Speculation: My Dude, This years' Trade Deadline is going to be Elite. Here's why:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
The defending champions need to be...champions again. (VGK)

A couple of President's jobs are on the line (TOR and CBJ).

Some GMs too: (SJS, WPG, LAK, ANA).

You think you know what kind of day it's going to be because you see a small list under the category "1UFA".

We are going to witness chess and not checkers.

Some very good players are going to be moved. Ones with term, and larger contracts too.

Some very interesting cap logistics/Trade diplomacy/cap gymnastics are going to have hockey fans talking about the TDL of '24 for years to come.

If you agree with me then we'll have a beer Friday. If you disagree then you'll have to boil the kettle (pomegranate green tea).

Wouldn't you rather crack open a beer?

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

You think you know what kind of day it's going to be because you see a small list under the category "1UFA".

Some very good players are going to be moved. Ones with term, and larger contracts too.

Some very interesting cap logistics/Trade diplomacy/cap gymnastics are going to have hockey fans talking about the TDL of '24 for years to come.

If you agree with me then we'll have a beer Friday. If you disagree then you'll have to boil the kettle (pomegranate green tea).

Would you rather crack open a beer?
I think this might be the most boring TDL in a while.

Outside of Hanafin and Guentzel, there’s nothing really noteworthy happening IMO.

Maybe Buchnevich

Reactions: freester

drede

Jul 13, 2023

Would you rather crack open a beer?
Hope your right would love a crazy deadline with some shocker moves

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
If the Penguins' 2024 1st turns into 1st OV, my priority of excitement would be:

1. Watching the absolute meltdown on this board.
2. Drafting the Celebrity guy or whoever.
Oh the boards would shutdown for 2 days- it would bring back all the old forgotten posters from Hboards

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
So I've always felt the trade deadline would be busy and all but its been ending up in a dud more often than not. This year I fully expect it to be a dud so maybe it won't be.

But to be honest, not many names out there at all.

Reactions: DaveG

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
If the Penguins' 2024 1st turns into 1st OV, my priority of excitement would be:

1. Watching the absolute meltdown on this board.
2. Drafting the Celebrity guy or whoever.
Also quoted for that moment when you called the guy Sid is going to pass the torch down to for Pittsburgh, “the Celebrity guy or whoever”

Lol >drafts stamkos 1st , best 2nd overall in the modern era shortly after and doesn’t have the humility to say Pittsburgh deserves 1st overall after two decades

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The only reason why there might be a fair amount of moves is that there is no clear cut favorite to win the Cup, and a lot of "maybes" like EDM, TOR, VAN and WPG, where they are starving for post season success, and have rabid fan bases who will not bear losing easily.

Don't mean to imply that those teams are more favored than the Canes, FLA, NYR, VGK, CO, BOS, etc.... they all have a shot.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Also quoted for that moment when you called the guy Sid is going to pass the torch down to for Pittsburgh, “the Celebrity guy or whoever”

Lol >drafts stamkos 1st , best 2nd overall in the modern era shortly after and doesn’t have the humility to say Pittsburgh deserves 1st overall after two decades
They've had 40 years of uninterrupted generational talent. They can manage to go without a #1 after this season

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Vegas with all that cap space is more or less a cash money lock for at least a finals appearance. :popcorn:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Wouldn't you rather crack open a beer?
My dude, I will have a beer with you Friday.

That doesn't change the fact that this is not thread worthy. Sorry.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad