OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Since you've apparently set an age limit of >25 years for allowed songs and considering that your latest 2nd round Finn is playing for KalPa (in Kuopio), I feel obligated to post this nice piece originally from 1986. (It took 25 years from them to make a music video of it... and still our record companies are wondering why Finnish music doesn't go viral like Swedish :shakehead)

The drummer passed away a year ago btw, RIP.

Reactions: Identity404

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Since you've apparently set an age limit of >25 years for allowed songs and considering that your latest 2nd round Finn is playing for KalPa (in Kuopio), I feel obligated to post this nice piece originally from 1986. (It took 25 years from them to make a music video of it... and still our record companies are wondering why Finnish music doesn't go viral like Swedish :shakehead)

The drummer passed away a year ago btw, RIP.

Dat bass doe

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Pretty cool that Arch Enemy could find another singer who sounded exactly like the old one. I may have to check it out, I haven't listened to anything they've done since Doomsday Machine and the one after that with the Caligula stuff on it.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Pretty cool that Arch Enemy could find another singer who sounded exactly like the old one. I may have to check it out, I haven't listened to anything they've done since Doomsday Machine and the one after that with the Caligula stuff on it.

Alissa is very good yes. On the fence if she is better than Angela or not tho. But yeah, Doomsday Machine is still probably my favorite album of theirs.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Rise of the Tyrant was the next album I could remember the name for. Good stuff. Far more br00tal than Dark Tranquillity, who I love to pieces but had become a sort of adult contemporary version of themselves not long after I really dsicovered them.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm just listening to some Beastie Boys

The sound sounds sweeter through the echoplex
It'll spin you around and throw you in a hex
Until you feel no pain inside your brain
All your worries are soothed by the sound effects
You read it in the Post and the Daily News
Listen everybody lets show improve
Don't let me begin about heroin
Livin' six feet deep just ain't the move
We're giving you soul power
I like it sweet and sour
When it comes to rhymes and beat designs I'm at the control tower
Tell me what makes you so afraid
Of all those people you say you hate
Just give it one time for your mind
And let's try to negotiate

Keep in mind they wrote this **** 20 years ago. Mind blown

Last edited:

GooGooMuck

May 15, 2009
Lancaster, PA

Dust Bolt/Power Trip/Obituary/Exodus tour coming up this week. Should be a good one.

(EDIT)- I apparently stink at posting videos, but if you're into thrash check out Dust Bolt and Power Trip. Or look at my black box error message and imagine it yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Identity404
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad