Bellevue, WA

We've officially got trademarks filed.

The official DuckJet list of domains:
Lasvegaslions: PRIVACYDOTLINK CUSTOMER 2350665
lasvegassilverknights: Moniker Privacy Services
lasvegasperegrines: Moniker Privacy Services
lasvegasneonknights: Robert Hillsman
lasvegasknights: Matthew Sommers
(these names are public entities at this point and can be viewed by anyone who uses Whois so I don't think I'm infringing on privacy by sharing their names)
lasvegasknightshockey: David Barth
LasVegasAces: MGM Entertainment (a small part of me hopes this is in conjuncture with Foley and the league and they make the one feasible exception to the no gambling references rule)
Lasvegasthunderbirds: Giordano Theatre and Events Center
Lasvegastbirds: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
lasvegasthunderbirdshockey: no domains found
lasvegasstealth: Namespro.ca PrivateWHOIS
lasvegasdesertknights: Moniker Privacy Services
lasvegasnighthawks: Black Knights Financial
lasvegasredhawks: Black Knights Financial
lasvegasdeserthawks: Black Knights Financial
(just for reference)
lasvegaswranglers: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
lasvegasnights: Ron Priore, Megagame INC
lasvegasblacknights: Joseph Pedulla
lasvegasowls: Dan Trask, Trask Holdings
lasvegasnightowls: Edward Dorville
lasvegascavalry: No domains found.
lasvegasoutlaws: HugeDomains.com
lasvegasbandits: Hugedomains.com
lasvegasscorpions: Russell Hedland, Las Vegas Pest Control (that one should've been obvious)
lasvegaswhiteknights: no domains found
lasvegasdarkknights: Robert Strazynski
lasvegaslegion: No domains found
lasvegasaliens: NICOLE A
lasvegsassilverfoxes: No domains found
lasvegasfalcons: Bianca something who cares
lasvegasdesertfalcons: No domains found
lasvegasscorpionshockey: No domains found
lasvegascavaliers: PRIVACYDOTLINK CUSTOMER 2350641 (interesting that Cavalry was not bought but this was)
lasvegasheat: Peter Maksymec
lasvegaslights: Silver Spring
lasvegaspaladins: No domains found
lasvegashorsemen: No domains found
lasvegascaballeros: No domains found duh
lasvegasgladiators: PRIVACYDOTLINK CUSTOMER 2350632
lasvegaswarriors: This Domain For Sale Worldwide 3392225132
lasvegasspartans: Ann Field
lasvegasvultures: Lorraine Cooper
Lasvegasvillains: Larry Farrauto
lasvegasvampires: Tim Watters
lasvegasratpack: HugeDomains.com
lasvegasrats: DAVID BERTUCH
lasvegasvipers: Francois Veilleux
lasvegascobras: Registration Private, Domains By Proxy, LLC
lasvegasvenom: Registration Private, Domains By Proxy, LLC
lasvegasneon: Domain Admin, epromote
lasvegassidewinders: james benedik
lasvegascowboys: Peter Maksymec
lasvegasgoldknights: no domains found
lasvegasminers: Tim Watters
lasvegaseagles: Brian Bidadi
lasvegasredknights: no domains found
lasvegasblueknights: no domains found
lasvegasgreenknights: no domains found
lasvegasgreyknights: no domains found
lasvegasthunder: NameFind LLC
lasvegaslegionnaires: no domains found
lasvegasdeserteagles: no domains found
lasvegasdesertfalcons: no domains found
lasvegasjousters: no domains found
lasvegasjokers: Dinn Mann
lasvegasguardians: no domains found
lasvegasheroes: Lyle Brennan
lasvegaswarknights: no domains found
lasvegasknightowls: Dan Trask, Trask Holdings
lvknights: Matthew Sommers
vegasknights: domain registrant, org (interesting)
lvlions: Lynn Valley Lions
vegaslions: NextEngine Ventures, LLC
lvlionshockey: nodomainsfound
lasvegassandknights: Namespro.ca PrivateWHOIS

Last edited:

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Silver Knights it is, I guess. Well, I hope.

Edit: Assuming of course this one is the real one, you guize.

Last edited:

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Am I the only one who pictures those badass looking knights from Dark Souls when I hear "Silver Knights?" Definitely not a bad thing.

Silver%20Knight%20Front.png

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I went with Golden Knights because gold, not silver is the colour of winning. Also, I've been nattering for some time that my vision had gold as part of the name. My prophesy will soon be fulfilled. :D

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I went with Golden Knights because gold, not silver is the colour of winning. Also, I've been nattering for some time that my vision had gold as part of the name. My prophesy will soon be fulfilled. :D

Well, the Stanley cup is silver so silver does represent winning in the NHL.

If Foley originally wanted black knights then I think settling for silver knights works.

I like it better because there is already the Blackhawks so nice not to have another black tram name.

Blues vs blue jackets is a bit different as the blues are n ot blue notes just blues.

I think the wait for the team name seems long because I would imagine they are also working on the logo, team colors, and Jersey.

Best IMO to announce all of these at once.

Jun 6, 2016
Desert Knights, I mean.....I guess I can get used to it.

The ****in obsession with Knights from Foley killed everything we could of potentially had.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Well, the Stanley cup is silver so silver does represent winning in the NHL.

If Foley originally wanted black knights then I think settling for silver knights works.

I like it better because there is already the Blackhawks so nice not to have another black tram name.

Blues vs blue jackets is a bit different as the blues are n ot blue notes just blues.

I think the wait for the team name seems long because I would imagine they are also working on the logo, team colors, and Jersey.

Best IMO to announce all of these at once.
Silver brings that State of Nevada in to the whole thing too, with Nevada being the Silver State. Early in the process Foley made it clear that he's interested in approaching the whole state as the market, not just Southern Nevada.

Golden Knights keeps the Army connection.

Desert Knights, bleh.

Desert Knights, I mean.....I guess I can get used to it.

The ****in obsession with Knights from Foley killed everything we could of potentially had.

With any of these names, the team will still be the Knights 80% of the time they're mentioned. This is a way of backing in to the Knights name. As far as other options? I liked 10% of them. I don't think we're missing much with the Knights obsession.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Silver Knights.

Nevada is the Silver State. The color silver is on both the flag of Nevada and of the flag of Las Vegas. The picture we all have in our heads of knights has them wearing silver-colored metallic armor.

Make the colors black and silver, in synchronization with the Raiders, and watch the merch fly off the shelves.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
What was the general consensus around here to Las Vegas Vipers? Feels like that's a slam dunk - native animal, alliteration, intimidating...

Jun 6, 2016
Silver Knights.

Nevada is the Silver State. The color silver is on both the flag of Nevada and of the flag of Las Vegas. The picture we all have in our heads of knights has them wearing silver-colored metallic armor.

Make the colors black and silver, in synchronization with the Raiders, and watch the merch fly off the shelves.

Coming from a fan of a city who's teams colors are all completely different in all 4 sports. This would be refreshing.

Jun 6, 2016
What was the general consensus around here to Las Vegas Vipers? Feels like that's a slam dunk - native animal, alliteration, intimidating...

There was a "No Snake" thing brought down by Foley early.

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Coming from a fan of a city who's teams colors are all completely different in all 4 sports. This would be refreshing.

This is one area where I wish everyone was like Pittsburgh.

As a native New Yorker, I love the fact that the Knicks, Mets, and Islanders all use blue and orange, the colors of our flag... but since New York is such a big city, and we have like, a dozen pro sports teams playing in our market, it's impossible to have all of our teams use the same color scheme. But for most cities where you only have one team per sport, like a Detroit or a Miami, why not have all of your franchises follow the same color scheme?

Las Vegas, since they were blackballed for so long, has the ability to be like Pittsburgh. Which would be awesome. Maybe someday Vegas will have teams in every sport, or at least NBA, NHL, MLS and NFL... and if the Silver Knights and Raiders use black and silver, others will likely follow suit.

The (AAA baseball) LV 51s use gray, just a matter of getting them to adopt black too. Lol

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The 51s are likely changing their name and branding if/when they move to Summerlin. There might be a chance to change the colors as well.

However, I think the 51s are all about using their parent club's colors. When they were the Stars, they followed San Diego's lead. When the 51s change came, I think they were with LA, so they look very Dodgerish. It just so happened that Toronto and the Mets also share similar colors, so they never changed.

Who knows if that would change with a move.

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
The 51s are likely changing their name and branding if/when they move to Summerlin. There might be a chance to change the colors as well.

However, I think the 51s are all about using their parent club's colors. When they were the Stars, they followed San Diego's lead. When the 51s came, I think they were with LA, so they look very Dodgerish. It just so happened that Toronto and the Mets also share similar colors, so they never changed.

Who knows if that would change with a move.

Well, LA, Toronto and the Mets share blue but that's about it. Most MLB teams have blue in their color scheme.

Before we (Mets) affiliated with LV, we were with Buffalo, until Toronto rightly bought them, since Buffalo and Toronto are close enough to be considered one market (at least by the NFL). Your top minor league affiliate SHOULD be located nearby, for numerous reasons. Anyway, the Buffalo Bisons used blue and orange when affiliated with the Mets. Now that was symmetry! :p

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Well, LA, Toronto and the Mets share blue but that's about it. Most MLB teams have blue in their color scheme.

Before we (Mets) affiliated with LV, we were with Buffalo, until Toronto rightly bought them, since Buffalo and Toronto are close enough to be considered one market (at least by the NFL). Your top minor league affiliate SHOULD be located nearby, for numerous reasons. Anyway, the Buffalo Bisons used blue and orange when affiliated with the Mets. Now that was symmetry! :p

Yeah, and the 51s are just Blue and White with a little silver trim. It matched well with Toronto and the Mets after the Dodgers left town. However, if you look at the 51s uniforms, they're still very Dodgerish in design, with the different colored numbers and the way the name is written. I think they switched the red numbers to orange with the move to the Mets, but it's still a Dodgers uniform. I'm pretty sure the numbers were still red when they were affiliated with the Jays.

Anyways, they didn't need to change much with the carousel of major league affiliations over the past few years since LA, Toronto, and NYM all use a similar blue color. However, if they went with the White Sox, Mariners or a team without blue I would think that the 51s would change their branding completely to mix with the parent club. It just seems like the way it's worked with the Las Vegas AAA team since the start.

It's new ownership now, so who knows if they have the same mindset as the previous owners. Perhaps I'm just making connections where there are none.

I have thought it was weird that they didn't un-Dodger the uniform design after the Dodgers affiliation ended, though.

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
To the Mets that's not such a big deal since the Mets themselves are Dodger-inspired, hence gray road uniforms and the use of Dodger blue as our primary color (and Giant orange as the secondary color). When we opened Citi Field, people complained that it seemed to be a monument to LAD since the entrance is the Jackie Robinson rotunda, a memorial to Robinson breaking the color barrier and his career as a Dodger.

But back on topic, I hope the new LV AAA team decides to go with its own identity rather than tying its color scheme to their MLB affiliate. If the Raiders move to Vegas and if the NHL franchise goes with black and silver, that's what's best for business for the AAA baseball team, too.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I really hope they go with the full Las Vegas in the name. Just Vegas sounds dumb and I think would take a lot of steam out of the whole process. I'm cool with Silver Knights.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I really hope they go with the full Las Vegas in the name. Just Vegas sounds dumb and I think would take a lot of steam out of the whole process. I'm cool with Silver Knights.

Me too, I've got a real issue with Vegas anything. This is Las Vegas.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Well damn. Foley just HAD to have something in front of Knights.

Looking that way. I'm holding out hope that it's all negotiations with London (listen, do you want a couple million and to share the name or not? We've got other options.) That's seeming less and less likely though.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Im the other way. Cut out the extra word and just go with Vegas. Thats what they will be referred to anyways so you might as well make it official.

Nevada >>>>>>>> Vegas though x1 million.

Vegas Desert Nights.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Silver Knights.

Agreed...

However, I still like my suggestion...

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
NONE of these really appeal to me(so much so that I wondered if a fourth choice, BACON!, would be added). That said, if I had to choose one, Silver Knights would be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad