Prospect Info: My Top 20 Hab Prospects List (Updated #503)

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Here's my list:

1. Michael McCarron
2. Noah Juulsen
3. Nikita Scherbak
4. Charles Hudon
5. Sven Andrighetto
6. Artturi Lehkonen
7. Jacob De La Rose
8. Jarred Tinordi
9. Zachary Fucale
10. Lukas Vejdemo
11. Martin Reway
12. Magnus Nygren
13. Daniel Carr
14. Christian Thomas
15. Brett Lernout
the rest

We definitely need to get some left defencemen in the system.

I'm going to leave out guys still in Junior or under 20, and guys already in the NHL like Tinordi and Pateryn.

My criteria are mainly about will this player help us win a Stanley Cup with his skillset. I give them 1-3 years to get to the NHL level, 2-4 years to have an impact.

I don't think we have that many top talents, to be honest. For example, I don't count Holloway or Thomas or Tokarski as guys who could help a champion team much.

1. Michael McCarron
2. Jacob De La Rose
3. Nikita Scherbak
4. Charles Hudon
5. Daniel Carr
6. Sven Andrighetto
7. Artturi Lehkonen

8. Michael Bournival

9. Magnus Nygren
10. Brett Lernout

Bournival is a long-shot even though he has wheels. I think when healthy he can be a decent fourth-fifth liner, but reaching the level of a player who could make even a noticeable impact might be just out of his reach. The seven forwards above him bring at least one great skill to the table that can help a team. But I put him there so we can reach ten players.

The bottom two are even longer shots for a couple of reasons. First, they will each need to push Pateryn and Tinordi out of the everyday lineup even after Gilbert is gone. Problem is there are probably both Subban and Petry on the right side in the NHL for years to come. Second, Juulsen might be the best RHD in our stable, we just need to see him in the pros to confirm.

I didn't put any goalies on the list. I'm not at all hopeful for Fucale's chances to make it to where he could play 25 games per year for a winning NHL team.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'm going to leave out guys still in Junior or under 20, and guys already in the NHL like Tinordi and Pateryn.

My criteria are mainly about will this player help us win a Stanley Cup with his skillset. I give them 1-3 years to get to the NHL level, 2-4 years to have an impact.

I don't think we have that many top talents, to be honest. For example, I don't count Holloway or Thomas or Tokarski as guys who could help a champion team much.

1. Michael McCarron
2. Jacob De La Rose
3. Nikita Scherbak
4. Charles Hudon
5. Daniel Carr
6. Sven Andrighetto
7. Artturi Lehkonen

8. Michael Bournival

9. Magnus Nygren
10. Brett Lernout

Bournival is a long-shot even though he has wheels. I think when healthy he can be a decent fourth-fifth liner, but reaching the level of a player who could make even a noticeable impact might be just out of his reach. The seven forwards above him bring at least one great skill to the table that can help a team. But I put him there so we can reach ten players.

The bottom two are even longer shots for a couple of reasons. First, they will each need to push Pateryn and Tinordi out of the everyday lineup even after Gilbert is gone. Problem is there are probably both Subban and Petry on the right side in the NHL for years to come. Second, Juulsen might be the best RHD in our stable, we just need to see him in the pros to confirm.

I didn't put any goalies on the list. I'm not at all hopeful for Fucale's chances to make it to where he could play 25 games per year for a winning NHL team.

I like that list but would move DLR down simply because his two way game is questionable.

Even Gainey and Tremblay could score.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
1. McCarron
2. Hudon
3. Juulsen
4. Scherbak
5. Andrighetto
6. DLR
7. Carr
8. Reway
9. Fucale
10. Lehkonen
11. Nygren
12. Tinordi
13. Vejdemo
14. Grégoire
15. Lernout
16. Evans
17. McNiven
18. Bourque
19. Audette
20. Ellis
21. Dietz
22. Addison
23. MacMillan
24. Bozon
25. Johnston

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I have been working on my rankings, have seen every Hab prospect play a full game so far this year except Hawkey, Sullivan and Evans who I will get to see Saturday night. I didn't include anyone on AHL deals, or guys that have graduated (Tinordi/Pateryn/Condon). I didn't include Hawkey since he's hasn't played in about a year.

Top 25

1. Nikita Scherbak
2. Mike McCarron
3. Noah Juulsen
4. Charles Hudon
5. Jacob de la Rose
6. Martin Reway
7. Artturi Lehkonen
8. Magnus Nygren
9. Sven Andrighetto
10. Brett Lernout
11. Zach Fucale
12. Lukas Vejdemo
13. Jérémy Grégoire
14. Christian Thomas
15. Daniel Carr
16. Michael McNiven
17. Darren Dietz
18. Mark MacMillan
19. Tim Bozon
20. Mac Bennett
21. Morgan Ellis
22. Ryan Johnston
23. Connor Crisp
24. Matt Bradley
25. Jeremiah Addison

HM, Bourque, Audette, Evans

So far we have depth and some balance, lacking high end talent overall throughout the system and a lack of defensemen especially LD's.

From the top 25 prospects, we have 2 goalies, 7 defensemen and 16 forwards.

3 1st round picks (Scherbak, McCarron, Juulsen), 4 2nd round picks (DLR, Lehkonen, Fucale, Thomas), 6 3rd round picks (Ghetto, Lernout, Vejdemo, Bozon, Bennett, Crisp), 4 4th round picks (Reway, Nygren, McMillan, Ellis), 3 5th round picks (Hudon, Dietz, Bradley), 1 6th round pick (Grégoire), 1 7th round pick (Addison), 3 undrafted picks (Carr, McNiven, Johnston)

You should do a late seson update. It would be interesting to see and hear about what changes you would make, and why. Especially in light of the Button list.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You should do a late seson update. It would be interesting to see and hear about what changes you would make, and why. Especially in light of the Button list.

I suspect I will, I don't put the time in working on the list like I used to when I covered the Habs for HF, other sites or my own site. But since I've always said the lists are useless but are good fun, I will likely put something together at the end since I've seen every Hab prospect this year except Sullivan and Hawkey (would have seen both had they dressed in games that were on tv)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't had much time to work on a year end list but got some pm's asking me to put out a list. I considered Ghetto and Danault as graduated since there's no way they play in the AHL next year unless it's on a conditioning stint. The only prospect I didn't get to see this year was Hawkey since he only played 2 1/2 games. I thought about leaving Lindgren and Parisi off since I have seen so little of them and don't know much about them so my rankings of them could be way off, will get to see them a lot next year.

Top 25

1. Nikita Scherbak
2. Mike McCarron
3. Charles Hudon
4. Artturi Lehkonen
5. Noah Juulsen
6. Martin Reway
7. Magnus Nygren
8. Daniel Carr
9. Jacob de la Rose
10. Zach Fucale
11. Lukas Vejdemo
12. Jake Evans
13. Brett Lernout
14. Darren Dietz
15. Lucas Lessio
16. Michael McNiven
17. Charlie Lindgren
18. Simon Bourque
19. Morgan Ellis
20. Matt Bradley
21. Jeremiah Addison
22. Ryan Johnston
23. Jérémy Grégoire
24. Mark MacMillan
25. Tim Bozon

HM, Hawkey, Audette, Parisi

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I have been working on my rankings, have seen every Hab prospect play a full game so far this year except Hawkey, Sullivan and Evans who I will get to see Saturday night. I didn't include anyone on AHL deals, or guys that have graduated (Tinordi/Pateryn/Condon). I didn't include Hawkey since he's hasn't played in about a year.

Top 25

1. Nikita Scherbak
2. Mike McCarron
3. Noah Juulsen
4. Charles Hudon
5. Jacob de la Rose
6. Martin Reway
7. Artturi Lehkonen
8. Magnus Nygren
9. Sven Andrighetto
10. Brett Lernout
11. Zach Fucale
12. Lukas Vejdemo
13. Jérémy Grégoire
14. Christian Thomas
15. Daniel Carr
16. Michael McNiven
17. Darren Dietz
18. Mark MacMillan
19. Tim Bozon
20. Mac Bennett
21. Morgan Ellis
22. Ryan Johnston
23. Connor Crisp
24. Matt Bradley
25. Jeremiah Addison

HM, Bourque, Audette, Evans

So far we have depth and some balance, lacking high end talent overall throughout the system and a lack of defensemen especially LD's.

From the top 25 prospects, we have 2 goalies, 7 defensemen and 16 forwards.

3 1st round picks (Scherbak, McCarron, Juulsen), 4 2nd round picks (DLR, Lehkonen, Fucale, Thomas), 6 3rd round picks (Ghetto, Lernout, Vejdemo, Bozon, Bennett, Crisp), 4 4th round picks (Reway, Nygren, McMillan, Ellis), 3 5th round picks (Hudon, Dietz, Bradley), 1 6th round pick (Grégoire), 1 7th round pick (Addison), 3 undrafted picks (Carr, McNiven, Johnston)

Really good list Montreal, as a fan that's always in the know about our Habs prospects, I value your opinions and rankings. I do believe Daniel Carr should join a group that includes Matteau, Lessio and Danault, players with AHL exp. above most on that list. Usually the cut off for prospects being 24 yrs. old, possibly should change as the Habs depth in quality prospects is far greater since this regime took the reins, just a thought, but a really good feeling for longtime Habs fans like us.:popcorn:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Really good list Montreal, as a fan that's always in the know about our Habs prospects, I value your opinions and rankings. I do believe Daniel Carr should join a group that includes Matteau, Lessio and Danault, players with AHL exp. above most on that list. Usually the cut off for prospects being 24 yrs. old, possibly should change as the Habs depth in quality prospects is far greater since this regime took the reins, just a thought, but a really good feeling for longtime Habs fans like us.:popcorn:

not sure if you are aware but you quoted the rankings from the start of the season, the updated rankings were post last night a few posts up. I don't consider Carr a lock for the NHL next year since he can go to the AHL without having to clear waivers. I thought about putting Lessio in that group because I do think he makes the Habs next year but since he's not a lock for a spot I thought I would keep him off that list. Ghetto and Danault are locks for sure, so that's why I moved them to graduated.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I haven't had much time to work on a year end list but got some pm's asking me to put out a list. I considered Ghetto and Danault as graduated since there's no way they play in the AHL next year unless it's on a conditioning stint. The only prospect I didn't get to see this year was Hawkey since he only played 2 1/2 games. I thought about leaving Lindgren and Parisi off since I have seen so little of them and don't know much about them so my rankings of them could be way off, will get to see them a lot next year.

Top 25

1. Nikita Scherbak
2. Mike McCarron
3. Charles Hudon
4. Artturi Lehkonen
5. Noah Juulsen
6. Martin Reway
7. Magnus Nygren
8. Daniel Carr
9. Jacob de la Rose
10. Zach Fucale
11. Lukas Vejdemo
12. Jake Evans
13. Brett Lernout
14. Darren Dietz
15. Lucas Lessio
16. Michael McNiven
17. Charlie Lindgren
18. Simon Bourque
19. Morgan Ellis
20. Matt Bradley
21. Jeremiah Addison
22. Ryan Johnston
23. Jérémy Grégoire
24. Mark MacMillan
25. Tim Bozon

HM, Hawkey, Audette, Parisi

I got a feeling Bozon stays relevant this year and has an impact with the Ice Caps. he looked pretty promising near the end.

Same with DLR. People are too hard on him imo but that being said he needs a big year this year one way or another. Really hope he continues to work on his shooting as his last 4 games showed some goal scoring promise. He adds that to his game then we're talking about a brand new prospect.

Vejdemo too. Sounds like he had a solid year but hopefully his play and/or production can take a leap this coming year. I really don't know if he has the potential that TT and Rockstrom were hyping but you can see there's something there.

Hopefully our top 3 play as a line and dominate as they did near the end of the year. Hudon probably gets an extended look at some point next year. Hopefully Scherbak can stay healthy and have a good offseason.

McCarron for me is #1. Scherbak has the higher skill but you can't help but think that whatever line MM is on he'll be the type of guy you go deep into the playoffs with. Plus he has legit skill and has shown he can produce. He's virtually a lock to be at least a 3rd liner. No way he bottoms out as a 4th liner and even less likely he doesn't make the NHL. As raw as he looked last year he could have easily been a competent 4th liner. He'd have to not get one bit better and I really don't see that happening.

Yes we're skill-starved so people just see another grinder in McCarron but I really think this kid's a stud even if he doesn't put up big points in the NHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I got a feeling Bozon stays relevant this year and has an impact with the Ice Caps. he looked pretty promising near the end.

Same with DLR. People are too hard on him imo but that being said he needs a big year this year one way or another. Really hope he continues to work on his shooting as his last 4 games showed some goal scoring promise. He adds that to his game then we're talking about a brand new prospect.

Vejdemo too. Sounds like he had a solid year but hopefully his play and/or production can take a leap this coming year. I really don't know if he has the potential that TT and Rockstrom were hyping but you can see there's something there.

Hopefully our top 3 play as a line and dominate as they did near the end of the year. Hudon probably gets an extended look at some point next year. Hopefully Scherbak can stay healthy and have a good offseason.

McCarron for me is #1. Scherbak has the higher skill but you can't help but think that whatever line MM is on he'll be the type of guy you go deep into the playoffs with. Plus he has legit skill and has shown he can produce. He's virtually a lock to be at least a 3rd liner. No way he bottoms out as a 4th liner and even less likely he doesn't make the NHL. As raw as he looked last year he could have easily been a competent 4th liner. He'd have to not get one bit better and I really don't see that happening.

Yes we're skill-starved so people just see another grinder in McCarron but I really think this kid's a stud even if he doesn't put up big points in the NHL.

Bozon hopefully improves a good bit cause he didn't show much this year. The good news is that he finished the season with 3 pts in the last 6 games. But prior to that he had points in just 3 games out of 25.

I've really hated the way the Habs have handled DLR, he was just starting to show some confidence and putting up points. They really jerked him around, I just hope they finally give him a chance to try and develop his offensive game more in the AHL. I know they are confident in using him in the NHL since he's got the physical tools (size/skating/speed) and is usually very good in his own end but I do wonder what could have been had they done things very differently with him.

I doubt many on this board have seen Vejdemo more then me as I saw a ton of him this year. You can clearly see he has raw tools but needs to get stronger and put it all together consistently. He's so early in his development it's very hard to say what the future holds for him but there's a lot to like so far. I wanted to rank him in Carr's spot since I had thought about moving Carr to the graduated list but since he doesn't have to clear waivers and there's a chance that one of Lehkonen/Hudon beats him out for that LW spot (granted perhaps they move Carr to RW) I opted to put him on the list. With DLR/Fucale I wanted to rank Vejdemo above them but they have shown more in the past as DLR almost put up as many pts in the SHL as an 18 year old that Vejdemo did as a 19 year old while being on a worse team. If Vejdemo gets stronger, he could turn into a very interesting prospect.

I am still very high on Scherbak as the skill is clearly there. I under estimated how his lack of strength would impact him and I really hate how he was handled this year. To me it was just terrible to jerk him around the lineup after coming back from missing half the season at the time. Now the question is what the heck is their plan for him. Is he going to stay at center? I like the idea but hate how they went about it. His defensive game at center was brutal and he often got crushed on draws. He's such a good playmaker and I'm one of those that really likes my centers to be good playmakers, so it does make a lot of sense but not sure it's a good idea until he gets a lot stronger.

McCarron is right there with Scherbak as our best prospects, have been saying it for some time as the biggest reason why I wanted Lefebvre gone was because our top 2 prospects were incoming and didn't want him coaching them. I will say though he did a great job with McCarron as he never took him off the top 6 when he was struggling so badly and only 1 time did he take him off center that I recall. It's just too bad they couldn't have done the same with Scherbak. That said while I agree that McCarron is a lock for the NHL, it's still very hard to say in what role he will end up. I do think he could be a 4th liner if his offensive game doesn't translate and if he's a 4th line center on a cup winning team I won't have a problem with that. On the other hand if his offense translates he could be a top 6 forward as his offensive skill is underrated by many imo. Going to be very interesting and very important to see what happens with our top 2 prospects as imo they mean a great deal to our future.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Intrigued about that Jake Evans guy.

I think Dietz may be underrated a bit. Feels like he could be a good bottom pairing guy for this team. Nothing that really sets him apart, but he does everything well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I think Dietz may be underrated a bit. Feels like he could be a good bottom pairing guy for this team. Nothing that really sets him apart, but he does everything well.

I saw a lot of Jake Evans this year, very impressed with him but like most of our skilled prospects, he's very skinny and lacks strength in a major way. Really good playmaker though and what a great season he ended up having. Now the question is how much more can he progress as he's still very young.

Dietz didn't impress me at all in the AHL this year. For a 3 year pro I thought he would show a lot more and while he was ok he never really stood out. In the NHL at first I thought he looked so over matched but he then he started to turn things around and actually looked decent out there. This up coming season is a big one for him, he needs to show if he's going to be a possible NHLer or just a decent depth defensemen to have int the AHL.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Bozon hopefully improves a good bit cause he didn't show much this year. The good news is that he finished the season with 3 pts in the last 6 games. But prior to that he had points in just 3 games out of 25.

I've really hated the way the Habs have handled DLR, he was just starting to show some confidence and putting up points. They really jerked him around, I just hope they finally give him a chance to try and develop his offensive game more in the AHL. I know they are confident in using him in the NHL since he's got the physical tools (size/skating/speed) and is usually very good in his own end but I do wonder what could have been had they done things very differently with him.

I doubt many on this board have seen Vejdemo more then me as I saw a ton of him this year. You can clearly see he has raw tools but needs to get stronger and put it all together consistently. He's so early in his development it's very hard to say what the future holds for him but there's a lot to like so far. I wanted to rank him in Carr's spot since I had thought about moving Carr to the graduated list but since he doesn't have to clear waivers and there's a chance that one of Lehkonen/Hudon beats him out for that LW spot (granted perhaps they move Carr to RW) I opted to put him on the list. With DLR/Fucale I wanted to rank Vejdemo above them but they have shown more in the past as DLR almost put up as many pts in the SHL as an 18 year old that Vejdemo did as a 19 year old while being on a worse team. If Vejdemo gets stronger, he could turn into a very interesting prospect.

I am still very high on Scherbak as the skill is clearly there. I under estimated how his lack of strength would impact him and I really hate how he was handled this year. To me it was just terrible to jerk him around the lineup after coming back from missing half the season at the time. Now the question is what the heck is their plan for him. Is he going to stay at center? I like the idea but hate how they went about it. His defensive game at center was brutal and he often got crushed on draws. He's such a good playmaker and I'm one of those that really likes my centers to be good playmakers, so it does make a lot of sense but not sure it's a good idea until he gets a lot stronger.

McCarron is right there with Scherbak as our best prospects, have been saying it for some time as the biggest reason why I wanted Lefebvre gone was because our top 2 prospects were incoming and didn't want him coaching them. I will say though he did a great job with McCarron as he never took him off the top 6 when he was struggling so badly and only 1 time did he take him off center that I recall. It's just too bad they couldn't have done the same with Scherbak. That said while I agree that McCarron is a lock for the NHL, it's still very hard to say in what role he will end up. I do think he could be a 4th liner if his offensive game doesn't translate and if he's a 4th line center on a cup winning team I won't have a problem with that. On the other hand if his offense translates he could be a top 6 forward as his offensive skill is underrated by many imo. Going to be very interesting and very important to see what happens with our top 2 prospects as imo they mean a great deal to our future.

I really thought near the end of his call up DLR was starting to look a lot better. he was starting to get some solid scoring chances. Then when he went back down and scored those 3 beauties, I couldn't help but get a bit excited. I think he takes a leap in development this season. I don't like the yo-yoing but personally I think he'll end up all right.

If there's only one true sleeper prospect who could really turn into something in our system it's Vejdemo. I can't really gauge him either. If he gets stronger and works on his shot he could really be something imo. Size, skating, compete, good mitts and passing. I hope he can have a big year.

They shifted Hudon and Ghetto around too. I'd like to think these experiments are more controlled then they look. I'm sure there is plenty of communication between coach and player. Making sure that the player is comfortable to try out these positions. If that's not the case then I'd be truly upset but it hasn't seem to hurt Ghetto and Hudon.

I really think that if McCarron tops out as a 4th liner it's because he doesn't get one iota better and/or we're just completely stacked in the top 9. I don't see any of those scenarios happening. All the flaws I saw in his game can be attributed to physical maturity and just continuing his conditioning which has gotten better. He's shown a great work effort in his offseasons to take his training seriously. I don't see that stopping. he has way too much going for him. A lot would have to go wrong for him not to be a dream boat of a top 9er imo

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Not that great of a prospect pool. Then again we have had pretty low picks and awful AHL staff so it isn't much of a surprise. This years draft should help a lot though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I really thought near the end of his call up DLR was starting to look a lot better. he was starting to get some solid scoring chances. Then when he went back down and scored those 3 beauties, I couldn't help but get a bit excited. I think he takes a leap in development this season. I don't like the yo-yoing but personally I think he'll end up all right.

If there's only one true sleeper prospect who could really turn into something in our system it's Vejdemo. I can't really gauge him either. If he gets stronger and works on his shot he could really be something imo. Size, skating, compete, good mitts and passing. I hope he can have a big year.

They shifted Hudon and Ghetto around too. I'd like to think these experiments are more controlled then they look. I'm sure there is plenty of communication between coach and player. Making sure that the player is comfortable to try out these positions. If that's not the case then I'd be truly upset but it hasn't seem to hurt Ghetto and Hudon.

I really think that if McCarron tops out as a 4th liner it's because he doesn't get one iota better and/or we're just completely stacked in the top 9. I don't see any of those scenarios happening. All the flaws I saw in his game can be attributed to physical maturity and just continuing his conditioning which has gotten better. He's shown a great work effort in his offseasons to take his training seriously. I don't see that stopping. he has way too much going for him. A lot would have to go wrong for him not to be a dream boat of a top 9er imo

I didn't really like what I saw from DLR in his call up this year, but was happy to see him score some nice goals when he went back down. It's very hard to say what he ends up as, there's a lot to like if his offensive game develops even just a little. He's still young and has been getting NHL experience so hopefully he can continue to progress but it's very hard to predict that.

Vejdemo could be a big sleeper in the system, Jake Evans another as they have skills and decent frames but just lack mass and strength.

I really don't know what goes on with these positional moves. I can see moving Hudon to center since he's a playmaker but then to just move him back a few games into the season doesn't make sense. I know McCarron to center wasn't their doing but I'm glad they stuck with it. Scherbak to center as I said makes sense but the timing I don't like. DLR looks more or less the same to me at Center or LW and Ghetto is one of those guys that can play all 3 forward positions so I never had a problem moving him around.

As I said for McCarron on the 4th line, if it was a cup winning team then it's no problem to me. If it's a cup winning team then clearly we are deep. My question would be about his offensive development. There's just no telling how it will go for him at the NHL level, heck I don't even know how it will go for him at the AHL level. He started off so hot but after that he just wasn't the same. At the start of the season, he had a span of 17 games where he had 20 points (Oct 17th to Nov 28th), but then in the next 37 games he had just 13 points which is very troubling for someone getting all that quality ice time. That's very night and day when you think about it, as it's like he caught fire for 6 weeks but the rest of the way his numbers don't look as good. He did end well though with 5 pts in the last 4 games after being sent down though.

Not that great of a prospect pool. Then again we have had pretty low picks and awful AHL staff so it isn't much of a surprise. This years draft should help a lot though.

It's not that great and not that bad cause there are just too many undersized skilled forwards that it's impossible to guess what the future holds for them. If one or two hit in any sort of decent way that should help the Habs a lot as they don't need a top farm system if they can lock up Price long term and somehow find a way to replace Markov's production.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
I had such high hopes for DLR after the 2015 season, it seems he hit a bit of a wall last year. At worst I see him bring a effective 4th liner. Hes still so young I'm hoping he comes back with a better year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I had such high hopes for DLR after the 2015 season, it seems he hit a bit of a wall last year. At worst I see him bring a effective 4th liner. Hes still so young I'm hoping he comes back with a better year.

I was really impressed with him as an 18 year old in the SHL but since then he's been sort of a mixed bag. He has the physical tools you want to see, size, skating, speed to go with high end defensive skills for such a young player. The question has always been about the offense and will it show up. It's a shame that he wasn't handled differently although now we'll just have to wait and see how it goes as this is his last season he won't have to clear waivers to play in the AHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Haven't seen as many as I'd like though as I have yet to see Staum, Hawkey, Henrikson play in a regular season game yet and I haven't seen Bourque, Koberstein, Thrower, or Sullivan play yet this season. Opted to leave out Reway since there's no word on how his injury will impact his future. Graduated Lehkonen and Carr. Left off Nygren since he's so much older.

Top 20

1. Mikhail Sergachev
2. Mike McCarron
3. Noah Juulsen
4. Charlie Lindgren
5. Charles Hudon
6. Nikita Scherbak
7. Will Bitten
8. Victor Mete
9. Jake Evans
10. Sven Andrighetto
11. Jacob de la Rose
12. Michael McNiven
13. Brett Lernout
14. Jeremiah Addison
15. Simon Bourque
16. Lukas Vejdemo
17. Zach Fucale
18. Casey Staum
19. Matt Bradley
20. Daniel Audette

HM - Hayden Hawkey, Arvid Henrikson, Michael Pezzetta

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
My Top 20

1. Mikhail Sergachev
2. Mike McCarron
3. Noah Juulsen
4. Charlie Lindgren
5. Charles Hudon
6. Nikita Scherbak
7. Will Bitten
8. Victor Mete
9. Jake Evans
10. Sven Andrighetto
11. Jacob de la Rose
12. Michael McNiven
13. Brett Lernout
14. Jeremiah Addison
15. Simon Bourque
16. Lukas Vejdemo
17. Zach Fucale
18. Casey Staum
19. Matt Bradley
20. Daniel Audette

wow. Surrpised you still have Hudon that high. Especially since you're a big Scherbak fan. Do you really think Hudon still has a chance? That sounds facetious but I'm actually asking. I was really worried when i saw how slow he was in preseason. I was a big Hudon fan but I feel like I've given up on him in a way.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My Top 20

Nice looking list IMO.

Lindgren may seem high to some but I like him up there at 4th. Fully agreed that our top 3 is Serg/Mac/Juulsen in that order.

The Jake Evans ranking is an aggressive one. I know you have probably seen a lot of him though.

Hudon and Ghetto I have a tough time with, I'd probably rank them close together in the 6-10 range. Hudon has until next year to make the team and not get the Ghetto waiver treatment.

Audette I might have around 15 or so as I liked what he showed at training camp.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
My Top 20

1. Mikhail Sergachev
2. Mike McCarron
3. Noah Juulsen
4. Charlie Lindgren
5. Charles Hudon
6. Nikita Scherbak
7. Will Bitten
8. Victor Mete
9. Jake Evans
10. Sven Andrighetto
11. Jacob de la Rose
12. Michael McNiven
13. Brett Lernout
14. Jeremiah Addison
15. Simon Bourque
16. Lukas Vejdemo
17. Zach Fucale
18. Casey Staum
19. Matt Bradley
20. Daniel Audette

I agree with all that except I have Juulsen over McCarron. Nothing against Big Mac, but Juulsen looks really promising.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wow. Surrpised you still have Hudon that high. Especially since you're a big Scherbak fan. Do you really think Hudon still has a chance? That sounds facetious but I'm actually asking. I was really worried when i saw how slow he was in preseason. I was a big Hudon fan but I feel like I've given up on him in a way.

yes, still very high on Hudon. I would think he'll be in the NHL full time next year and should get a look this year. Scherbak I am still a big fan of as well but really pissed in a few games at his lack of effort and compete level. Scored a highlight goal tonight though.

Nice looking list IMO.

Lindgren may seem high to some but I like him up there at 4th. Fully agreed that our top 3 is Serg/Mac/Juulsen in that order.

The Jake Evans ranking is an aggressive one. I know you have probably seen a lot of him though.

Hudon and Ghetto I have a tough time with, I'd probably rank them close together in the 6-10 range. Hudon has until next year to make the team and not get the Ghetto waiver treatment.

Audette I might have around 15 or so as I liked what he showed at training camp.

thanks. Lindgren I saw a little in the NCAA and didn't pay attention to him but he's really impressed me in a small sample size.

Evans is very skilled, just needs to get stronger, I could see him turning pro next summer and do well in the AHL next year. Can really dish the puck, has the vision and playmaking. Hudon I'm just a huge fan of, think he's better then Carr, possibly Lehkonen, Ghetto. He's just so smart and skilled but he's got to get quicker and stronger. Ghetto I don't like as much as others but still think he's got NHL speed and shot so with expansion I do think he'll be an NHLer.

Audette I like his speed and skill but never really was impressed with him. we'll see how it goes for him this year.

I agree with all that except I have Juulsen over McCarron. Nothing against Big Mac, but Juulsen looks really promising.

It's close as I would usually have McCarron easily higher cause a 6'6 center that goes to the net hard could have a bigger impact for us. I'm a little concerned that he hasn't really looked that well so far with the IceCaps but he could be a beast for us. Juulsen I have always liked but still wonder about his upside, to me he's an NHLer for sure and I've been saying that but I still need more time before I have a better feel for his upside. Really like Juulsen's physical game and he's so good in his own end while also having the big point shot. But I don't know if he's going to top out as a top 4 or if he can be a top pairing D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->