Speculation: MTL scouting the Islanders?

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013

From that site...
According to sources, the Islanders are offering defenseman Nick Leddy, and twenty-year-old forward Anthony Beauvillier to the Canadiens in exchange for Galchenyuk. This seems like a fair trade, which would benefit both teams.

Seems like a bit much. But maybe the isles are offering Beauvillier and that’s why he hasn’t played. I’d hate to lose Beauvillier.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wouldn't do Leddy straight up for Galchenyuk. If Snow did that AND added Beauvillier I would organize riots.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
That trade rumor is super false, wouldn't it make sense for the Isles to have 'played" Beau the past 2 games so Bergevin could watch him... his scouting notes on Bergeron, "took two leaks during the game, ate a pretzel, laughed at a Pulock joke, flirted with a girl"

Isles have too many dmen and need to make room for Pulock... Leddy, Boychuk and Pelech are not getting traded.... they would not be interested in Hickey at all,... it is either CDH or Mayfield

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
That trade rumor is super false, wouldn't it make sense for the Isles to have 'played" Beau the past 2 games so Bergevin could watch him... his scouting notes on Bergeron, "took two leaks during the game, ate a pretzel, laughed at a Pulock joke, flirted with a girl"

Isles have too many dmen and need to make room for Pulock... Leddy, Boychuk and Pelech are not getting traded.... they would not be interested in Hickey at all,... it is either CDH or Mayfield
The Habs needs a LHD to play with Weber. de Haan makes a lot of sense. And mets not forget we have Toews too who can maybe replace him (in case of injury).

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Galchenyuk for de Haan and Beauvillier ?

No way. I’m not trying to say Galchenyuk is a bad player. I think he’s a solid top six forward right now and can blossom into a legit high end second line player/lower end first liner. But top four defenseman aren’t easy to come by. Look at what we got for Hamonic. de Hana could easily fetch at least a first rounder. Unless you’d trade a first and maybe another pick like a 2nd or a 3rd for Galchenyuk, I don’t understand a de Hana for Galchenyuk trade, and that’s not even taking into consideration that’d we’d include Beavillier who could very well become a 50 point second line center who is a high end defensive talent.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He's watching Tavares.
He is watching Tavares who his team's owner has publicly commented on and also probably De Haan. Habs GM's arrogance cost them Radolov (sp) and Markov last off season . They suck this season.I am sure that heavily scouting Tavares takes some heat off Bergerin (sp).
Habs fans penciling Tavares into next season's line up..

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

scott99

May 13, 2005
It is probably made up by a Canadien’s fan. No way they’d offer Leddy AND Beauvillier for Galchen-YUCK. Maybe Beauvillier straight up with something minor added. Leddy is worth way more than Galchenyuk.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Leddy and Beauvillier ? someone is smoking those pine cones again !
He is not the only one. Habs board is full of posters who seem to think that Galenchuk who either cannot or will not play a 200 ft game and is not developing well at center, is somehow so appealing he can be the key to a Tavares ,Leddy ,Duchene or De Haan trade.

Lazy,highly skilled wingers just don"t have that type of trade value.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Galchenyuk is 23 and has scored 30. I don't think he is going to be cheap.
He was drafted to be a #1 center. He has had two head coaches unable to get him to develop a responsible,2 way game coaches demand so instead he is developing into a scoring winger.
Much like Brock Nelson and Ryan Strome.
Habs are desperate for a #1 center and have pushed hard for Duchene. I think it wad Dreger who recently said Sakic demanded Galenchuk, 1st and good prospect for Duchene and that with Galenyuk's trade value so low,Montreal will hold onto him, build up his value .

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Galchenyuk is 23 and has scored 30. I don't think he is going to be cheap.

We have too many established and burgeoning one dimensional offensive players right now.... If we are dealing with the Habs, it more like to find a home for one of our dmen, so we can carry 7 dmen and 14 forwards when Quine returns, as well as preventing rigo mortis from setting in on Pulock

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Galchenyuk is one of those guys who gets traded and a few years later people look back and say:

Man, he had so much promise and never panned out as much; or

I can't believe Montreal traded him!

I guess that's what the pro scouts get paid for....

Spybot

May 12, 2014
We have too many established and burgeoning one dimensional offensive players right now.... If we are dealing with the Habs, it more like to find a home for one of our dmen, so we can carry 7 dmen and 14 forwards when Quine returns, as well as preventing rigo mortis from setting in on Pulock
When Quine returns, he will be waived and he'll clear so we don't have to worry about that.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Galchenyuk is one of those guys who gets traded and a few years later people look back and say:

Man, he had so much promise and never panned out as much; or

I can't believe Montreal traded him!

I guess that's what the pro scouts get paid for....

So more likely to be the next Daymond Langkow and less likely to be a Kyle Turris.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I meant to post this here but accidentally put it in the Tavares thread, putting feelers out on what kind of return we could get for pacioretty

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Trading Leddy for anyone other than a comparable D would blast a giant hole in this team that we wouldn't recover from, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->