Mueller winks at Canadien bench

AirBriere48

Oct 22, 2006
Did anyone else catch Peter Mueller wink at the Canadien bench after he scored his second goal in the shootout? Now don't get me wrong fellow americans i wanted us to win as much as anyone, but isn't that just karma that he would miss his next shot, losing the game.

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
Well if winking gets the other team riled up where the hell were the US scorers after Toews airmailed it into the players bench after each goal?

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Well if winking gets the other team riled up where the hell were the US scorers after Toews airmailed it into the players bench after each goal?

I didn't like that either, they did it every time! And I'm a team Canada fan!

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
I am not sure it was at the Canadians bench, but to his teamates. Also didnt he score his next shot after that? I believe he went 2 for 3 right? Like a wink to a bench would do anything during a shootout anyways.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, it was a bit much to keep doing it. I dont care, but it lost its feel of actual emotion.

devin1487

Dec 27, 2006
Winnipeg
The whole jumping into the bench thing, I don't know getting caught up in the excitment and wanting to share it with equally excited teammates.

The wink thing is trying to show off to the other team

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Yep, that's karma for ya. Doing something like that makes the opposition want to score that much more..

If that was Karma, what do you think of Downie getting his lunch in the 3rd after giving Gerbe the height joke?

AirBriere48

Oct 22, 2006
I am not sure it was at the Canadians bench, but to his teamates. Also didnt he score his next shot after that? I believe he went 2 for 3 right? Like a wink to a bench would do anything during a shootout anyways.

If you watch the highlights on tsn...around 2:35 or so you can see its clearly not to his own bench....also, mueller scored his first two, then missed the third...my point being, possible karma on the last attempt.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If that was Karma, what do you think of Downie getting his lunch in the 3rd after giving Gerbe the height joke?

I think he'll be good to go for the gold medal game.

And the lunchlady will play for bronze.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
This whole issue reminds me of the world cup all over again.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
If you watch the highlights on tsn...around 2:35 or so you can see its clearly not to his own bench....also, mueller scored his first two, then missed the third...my point being, possible karma on the last attempt.
I think the poster you are replying to meant to his Everett teammate on the Canada bench. Even if it wasnt towards Irving, its a harmless wink, the canadian boys could have been throwing some verbal jabs to Mueller and he shoots a wink.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Who the **** cares? People tend to forget that these are 17, 18, and 19 year olds playing a GAME! Why not have a little fun with it? Wink at the other bench, get excited when you score a shootout goal in the semi's and "air mail" into your bench. Neither one bothered me, people need to loosen up around here.

lilooet*

I didn't like that either, they did it every time! And I'm a team Canada fan!

Grow up. Or rather, grow down. They're kids. If I'd scored that goal I would've ripped off my helmet and knifed a maple leaf on my forehead. Give them a break. It was bloody exciting. Imagine how they felt knowing that we were all watching and on tenterhooks.

animalchin

Jan 20, 2005
The Long Road
both times he scored - he had a cocky air about him...just like johnson.

the canadian players hopping into the bench is not cocky, it is celebrating.

that is the difference. one group is taunting and cocky, the other is simply excited.

that is why I LOVE watching Canada beat the US repeatedly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->