MTS Centre upgrades - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
IF they come back, its with arm rests (E5), so take your pick.
You want the trough, or not?!?!?

You think because you're a mod now you can bully me, I will not stand for this. :sarcasm:

For those that support the trough I ask: have you ever used one while wearing shorts?

There's nothing like feeling the fine mist of your fellow fans' urine splashing off the trough and onto your bare legs.

And I am not talking about a rogue stream here, there is a lot of misting with these troughs. No surprise it was warmer locales where these were removed first.

Yes I have, isn't that the best part of the experience?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Which is absolutely civilized. But for those of us in the 100/200 level that isn't the case. They've done nothing to address the issue in five years.

I'm being facetious about the trough. I just take my intermission money over to Tavern United. I tell TNSE this each year in the season ticket holder survey. I don't have any problem buying beer in MTS Centre (I'm not happy about the price but I'd be happy to pay the price if I could have the same experience as you describe above - I actually don't want to leave the building) but I can do the same at Tavern and probably faster than you can at the 300 level. If I'm using Tavern's washroom I feel it is a reasonable thing to purchase a beer rather than to exploit the locale for the washroom only. And hey, if I'm saving half off the price of beer, so be it, that's money out of TNSE's pocket.

I'd really rather help support the team through the purchase of concessions on site but until TNSE does something to help the situation, Tavern gets my money.

I guess they don't have the room to expand the facilities on the lower level. I remember the 1st pre-season game in 2011 the washrooms were a gong show on the upper level and I was thinking I'm never going to be able to enjoy a beer at the Jets games. They then converted the largest women's washroom into a men's washroom which made for a reasonable experience though a little weird not having urinals. Then 2 seasons back they expanded the men's washrooms over the vacant space in the corners. They basically tripled the amount of urinals. You have to keep telling the newbies to go to the empty ones on the other side of the bathroom but in and out like a breeze even on a Saturday night. Not joking that you can be back in your seat with 10 mins left in the intermission.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Has anybody heard any news on re-entry rules going forward? I recall rumblings last year that either the NHL or Jets could be banning re-entry.

MTS Centre is still allowing re-entry. They don't have anywhere to put a smoking area so I don't see it changing anytime soon.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Thanks, good news. I'm not a smoker but I do enjoy running across the street for a cheap beer on a Saturday night.

I would never consider the small savings in dollars to be worth the inconvenience of doing this. Plus, this only works because a comparatively small number of people do this. The MTS Centre has how many outlets set up to handle the peak beer demands? Now imagine a majority of patrons flooding into Tavern United or wherever at intermission to flee what they perceive as beer extortion. How long do you think you would be lining up to get your beer?

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
I would never consider the small savings in dollars to be worth the inconvenience of doing this. Plus, this only works because a comparatively small number of people do this. The MTS Centre has how many outlets set up to handle the peak beer demands? Now imagine a majority of patrons flooding into Tavern United or wherever at intermission to flee what they perceive as beer extortion. How long do you think you would be lining up to get your beer?

You save $5 per beer x how many per season. I'm young and able bodied so I don't miss any game time. It's not for everyone but to each their own. It works for the ones who do it and I save a couple hundred dollars per season

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
So I was just at the MTS Centre cause they asked me to switch seats (I'm in the top row of 317). Rep told me it was due to them losing a seat or two cause of a "top secret" part of the renovations. But that I was switching seats for the greater good.

Now I could be totally seeing things but I'm pretty sure the seats at the top of the stairs between 315 and 316 were removed and there was a like a hole up there. But maybe I was seeing things cause wouldn't that be outside the building

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
So I was just at the MTS Centre cause they asked me to switch seats (I'm in the top row of 317). Rep told me it was due to them losing a seat or two cause of a "top secret" part of the renovations. But that I was switching seats for the greater good.

Now I could be totally seeing things but I'm pretty sure the seats at the top of the stairs between 315 and 316 were removed and there was a like a hole up there. But maybe I was seeing things cause wouldn't that be outside the building

If you look at an aerial shot of MTSC, you can see how the seating bowl doesn't take up the entire footprint of the building. Maybe they're building something on that corner section of the roof at the bottom left (that's where 315/316 are located)?

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/16...221d167d89e5f9!8m2!3d49.8963172!4d-97.1368358

Edit: Maybe this is a better view of the area I'm talking about. They'd need to relocate some equipment... https://www.google.ca/maps/place/16...221d167d89e5f9!8m2!3d49.8963172!4d-97.1368358

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
If you look at an aerial shot of MTSC, you can see how the seating bowl doesn't take up the entire footprint of the building. Maybe they're building something on that corner section of the roof at the bottom left (that's where 315/316 are located)?

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/16...221d167d89e5f9!8m2!3d49.8963172!4d-97.1368358

Edit: Maybe this is a better view of the area I'm talking about. They'd need to relocate some equipment... https://www.google.ca/maps/place/16...221d167d89e5f9!8m2!3d49.8963172!4d-97.1368358

Talk about cramming. I'm all for it though! It seems like it could be a cool addition.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

A place for an organ to be installed?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I guess they don't have the room to expand the facilities on the lower level. I remember the 1st pre-season game in 2011 the washrooms were a gong show on the upper level and I was thinking I'm never going to be able to enjoy a beer at the Jets games. They then converted the largest women's washroom into a men's washroom which made for a reasonable experience though a little weird not having urinals. Then 2 seasons back they expanded the men's washrooms over the vacant space in the corners. They basically tripled the amount of urinals. You have to keep telling the newbies to go to the empty ones on the other side of the bathroom but in and out like a breeze even on a Saturday night. Not joking that you can be back in your seat with 10 mins left in the intermission.

Agreed, no issues whatsoever with going to the washroom in the upper deck anymore. Your in and out within 3 minutes.

I thought they opened up the event level washrooms in the lower bowl a couple of years back which was supposed to alleviate some of the problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad