Confirmed with Link: Muller hired

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Wish he was better at running the PP. At least a former head coach can give Hitch some pressure.

He did a pretty good job of running a PP in Montreal(3 top 3 finishes).
Assuming he goes back to that role, he should be a major improvement over Agnew.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He did a pretty good job of running a PP in Montreal(3 top 3 finishes).
Assuming he goes back to that role, he should be a major improvement over Agnew.

What went on on Carolina, wasn't their PP crap? I mean anything is better then what we had....

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
I like the move, have always been a big fan of Muller. He was an awesome assistant in Montreal, and did a great job with their special teams from what I remember. It's tough to get a read on his time in Carolina, but that is a pretty poorely constructed team. Terrible defense, Cam Ward sucks, and streaky star players like Semin and Skinner. Jordan Staal regressing as badly as he has is certainly a concern though.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Yay... Better than Agnew. Not sure if it will truly help us or are our players just incompetant.

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
I like it. As others have mentioned, has had experience running a successful power play (and not just for 50 games).

Also could be the successor to Hitch's job. He'll be 63 this year and might be on his last leg, regardless of team performance.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I like the signing. Not too many years ago this franchise would have rolled with the same coaches and players next year. Maybe signed an aging vet or two way past their prime and called it an off season summer.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't mind bringing him in. Carolina's PP was dreadful this year. Then again when he was in Montreal, their PP was awesome. Let's hope we get the Montreal Muller as opposed to the Carolina one. Hopefully he helps Hitch out making adjustments in game.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Pretty much my reaction.

I'll wait until they get some more talent up front in their lineup to get excited about anything. Until then I couldn't really care less who our assistant coach is since I think he'll make a minimal difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad