk has been discouraged by the lockout. He had a pretty much guaranteed spot on the Hawks in the summer, and now he is playing less than spectacularly in the AHL. I think his lackluster play is really opening the possibility of Seabrook, Barker, or Byfuglien catching up to him in development and jumping over him on the depth chart should this lockout kill the season. If all 4 of those guys are playing in the AHL next season, Babchuk is going to have to try a lot harder to keep his spot.

The same can be said with Ron Hainsey. This guy could complete one of the best left D trio with Souray and Markov but he don't have a good head to be a NHLer...

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
SingnBluesOnBroadway said:
Jamie Lundmark

Lundmark's window closing has nothing to do with the lockout. He has looked completely useless at the AHL level, if there was a season he would have been garbage for the Rangers.

Speaking of Rangers prospects:
Prucha (lockout has forced him down to 4th line w/ barely any ice time at all. Feck you Hedjuk.)

Lundqvist. If there was a season, he probably would be in Hartford getting used to his angles. Now he's stuck in Europe dominating, but he really should be in NA by now.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Petr Sykora, if you still can consider him a prospect

With lack of any scoring depth or centers, I think McPhee would've been hard pressed to get Sykora over here...not like hasnt tried before though

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Starsdude said:
whose window has closed or near closing thanks to the lockout. For example, Mattias Tjarnqvist had a decent shot at a lower line position this year however next year Hagos and Jokinin could be near ready and with Miettinen and Lessard around along with svoboda there is likely no room.

The window also is near closing on Mietts as he is only suited for the top lines and cannot stay healthy although they may give him next year
these are the guys i feel bad for..the guy who worked is ass off and really thought he had a good shot of making the big club. the 26 year old prospect who was going to contribute this year and finally reach their dream for however short period of time but will never get to now.

Verbal Kint*

Can't say there's many of them on Toronto, though Colaiacovo should be in the NHL by now.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Mooch said:
Alexander Perezhogan or possibly Chriss Higgins (in a very limited role of course)

Both PerezhogIIIIIn and Higgins will still have the door open for them when there's an NHL season. I don't think this lockout minimizes their chances to have a spot with the habs.

Mooch

Nov 6, 2003
NC/Toronto/Florida
Rahan said:
Both PerezhogIIIIIn and Higgins will still have the door open for them when there's an NHL season. I don't think this lockout minimizes their chances to have a spot with the habs.

I think i interpreted the thread question wrongly. I thought it was asking "which player should have been in the nhl this season with the current lock-out"....my bad.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Mooch said:
I think i interpreted the thread question wrongly. I thought it was asking "which player should have been in the nhl this season with the current lock-out"....my bad.

:lol

For the panthers i think it is Campbell. Sure fire 3rd liner and would have played checking roles but when the nhl resumes Florida will have more of there talented guys ready.

Jaysfanatic*

Devils fans will tell you Adrian Foster, because of all his injuries.

myrocketsgotcracked

Crossbar said:
I think Denis Shvidki has run out of time for Florida.

this might be off topic, but im really curious as to what happened to shvidki since being drafted. at one point, he was the 4th best prospect according to the hockey news (behind luongo and the sedins). how did he end up where he is today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->