My lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Back at the end of January when my computer crashed...I sent a message asking for help to edit my lines until I got my new laptop up and running. Hasnain volunteered, and did so for the next few weeks until we had the pause in action.

Why didn't the lines that Hasnain did for me not remain in the system? The last lines for those games were the ones I wanted to continue to use. I was given no notice anything was wrong with the lines Hasnain did for me.....and those lines were changed.

Why would my lines get changed...without notice.....that is terribly unfair.

Well I'm guessing Drew forgot to tell either Dion or myself of any agreement you had. And as for lines, there weren't any available in hasnain's folder either, leaving the only file we had of yours as an older one.

I'm sorry that this misunderstanding has occured, but my suggestion for you and anyone else that is having trouble, is to just leave a text file in you yahoo files and wipe anything that isn't of value. It will help save confusion for us, and can be updated as needed.

As for the fact that you're possibly going to have to go back to the same lines anyway...well it's happened to others before (I remember Doug's lines were horrendously scrambled the day he played me) and given that we're still trying to find our feet here as simmers, I don't know if a seamless transition was a realistic expectation....as much as I hate to say this, there are probably going to be one or two ugly surprises round the corner until everybody gets 100% comfortable with this setup.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Thanks for the explanation....makes sense.

Ok...now...if someone could help me get the GME installed...I could get things fixed. It is giving me the following error:

Visual Basic 5.0 Setup has encountered a problem

Can someone help me with this? gracias

HFNHL Red Wings

Can someone please help Greg out. I seem to recall someone having the same Visual Basic error a few months back so there must be an answer.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Wild GM said:
The answer is that it's a corrupt file and that if you have XP you can't run it?

That sucks.

Actually I've used XP and the editor for over a year now....I think you need to download the visual basic file from Microsoft and it will work.

if that doesn't work and you use MSN send me a msg and i'll send you the unpacked editor and it should work. I did it for someone else in the league and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad