My First Mock Draft

• Thread starter Rather Gingerly 1*
  • Start date

Rather Gingerly 1*

Baun21 said:
There is no way the Leafs pass on Sheppard or Tlusty, especially to take a defenseman which they have up to their necks in the system.

You've got to remember this is Ferguson

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
monty and their first to move up is a dumb move for the Rangers. and yes monty is worth at least a first by himself seeing that he has tapped into the potential that the rest of these players are still being ranked by....

but i don't see them moving him.....

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
jas said:
As a Ranger fan, I'd deal Montoya straight up for the #3 pick. But not all Ranger fans agree with me.

As a closet Hawk fan, I think it'd take more than just Montoya to pry the third-overall pick out of the Hawks.

My ear to the ground tells me that the Hawks like Kessel, and there's a very good chance he'll be there at #3 -- especially if the Blues and Penguins make a deal to swap first-round picks.

If Kessel pans out as expected, a big American star in Chicago is just the ticket to revive interest in the Hawks -- both in Chicagoland and around the world. And a successful, popular team in Chicago is good -- no, great -- news for the league and the TV networks.

Yes, the Hawks could definitely use Montoya in their system... he'd have a shot at winning the starting job next year if Khabibulin continues to struggle. But as long as the Hawks do have a healthy, effective Khabibulin, their need for a stud goalie isn't so great yet. That's why I think the Rangers would have to offer at least a swap of first-round picks, along with Montoya, for the Hawks to make this deal.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Prussian_Blue said:
As a closet Hawk fan, I think it'd take more than just Montoya to pry the third-overall pick out of the Hawks.

My ear to the ground tells me that the Hawks like Kessel, and there's a very good chance he'll be there at #3 -- especially if the Blues and Penguins make a deal to swap first-round picks.

If Kessel pans out as expected, a big American star in Chicago is just the ticket to revive interest in the Hawks -- both in Chicagoland and around the world. And a successful, popular team in Chicago is good -- no, great -- news for the league and the TV networks.

Yes, the Hawks could definitely use Montoya in their system... he'd have a shot at winning the starting job next year if Khabibulin continues to struggle. But as long as the Hawks do have a healthy, effective Khabibulin, their need for a stud goalie isn't so great yet. That's why I think the Rangers would have to offer at least a swap of first-round picks, along with Montoya, for the Hawks to make this deal.

P_B

:bow: :blues

I don't see the Rangers giving up BOTH Montoya and their #1, unless a lesser prospect comes back with Chicago's #1.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
jas said:
I don't see the Rangers giving up BOTH Montoya and their #1, unless a lesser prospect comes back with Chicago's #1.
it all depends on how much they like the guy they would get (obviously).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->