My stupid CBA proposal as my first post here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maci4life

Jan 17, 2005
Toronto, Canada
We know the players want nothing to do with a cap, and the owners don't want a luxury taxed system, and nothing short of a cap.

here's what i propose

a luxury tax set at where the owners wanted the cap at, except any team going over the limit has to pay 200% of the amount over the tax ( or some outragous amount).

so if detroit or toronto wanna pay 5 mil to sign their superstar and they only have 2 mil to work with before the set cap, then they're gonna have to dish out 3 mil plus another 200% so a grand total of 6 million. chances are that no GM will have a job for long if they start dishing out the bucks above the set limit, and will most likely try to stay at the mark , give or take 5 mil, and the players get their luxury tax and no cap.

Will there be cost certainty?? no, but pretty close to it. will it keep the payroll's close to the same yet add some flexibility, yes.

just my half cents worth.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
maci4life said:
We know the players want nothing to do with a cap, and the owners don't want a luxury taxed system, and nothing short of a cap.

here's what i propose

a luxury tax set at where the owners wanted the cap at, except any team going over the limit has to pay 200% of the amount over the tax ( or some outragous amount).

so if detroit or toronto wanna pay 5 mil to sign their superstar and they only have 2 mil to work with before the set cap, then they're gonna have to dish out 3 mil plus another 200% so a grand total of 6 million. chances are that no GM will have a job for long if they start dishing out the bucks above the set limit, and will most likely try to stay at the mark , give or take 5 mil, and the players get their luxury tax and no cap.

Will there be cost certainty?? no, but pretty close to it. will it keep the payroll's close to the same yet add some flexibility, yes.

just my half cents worth.

So basically an incredibly stiff luxury cap? The NHLPA would toss it in the wastebasket before the ink dried. Trevor Linden would say the NHL offended him by trying to trick him with a cap.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
txomisc said:
So basically an incredibly stiff luxury cap? The NHLPA would toss it in the wastebasket before the ink dried. Trevor Linden would say the NHL offended him by trying to trick him with a cap.

Doubt that would be the result if the NHL proposed a luxury tax of any kind.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
yeah the PA would jump all over pretty much any cap offer IMO.

this fight is becoming less about the arguments and more about "winning"

the whole thing is just a giant PR battle and thats the real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad