My 05' mock draft (with analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
fullmetalninja said:
;)

I agree... I think someone who *wants* a goalie could very well look at chicago as a trading partner (and tallon said he would definately listen to offers). No disagreement there.

But.. Chicago won't be the one selecting Price- not without hearing the collective groan of the 10,000 remaining hawk fans...

-fullmetalninja
There has been some talk on the all sports radio in Toronto of the Leafs looking to move up to get a goalie. Any thoughts as to how far they could move up, and what they would be dealing to get that better pick? Personally I don't think they have enough to give to break the top 10, and that means no Carey Price. Then you have Rask who some believe could fall to 15-18, and then Levasseur and Pavelec going after that. One can only assume that since they are at #21 now, they are aiming for Rask, but since there is such discrepancy in how one team views prospects over another, who knows? One thing is for sure, the although the Leafs need serious help on the wings, they will take a keeper because Eddie is 40, Tellqvist has proven he can't be a # 1 and with the new look NHL putting even more pressure on teams to build from within to be cost effective long term under the cap. The days of the Leafs going out and signing the big free agent goalie are over, unless they would agree to play for less, which seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
Good effort, well done.
BUT
Okay for arguements sake. You present the following comparison.

5. Montreal Canadiens Bobby Ryan RW
Time after time we've heard rumblings about how the Habs need to get bigger and more skilled up front. Well, Bob Gainey recieves a gift as the 221 pound American falls into his lap at #5. Ryan is a highly skilled big man with finishing touch around the net. However there is the case of his skating, but come on - its not like he's Guillame Latendresse.

Comparison: Glen Murray

6. Columbus Blue Jackets Anze Kopitar C
The BJ's will be thrilled to see the ultra talented Slovenian available at #6. Thought of a Nash-Kopitar-Zherdev line are scary - but its a very real possibility for the future. Kopitar was only seen by fans at the mens WC's, but scouts have been following him for a while now. His skating is only average, but that can be improved.

Comparison: Dany Heatley

Does that seem logical that a Dany Heatley type is available and you would take a Glen Murray over him.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I understand that but throw logic out of the window here, they're just comparisons. Ryan plays like Glen Murray - so I threw that in there, Kopitar reminds me of Heatley just by the way he skates and the size of him, so I used that comparison. Max Afinogenov drew comparisons to Pavel Bure in his draft year, and he was a late 1st rounder I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad