OT: My proudest moment

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have been away the entire fall, wonder if I've seen more than 3-4 games, just wanted to check in and give a little update.

In September on a routine check-up of my kid it was noted that the cancer had come back, tumors in both lungs, in the bone in the left leg and in the hip where it initially occurred. Total nightmare.

After chemo for a couple of months, there was a big surgery yesterday where the big tumor in the left lung was removed. The chemo have had a good impact on the other tumors. They plan to remove a couple of small ones in the right lung in a couple of weeks, then some more chemo, before they will laser the spots in the bones where they have seen it.

We are staying positive and fighting. Funny thing is, needing a bit of an "escape from reality", I have watched a ton of soccer the last months. Albin is a big Manchester United fan, I always hated their guts when they were good, but lately they sucked so much so I started to follow them too this fall, along with Albin. Its kind of funny, its a team with an estimated 1 billion fans, so you can basically get content 24/7. Good youtube channels. Pods. Massive amount of transfer rumors and what not. Completely new world. But I am not exchanging one addiction for another, the Rangers are still there. I recon we are tremendously frustrating right now, so I am enjoying my hiatus as long as it may last.

Friends, I hope that you take care and don't let whatever it may be get you down and enjoy life as much as you can. Its the most beautiful thing we have, each second of it.
You are in my prayers.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille