MTS Centre upgrades - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
Why would we be questioning the quality of the new MTS scoreboard?

720P vs 1080P, Size comparisons. People in the skyscraper forum comapred it to an ikea build.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

720P vs 1080P, Size comparisons. People in the skyscraper forum comapred it to an ikea build.

It'll be fine. I'm far more concerned about the product on ice, than comparing it to scoreboards elsewhere in the league - keeping up with the Jones never really held any appeal for me.

Not that I want to rehash this, but 720p vs. 1080p would make NO difference to anyone sitting in the audience. You're simply too far away, and the screens are of such a size that you will NOT be able to detect the difference in pixel sizes.

The next time I get a chance go to a game, I'll be concentrating more on the beer and the on ice product. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I often get Leafs tickets - at the ACC, I will probably be overjoyed with staring at a larger, much more posh screen. The on ice product is a bit ... lacking. ;)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes as long as this new scoreboard shows far more Jets goal replays than those of their opponents, I'll be happy.

I'm old enough to remember when this was the new scoreboard at the Winnipeg Arena:
B7HKbMACcAE4v7b.jpg:large

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Yes as long as this new scoreboard shows far more Jets goal replays than those of their opponents, I'll be happy.

I'm old enough to remember when this was the new scoreboard at the Winnipeg Arena:
B7HKbMACcAE4v7b.jpg:large

That brings back good memories ...... I just hope the new scoreboard has a new fan noise meter ..... The one in the old barn was hilarious when they flashed it on the screen trying to rev up the crowd and get them to cheer louder.

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg

Speaking of IKEA, whatever happened to that huge Ikea sign on the corner of Sterling Lyon/Kenaston? They took it down... is IKEA closing?

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Speaking of IKEA, whatever happened to that huge Ikea sign on the corner of Sterling Lyon/Kenaston? They took it down... is IKEA closing?

It's been down for about a month now. I think it was damaged in mid July, but I have no idea. I wouldn't be shocked if it was visible from space.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's been down for about a month now. I think it was damaged in mid July, but I have no idea. I wouldn't be shocked if it was visible from space.

One time I was hanging out with some buddies and got lost... we saw the IKEA sign and it led us home! It is enormous!

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
Looks like they got most of the ribbon board on. Way bigger than the last one and Im not sure if they are putting the old fuelled by passion board back up but the playoff one is coming down on the press box whats interesting is the brackets that you can see up there closley match the ones used for the ribbon board. They may add another strip to the press box

CM-I1ciVAAAgssk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad