Muscle Gain & Weight Loss after Injury

Malarowski

Jul 25, 2012
I am just coming back from a knee injury that put me on my ass for about 2 months and now I am doing a month of PT. Naturally, this came with a lot of muscle loss since I could not bend the knee for those two months at all, while I gained weight from doing very little (Yes, I could have dieted, but inactivity is not fun already).

Question is, now that I need to build the muscle back up in the leg, is there a way to also cut fat or am I basically stuck with building strength back up and then cutting down fat again? If there is a severe imbalance, is it possible to cut down on calories and still regain muscle where it's severely lacking?

I didn't put on too much weight (went from 5'10" 195 down to 185 from atrophy and then up 7-10 lbs in, what I am guessing is fat from sitting around), but still would like to get rid of it.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Eat at a caloric deficit, supplement with L-Carnitine, focus on mind-muscle connection when working out & see what happens

Should be able to put on some lean muscle while shedding fat.
Some people say you can't gain muscle and lose fat at same time, I call ******** on that. L-Carnitine helps convert the energy gained from burning fat into muscle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->