Confirmed with Link: [MTL/TB] Sergachev + cond. 2nd (2018) for Drouin + cond. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
No way, Sergachev wouldn't have produced like that here, Tampa is planets better then us. Drouin would probably be a PPG player in Tampa.

I disagree with Drouin being a ppg in Tampa. He probably would have 3-5 more points in Tampa compared to MTL. But I do agree Serg wouldn't have the half the points he has now if he was still in Montreal.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I disagree with Drouin being a ppg in Tampa. He probably would have 3-5 more points in Tampa compared to MTL. But I do agree Serg wouldn't have the half the points he has now if he was still in Montreal.

He would still be our best LHD by a fair margin. Like it would not be close.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No way, Sergachev wouldn't have produced like that here, Tampa is planets better then us. Drouin would probably be a PPG player in Tampa.

Yet he was around .75 ppg last year in TB. He'd probably be slightly higher thanYanni Gourde at this point(between 19 and 25 pts depending of your optimism.)

Sergachev * 0.5 would still be our 3rd D. Chance are high he would be 1st or 2nd.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
It's funny to me how the French media trashed Sergachev upon being traded, when in the Memorial Cup, he was clearly better than Chabot while being a year younger.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
All this for Sergachev with less than 15min of ice time. Least TOI among regular TB Ds. Impressive but I still like Drouin...who should be playing at his regular position.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Individual production is not directly in line with the team's standings. Galchenyuk had his better year the season Price missed (2012?) and padded his stat line in losses.

Sergachev would have gotten lots of ice in Mtl. Drouin's production is more of a worry to me.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Only Hedman and Sergachev have eclipsed the double-digits in points for Tampa. He is producing at a 55-point pace, which a bit high, but nothing out of the ordinary for a 45 point talent. The other Dmen are less talented and they don't produce like Sergachev even though they are older and more experienced.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Individual production is not directly in line with the team's standings. Galchenyuk had his better year the season Price missed (2012?) and padded his stat line in losses.

Sergachev would have gotten lots of ice in Mtl. Drouin's production is more of a worry to me.

Production is never worrying. But the way he is playing is definitely worrisome. I see in Drouin the same flaws as in AG. He is faster the AG and AG has a better shot but they are very similar players. Not good on faceoffs. Not good defensively. Not very good along the boards. Tendency to float.

Also Drouin honestly is not nearly as fast as people think he is. He reminds me post cancer/injuries Koivu. And that Koivu was not that good and definitely not a player that was driving the offense. I just don't see it in Drouin. I hope he'll prove me wrong in the next 2 years but if i had to bet on who will be the best player between Sergachev and Drouin i would bet Sergachev.

Reactions: DAChampion

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
drouin has been injured and playing a position he shouldn't be. he's a corner stone to build around but we need to go out get a number 1 centre

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Sergachev has the potential to become the best defenseman overall and Drouin has the potential to become top 10 forward in the league but he's from here and he speak french. Should have kept Sergachev.

Edit: Also, we lost Markov and Radulov who would have had instant chemistry with Sergachev. Add in Galchenyuk to the mix and this line would be feared throughout the league despite never winning face offs.

Last edited:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Production is never worrying. But the way he is playing is definitely worrisome. I see in Drouin the same flaws as in AG. He is faster the AG and AG has a better shot but they are very similar players. Not good on faceoffs. Not good defensively. Not very good along the boards. Tendency to float.

Also Drouin honestly is not nearly as fast as people think he is. He reminds me post cancer/injuries Koivu. And that Koivu was not that good and definitely not a player that was driving the offense. I just don't see it in Drouin. I hope he'll prove me wrong in the next 2 years but if i had to bet on who will be the best player between Sergachev and Drouin i would bet Sergachev.
Sergachev here too. 3 yrs younger. Position of greater need than w.

Drouin's off-ice issues was a thing for me. And size difference especially when the bigger player is a great skater.

I want to say a quick hello to that regular poster here who claimed Sergachev was homesick and would not even report to Tampa.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Both players would be better in TB but the Drouin trade only made sense if we were trying to capitalize on the Cup window our GM refused to accept existed

The loss of Markov and Radulov and adding nothing else was an epic fail

Reactions: DAChampion

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
I went to the Bolts game tonight. A Flyers fan living in Tampa now, go figure. This is the first time I saw Sergachev play for the Bots. I saw a strong, aggressive, fast, and always dangerous player. He is a Subban type of a D - in a sense that he brings a lot of spice to the game. Made some good defensive plays, made a couple of mistakes. Covered the ice very quickly, moved with power, and frankly looked dominant at times. He doesn't Provorov's IQ, or Werenski and McAvoy's maturity. But I will be shocked if he isn't a dominant top-pairing D by 25 yo.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad