Proposal: Mtl-Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Don't know why but just for the fun of it.

Price + Pacioretty to Caps

Backstrom + Holtby + Orpik to Habs
Good lord. Wsh Center depth becomes worst in the league so we can acquire a 2nd Line LW and take a death knell of a contract for essentially a lateral move at G? No Thanks.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Good lord. Wsh Center depth becomes worst in the league so we can acquire a 2nd Line LW and take a death knell of a contract for essentially a lateral move at G? No Thanks.

I thought maybe a good goaltender would help you guys finally win a playoffs series...

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I thought maybe a good goaltender would help you guys finally win a playoffs series...
Carey Price already looked pretty poor in one Playoff Series against us. And so we're very clear, Holtby has won a lot more playoff series than has Carey Price.

Reactions: go4hockey

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I was just looking why Orpik was even part of this deal (I know to add negative value but like how long is he still there lol)

Who in their right mind signed him 5.5 for 5 years LOL

I think Habs would have to add to Patch to get Backstrom LOL and more than Orpik lol 1 year and he's off

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I was just looking why Orpik was even part of this deal (I know to add negative value but like how long is he still there lol)

Who in their right mind signed him 5.5 for 5 years LOL

I think Habs would have to add to Patch to get Backstrom LOL and more than Orpik lol 1 year and he's off
$10.5M for 8yrs that hasn't even started yet for a player who just had one of his worst statistical seasons of his career and that will be 31 when the contract does start. Woof.

Reactions: go4hockey

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
$10.5M for 8yrs that hasn't even started yet for a player who just had one of his worst statistical seasons of his career and that will be 31 when the contract does start. Woof.

Shhhhh I don't like to talk about it. Btw I believe Price will rebound but also don't like the contract, not with our current team.

And I can also say that 5.5 multi year for Alzner was crazy. You guys only have one more year of Orpik and during those 5 years washington was always excellent.

Reactions: StephenPeat

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Price is pretty bad in the playoffs and Patches becomes invisible. I take Backstrom+Holtby pretty easily in a playoff series over Price+Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad