Parent
Giacomin
Vachon
Cheevers

now

Brodeur
Luongo
Kipper

I'd take Broda over any of Thompson and Durnan. Broda knew how to win the big games.

Parent I'd put #1 in the '70s. He had a back injury in '75 and but he had two year '73-75 that no goalie arguably in history has ever had.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
1935-50

Durnan
Thompson
Broda
Brimsek
Lumley
Rayner

1950-65

Plante
Sawchuk
Hall
Worlsey
Bower

1965-80

Dryden
Tretiak
Espo
Parent
Giacomin
Vachon
Cheevers

1980-95

Roy
Fuhr
Smith
Barrasso
Vernon
Richter
Beezer

1995-now

Hasek
Brodeur
Belfour
Turco
Kolzig

now

Brodeur
Luongo
Kipper

All time goalies

Roy
Hasek
Brodeur
Plante
Sawchuk
Hall
Dryden
Tretiak

If you include Tretiak you definitely have to include Holecek and Dzurilla.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Phil and JFF beat me to it. When it comes to goalies, give me the clutch guys. When the crap hits the fan, I need to know that I can depend on a guy.

I would take Durnan over Broda in the regular season. I would take Broda over Durnan in the playoffs. Thus, I want Broda.

I would take Esposito over Parent and Cheevers in the regular season. I would take Parent and Cheevers over Espo in the playoffs. I think Parent is much higher than Espo, I would have a very hard time deciding between Cheevers and Espo.

Giacomin is the best goalie to never win a Cup.

Why do I have Hasek rated behind Plante, Roy and Sawchuk. I know I can depend on those three guys when the game matters most. Hasek? I don't know. If he plays, he's great. But I don't know if he'll play, and I don't if he'll play even if he's healthy. Hasek is likely the best regular season goalie ever. But the regular season pales in importance compared to the playoffs, especially for goalies.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Phil and JFF beat me to it. When it comes to goalies, give me the clutch guys. When the crap hits the fan, I need to know that I can depend on a guy.

I would take Durnan over Broda in the regular season. I would take Broda over Durnan in the playoffs. Thus, I want Broda.

I would take Esposito over Parent and Cheevers in the regular season. I would take Parent and Cheevers over Espo in the playoffs. I think Parent is much higher than Espo, I would have a very hard time deciding between Cheevers and Espo.

Giacomin is the best goalie to never win a Cup.

Why do I have Hasek rated behind Plante, Roy and Sawchuk. I know I can depend on those three guys when the game matters most. Hasek? I don't know. If he plays, he's great. But I don't know if he'll play, and I don't if he'll play even if he's healthy. Hasek is likely the best regular season goalie ever. But the regular season pales in importance compared to the playoffs, especially for goalies.

I really don`t do that division between play off and regular season. I think if you are great, you are great in the play offs as well. But even taken this into consideration, I would take Hasek in the play offs as well. He nearly stole a cup all by himself. Something Sawchuk for instance (and I really hold him very high) never had to do or did.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
I really don`t do that division between play off and regular season. I think if you are great, you are great in the play offs as well. But even taken this into consideration, I would take Hasek in the play offs as well. He nearly stole a cup all by himself. Something Sawchuk for instance (and I really hold him very high) never had to do or did.
I think Sawchuk stole the 67 cup for the Leafs.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Does 95-now only include active goalies? Cuz that still includes 2 cup wins by Roy and a crapload of 30+ win seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad