My Mock 15.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
I've been thinking for very long and very hard on this.

1. STLO - Phil Kessel
2. PBGH - Eric Johnson
3. CHGO - Jonathan Toews
4. WSHN - Jordan Staal
5. BSTN - Nicklas Backstrom
6. CLBJ - Peter Mueller
7. NYIL - Micheal Frolik
8. PHNX - Bryan Little
9. MINN - Kyle Okposo
10. FLRD -Jiri Tlustly
11. LANG - Nigel Williams
12. ATLA - Derick Brassard
13. TRNO - Ty Wishart
14. VNCR - James Sheppard

15. Jonathan Bernier

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Spetzky said:
I've been thinking for very long and very hard on this.

1. STLO - Phil Kessel
2. PBGH - Eric Johnson
3. CHGO - Jonathan Toews
4. WSHN - Jordan Staal
5. BSTN - Nicklas Backstrom
6. CLBJ - Peter Mueller
7. NYIL - Micheal Frolik
8. PHNX - Bryan Little
9. MINN - Kyle Okposo
10. FLRD -Jiri Tlustly
11. LANG - Nigel Williams
12. ATLA - Derick Brassard
13. TRNO - Ty Wishart
14. VNCR - James Sheppard

15. Jonathan Bernier

As a Kings fan, I like it! :thumbu:

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
No Sanguinetti?

Sanguinetti should be the 2nd overall d-man taken, I hope he goes to the Islanders even though its a long shot with the talent of the forwards in this draft and he will not drop past the kings.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I'm not 100% convinced the Blues will take Johnson, but I think it's better than 50/50 they don't take Kessel.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I really don't think the Coyotes will go for Bryan Little. For one thing, they tend to shy away from OHL players. Secondly, they often put a premium on size (at least in the draft). Lastly, while they are looking for a talented offensive forward, I don't know they'd take Little over someone like Brassard. They already have two undersized centers in Comrie and Reinprecht, so I'd think they'd be looking for someone bigger than Little.

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
just my opinion, but if backstrom is still on the board at #4, i think washington would consider picking him as a offensively skilled center more than staal.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
PhoPhan - I think Phoenix will for once go the safe route because boom and bust picks
haven't worked so well for them.

Alexander the Great - IN my list all but Sheppard are gone by the TRNO pick, Plus Ty Wishart
is the defenseman the Leafs need as they're lacking any defenseman with the ability to shut down
to players.

inferno98 - I have Sanguinetti at #16, I doubt he'll be the 2nd defenseman taken. To me I don't
feel that any of the top 14 needs will be fulfilled by taking him.

skk_82 - With offensively skill centers like Chris Bourque and Jakub Klepis (Not saying they're as
good as Backstrom), I believe Staal would add strength down the middle.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Spetzky said:
Alexander the Great - IN my list all but Sheppard are gone by the TRNO pick, Plus Ty Wishart
is the defenseman the Leafs need as they're lacking any defenseman with the ability to shut down
to players.

That may be so but we lack scoring forwards more then defenceman as besides Suglobov who we got from NJ we have no snipers in the system. Guys like Ian White, Coliacovo, Kronwall, Bell, Wozniewski, Harrison all are guys that can make the jump soon to the NHl with White(played last 20 games in NHl) and Colo leading the way. Wishart is also a gamble at that spot, Sagunetti would be the better bet if the Leafs took a D

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
No way Muellar will be better than Staal. Staal will go higher and have a better career. Count on it.

CH Wizard

Richard_Zednik said:
Mueller is better than staal

No he isnt imo, Mueller is ranked high cause he's very close of being NHL ready. His all around game is impressive...but Staal has a bigger offensive upside. He isn't racking the points yet...but Little wasn't racking the pts either, in his second season. Staal is really underrated and he'll have a long career, in the NHL like his bro.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Staal's stock is rising like a rocket and if you watched him lately you can see why. He's really starting to dominate. Right know he is tall and lanky but when he grows fills out he's going to be awesome. He has been Peterborough's best player lately and is a major reason why they got past Barrie. He scored just an awesome shorhanded goal the other day.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Spetzky said:
PhoPhan - I think Phoenix will for once go the safe route because boom and bust picks
haven't worked so well for them.

The only "boom and bust" pick the Coyotes have made in recent memory is that of Blake Wheeler, and it's way too early to see whether or not he was a boom or a bust. It'll be at least 4 or 5 years before we can determine that. Their other recent first round picks (Hanzal, Koreis, Eager, Sjostrom) were all considered to be very safe picks at the time. Sjostrom is finally starting to turn it on, and has excelled in whichever role he is placed. Eager is in Philadelphia, and Koreis (who was supposed to be the safest of them all) is not even close to what he was supposed to be. Hanzal went through a tumultuous year last year, but is looking like a decent player.

Honestly though, the Coyotes have no more need for what a safe player can turn into (if he does turn into it). "Safe" usually means limited upside, even if it means the player is more likely to reach it. Especially in a salary cap era, 2nd and 3rd line players will always be available. It is the top-end superstar caliber player that the Coyotes sorely need and who is very expensive to acquire if not drafted.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
as an Islanders fan i rather we not pick Frolic. If Staal, Mueller, Backstrom, Kessel, Toews and EJ are already taken i rather we trade down like 3-4 picks to be honest.

Transported Upstater

Captain Conservative said:
People, stop making definitive statements, you have NO clue what will actually happen. Give your opinion and back it up with reasons.

:help:

A-freaking-men.

HF people need to get in their heads that they have NO IDEA WHAT THEIR TEAM IS THINKING.

No one here should flatter themselves by saying "My team will or won't take Player X, Player Y is much better." We're all just fans. If we were General Managers of NHL teams, we'd be too busy to come on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad