MVP of CHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Who is the front runner this year? I havent seen a post for this yet, but I have my opinions. I don't think anyone will take it away from Sidney Crosby though. Love him or hate him (and anyone that hates him probably doesn't like hockey very much), I'd have to say he is the front runner. I mean 119 points in 53 game is incredible. The fact that a last place team like Rimouski is now one of the best has got to help. Others have got to be Kelly Guard( I mean 11 shutouts is incredible), Martin St.Pierre of the Guelph Storm, and Corey Perry. My money is on Sid.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Big Phil said:
Who is the front runner this year? I havent seen a post for this yet, but I have my opinions. I don't think anyone will take it away from Sidney Crosby though. Love him or hate him (and anyone that hates him probably doesn't like hockey very much), I'd have to say he is the front runner. I mean 119 points in 53 game is incredible. The fact that a last place team like Rimouski is now one of the best has got to help. Others have got to be Kelly Guard( I mean 11 shutouts is incredible), Martin St.Pierre of the Guelph Storm, and Corey Perry. My money is on Sid.
Yep Rimouski was struggling without Crosby in the line up.

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
<b>corey locke</b> has had a fine season in ottawa without a lot of help and has them near the top of the pack in the ohl east. i think i'd have him ahead of st.pierre (who does have a lot of help with klein, paille, tuomi, koreis and a pile of guys in the 50 points range).

that being said, I don't think anyone will catch crosby.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Big Phil said:

yeah, because London woyldn't be nearly as good without Perry.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
In all honesty, I choose Kelly Guard. 11 shutouts, sure, but you should see what the guy is doing there in Kelowna overall. The team is pretty much the #1 or #2 favorite to win it all. Yes, he's not as young as Crosby, but we're looking for the best player not looking at age, then even with Crosby's point totals, I'd pick Kelly Guard. After a year like this, some NHL team is going to sign him, without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad