Mueller winks at Canadien bench

jaydub*

both times he scored - he had a cocky air about him...just like johnson.

the canadian players hopping into the bench is not cocky, it is celebrating.

that is the difference. one group is taunting and cocky, the other is simply excited.

that is why I LOVE watching Canada beat the US repeatedly.

Exactly. Americans are just huge *******s, while canadians are amazing people.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
For the guy who was angry about Toews jumping into the bench. The difference between winking at someones benching and jumping into your own bench is HUGE.

Wake up.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Mueller's winking ability is top 5 in the draft for sure. I can't believe how many scouts overlooked that part of his game.

Westguy13

Apr 6, 2005
Not KC...
Man he ****ing winked at them somebody should have lept off the bench and beat his *** for that **** it's disgusting! What kind of world do we live in where people can just wink at others when ever they please?!!?!!

Next thing we know they'll be danceing!

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
So Canada got 'fired up' becusae Mueller winked at the bench? So, had he NOT winked then they would not have been motivated to win the game ?? A grievous insult like a wink propelled Canada to 'buckle down and really try to advance'' striclty becuase of Muller ??

espo*

yeah, and he did that cocky arms stretched out 'piece of cake" move also but who cares? In the end Mueller lost the game for them when he missed his shot.

It was a cocky move no question but i cheer for a team that has Steve Downie on it and i don't complain about him so big deal about Mueller.

he's free to do as he wishes.I comfort myself knowing full well that our players rubbed his nose in it after he missed his final shot and he surely lived to regret it.I can only imagine the trash talk he had to hear after that and it could'nt have been pleasant for him.

Works for me.

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
For the guy who was angry about Toews jumping into the bench. The difference between winking at someones benching and jumping into your own bench is HUGE.

Wake up.

I don't think anyone was angry about Toews jumping into the bench. I just used it as a comparison to Mueller.

I mean, if someone winking as they skate by makes you want to score then I think you're in it for the wrong reason anyway. "Hey that guy winked at us, now I want to score!"

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Anybody think he may have been winking at his teammate, Leland Irving?

And did Mueller going 2/3 lose the game moreso than Kane going 0/2? I guess it was the decisive shot.

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
Anybody think he may have been winking at his teammate, Leland Irving?
And did Mueller going 2/3 lose the game moreso than Kane going 0/2? I guess it was the decisive shot.

Thats what I was thinking too. Even so who cares, it is probably the most intense emotional competition any of these kids have ever been involved in. Mueller is known as a pretty cool customer and he was trying to come across as one. Scored and just gave it the ol "whatever...I'll do it again". Luckily for us he didn't.

Winking, Jumping into the bench...let em do what they want. it doesn't effect the outcome either way.

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site

now now, none of that here.. this is the Wink thread. The Dancing thread is in the Phoenix section. (that's where JR is still right?!) :)

Seriously, this thread is funny.. sometimes i think hockey fans are wayyyyyyyy too sensitive. Who cares if the guy winked or not?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Thats what I was thinking too. Even so who cares, it is probably the most intense emotional competition any of these kids have ever been involved in. Mueller is known as a pretty cool customer and he was trying to come across as one. Scored and just gave it the ol "whatever...I'll do it again". Luckily for us he didn't.

Winking, Jumping into the bench...let em do what they want. it doesn't effect the outcome either way.

Yep, let them do what they like. It adds a little flavour to the game.

But if you're going to be brash, don't forget to win, because otherwise you'll look like a damn fool. Especially if you have the last shot and can't seal the deal.

Now he's winkin' to try to keep the tears out of his eye. :biglaugh:

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Ah, I honestly don't care. The whole game was great to watch.

Good luck to Canada, I'll be rooting for you guys.

Jawsh

Jan 2, 2007
I personally think it was to Irving, his teammate back in Everett. But that's just me.

fitchcj555

Dec 13, 2006
Man he ****ing winked at them somebody should have lept off the bench and beat his *** for that **** it's disgusting! What kind of world do we live in where people can just wink at others when ever they please?!!?!!

What else, people will starting spelling dancing with an e?

A little too much overkill on the whole winking thing here. However, wouldn't a more masculine gesture such as a fist pump been more appropriate? Who winks at 20 guys anyways? Richard Simmons?

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Nothing wrong with being cocky.

It's nice to see a player who isn't a mindless robot. Besides, I am sure if Mueller was Canadian and winked at the American bench this thread would be loaded with "He is a Confident Canadian Kid!" posts.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
both times he scored - he had a cocky air about him...just like johnson.

the canadian players hopping into the bench is not cocky, it is celebrating.

that is the difference. one group is taunting and cocky, the other is simply excited.

that is why I LOVE watching Canada beat the US repeatedly.

:shakehead

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
This is seriously disgusting. "He had a taunting air around him"..... I wonder if you people EVER had a childhood, seriously.

Everybody has to be a "class act", everyone has to set an example to the kids, everyone always must watch their behavior religiously lest they do something a bunch of neurotic purists from a message board would disapprove.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Are some of you guys for real? How many of you have actually played hockey at the age of 17-18? You think winking at the bench is bad?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad