Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
CotBPCursedcrewforcingElizabethtowalk.jpg

:laugh:

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
impressed by the Habs so far tonight. they're playing as a team and are showing much more creativity in the offensive zone. shame they don't play like this more often. we'd have something to be really excited about.

but still, it's time for a new coach to bring new ideas.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
impressed by the Habs so far tonight. they're playing as a team and are showing much more creativity in the offensive zone. shame they don't play like this more often. we'd have something to be really excited about.

It's because they've all banded together to mutiny against Therrien. They're all on the same page.

aaa

Jan 17, 2013
Therrien managed to win this battle while the troops regrouped and may have initiated new tactics. The war has only begun.

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
-Sun Tzu

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I didn't like how Therrien said they won because the players implemented the system properly.

Again, it comes off as him throwing the blame off his own shoulders and onto his players. As though it wasn't him or the system that was the problem, but the players not executing it properly/

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

No, they are playing Carolina, who are terrible as well. If they played like this against a decent team they would have taken a beating. How many posts did they hit? The puck was just lying around the crease (most of the night) with 'Flipper' , our resident shot blocker who never stays on his feet, pulling out some breakdancing moves.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No, they are playing Carolina, who are terrible as well. If they played like this against a decent team they would have taken a beating. How many posts did they hit? The puck was just lying around the crease (most of the night) with 'Flipper' , our resident shot blocker who never stays on his feet, pulling out some breakdancing moves.

They hit three posts I believe.
Carolina was playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, they played a very important game yesterday and landed in Mtl at 3am. I was expecting us to win.
I didn't expect though for Carolina to get closed to 40 shots on net, or for us to have to block another 27.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
They hit three posts I believe.
Carolina was playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, they played a very important game yesterday and landed in Mtl at 3am. I was expecting us to win.
I didn't expect though for Carolina to get closed to 40 shots on net, or for us to have to block another 27.

Carey won that game for us yesterday, he made some huge saves.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Carolina was hot and had won 4 in a row, it's not like we were playing Buffalo.

PunkinDrublic*

Or just maybe Bournival and Beaulieu told the team about Lefebvre and they figured Therrien aint so bad after all :laugh:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Carolina was hot and had won 4 in a row, it's not like we were playing Buffalo.

I suggest you look at what Kriss E wrote again, before thinking this victory was a great performance.

Carolina was playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, they played a very important game yesterday and landed in Mtl at 3am.

...and yeah, if Carey wasn't amazing this team loses another one.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I suggest you look at what Kriss E wrote again, before thinking this victory was a great performance.

...and yeah, if Carey wasn't amazing this team loses another one.

Pretty much. People will glance at the score and figure we outplayed them handily, when we didn't even come close.

aaa

Jan 17, 2013
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...lympic-threats-stat-geeks-143835460--nhl.html

Take a look at number 6. Could this be a big problem for the Canadiens in their coach search? Who would they get that fit these qualifications? I am not a Habs fan so I do not know the inside scoop, but I read the article and was intrigued.

The Montreal area and the rest of this province might as well be two different countries. Montreal is basically being held hostage while its businesses, culture and standard of living suffer. Nothing good can be had from this dynamic. It's gotten pretty bad when the government won't even let you enjoy your sports in peace and quiet. Until this resolves itself we'll have to learn to live with this ****.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
The Montreal area and the rest of this province might as well be two different countries. Montreal is basically being held hostage while its businesses, culture and standard of living suffer. Nothing good can be had from this dynamic. It's gotten pretty bad when the government won't even let you enjoy your sports in peace and quiet. Until this resolves itself we'll have to learn to live with this ****.

{Mod}

The government doesnt have a **** ass say in how the habs, a private enterprise, manage their business. The "coach must be french" madness during Cunneyworth was orchestrated by the french hockey media who dont wanna have to deal with an anglophone coach for obvious reason. It caught on with some people and the politicians rode the band wagon all the way to the station. The government is hardly preventing anyone from enjoying their sport "in peace and quiet". The only reason the habs abide by that rule is because they've decided to submit themselves to it.

As for Montréal, what you've said is true of any metropolis {Mod}. "The rest of the territory is dragging down the big city!!". Except that the big city is 100% dependent on that territory for its food and energy. Montréal being a french city in anglo North American context is hardly a bad thing. If anything, it drives tourism and businesses. It's pure cultural wealth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Just another Lambert article, he's a tool.

Maybe, but the gist of what he's saying comes from the less "toolish" referenced Associated Press article from NHL.com which starts out:

The Quebec government isn't pleased about the hiring of a Montreal Canadiens coach who can't speak French.

The province's culture minister says she expects the Habs to correct the situation.

Christine St-Pierre isn't quite calling for the firing of new coach Randy Cunneyworth, who was just hired over the weekend. But she says the Habs have given the impression his hiring is temporary, and she takes them at their word...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->