My 2nd Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
not sure how much it has changes from before, but a little bit in some spots, no doubt.

1. WSH – Ovechkin
2. PIT- Malkin
3. CHI – Barker
4. CLB – Olesz
5. PHX – Tukonen
6. NYR – Radulov
7. FLA – Ladd
8. CAR – Schwarz
9. ANA - Stafford
10. ATL – Smid
11. LA – Montoya
12. MIN – Picard
13. BUF – Schremp
14. EDM – Meszaros
15. NSH – Chipchura
16. NYI – Thalen
17. STL – Wolski
18. MTL – Korpikoski
19. CGY – Bolland
20. DAL – Green
21. COL – Lisin
22. NJD – Sindel
23. OTT – Valabik
24. NYR – Dubnyk
25. EDM – Kaspar
26. VAN - Fransson
27. WSH – Shantz
28. SJ – Lyamin
29. WSH – Voloshenko
30. TB - Alexandrov

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
No but the Rangers don't need a RW. We have Jessimen, and Balej. We need left wingers and centers.

Good Mock Overall

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
decent overall mock draft

--the thing i would point out is that the hurricanes really do not need a goaltender in the first round (although they have drafted at least one in the draft since 98), but should go after a guy who can score (last the past 2 years in goals scored) or solidify their defense with a guy like thelan

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
tripledekehockey said:
decent overall mock draft

--the thing i would point out is that the hurricanes really do not need a goaltender in the first round (although they have drafted at least one in the draft since 98), but should go after a guy who can score (last the past 2 years in goals scored) or solidify their defense with a guy like thelan

Here's a quote from their GM...

"BoogieMan asks: Is there a particular position you will look to fill with our first pick, or will you pick the best rated player at that time regardless of his position? And is that in keeping with the Hurricanes philosophy with their first-round pick?

Jim Rutherford: We're going to have our whole scouting staff into the RBC Center in the middle of May. We'll have a better understanding of how the players are rated and where the most depth is in the draft following those meetings. But, ideally from the depth that the Hurricanes have now with younger players, we would take a defenseman. But if we like a player at another position that we feel is much better than the defensemen available, then we will go to another position. But we want to try to balance out the depth that we have in our organization. We have good young forwards. We have a very good young goalie in Cam Ward, who was the best goalie in the Canadian Hockey League this year. Hopefully, the right defenseman falls to our pick at eight."

http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/custom/rad824C0.asp

So it sounds like they're leaning heavily towards a defensemen. I'd imagine there's a possibility they could move up to nab the one they like or move down if the guys they really like don't end up falling.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
I am starting to really believe that both Schwarz and Montoya will go top 10. I think teams are going to try and trade up to get these guys. If not both then it sounds to me like a lot have Montoya as the more appealing. Lot's of rumours lately that Phoenix likes Montoya at #5. Maclean has been there's interest in his #4 pick by teams who want to trade up and nab a goalie. And a recent trend in the past bunch of years is that the goalies end up going slightly higher than ranked. It all adds up to me.

Overall though a great mock draft

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Flames Draft Watcher said:
I am starting to really believe that both Schwarz and Montoya will go top 10. I think teams are going to try and trade up to get these guys. If not both then it sounds to me like a lot have Montoya as the more appealing. Lot's of rumours lately that Phoenix likes Montoya at #5. Maclean has been there's interest in his #4 pick by teams who want to trade up and nab a goalie. And a recent trend in the past bunch of years is that the goalies end up going slightly higher than ranked. It all adds up to me.

One of them will go at #7 - Florida will trade down a bit and take Chpchura or O'neil, or at least thats what i've heard.

thestonedkoala

If Thelen is there, I think Minnesota might take him. Thelen wants to play for the Wild and again, like Stafford good PR. We do need a forward though, so hmmm....

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:

I'm not sure that I disagree, but I just don't know who to have take them in the top 10? Who are your guesses, FDW, when it comes to where the goalies might go in the 1st round?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
speeds said:
not sure how much it has changes from before, but a little bit in some spots, no doubt.

1. WSH – Ovechkin
2. PIT- Malkin
3. CHI – Barker
4. CLB – Olesz
5. PHX – Tukonen
6. NYR – Radulov
7. FLA – Ladd
8. CAR – Schwarz
9. ANA - Stafford
10. ATL – Smid
11. LA – Montoya
12. MIN – Picard
13. BUF – Schremp
14. EDM – Meszaros
15. NSH – Chipchura
16. NYI – Thalen
17. STL – Wolski
18. MTL – Korpikoski
19. CGY – Bolland
20. DAL – Green
21. COL – Lisin
22. NJD – Sindel
23. OTT – Valabik
24. NYR – Dubnyk
25. EDM – Kaspar
26. VAN - Fransson
27. WSH – Shantz
28. SJ – Lyamin
29. WSH – Voloshenko
30. TB - Alexandrov

With a crying need for skilled forwards, plus the added bonus of Blackburn re-hab going well, the Rangers will not take a goalie in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad