Proposal: MTL - PHI

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Petry is a top 4 (2nd pairing if your team is good) right hand shot defender, his value is a lot higher than people are giving him credit for. He also has a few years left on his current contract

i'm sure he's a decent top 4 D, but he's not worth Morgan Frost.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not sacrificing the future for a rental. We aren't a team ready to contend yet .

If you want to talk about just Petry. Sure let's talk, but little interest in Max.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
i'm sure he's a decent top 4 D, but he's not worth Morgan Frost.

He was top 30 in points by a Dman last year while being assigned tough minutes Weber was out for 60ish games.
He is worth a lot but by that same token I don't think Philly needs max nor do they trade frost (internal need). That being said let's try and do
Petry
For
14th overall + Morin + Cap dump (is MacDonald still seen as way over paid).

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Don't know much about frost but surprised to see philly fans so against this. Petry would be a very nice get for them, they play a ton of D on their off hand side. Patches is a solid scoring winger, which they could use tho not that important for them. Their cup window will be unfortunately be opening soon. Maybe a smaller deal for just Petry could happen.
I dont get that part. How is than unfortunate to be at the start of a winning cycle? 14th and Frost are not going for older players.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
He was top 30 in points by a Dman last year while being assigned tough minutes Weber was out for 60ish games.
He is worth a lot but by that same token I don't think Philly needs max nor do they trade frost (internal need). That being said let's try and do
Petry
For
14th overall + Morin + Cap dump (is MacDonald still seen as way over paid).

no thanks. that's too high a cost. i'm always wary of players who have career years at age 30. while Petry did do very well while Weber was out, he wouldn't get those minutes here. he'd be 2nd pairing with Sanheim, and the 14th + Morin is way too much to give up for a 2nd pairing 30yo defenseman.

if Hextall does land a RHD, it won't be a deal that hurts our future, which that trade does.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
no thanks. that's too high a cost. i'm always wary of players who have career years at age 30. while Petry did do very well while Weber was out, he wouldn't get those minutes here. he'd be 2nd pairing with Sanheim, and the 14th + Morin is way too much to give up for a 2nd pairing 30yo defenseman.

if Hextall does land a RHD, it won't be a deal that hurts our future, which that trade does.

I saw Morin as the odd man out in Philly, also it is very hard to acquire a top 4 RHD that is big and skates very well without it hurting in someway.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Frost is a tough piece for us to give up y'all.

I think at his current pace, Frost is starting for this team in 2 seasons. We in Philly see him as a potential foundational piece at the moment -- if we're going to build long-term, we can't dilly-dally with assets like that for old guys when our window hasn't truly opened.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Holy crap would Montreal be bad next season and ultimately have no guarantees for the future either.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I assume he dislikes the Flyers and doesn't want that window to open.

I'm excited for when I look back 10 years from now and think about the multiple Stanley Cups this team will win...

And how some fan bases absolutely loathed it.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I saw Morin as the odd man out in Philly, also it is very hard to acquire a top 4 RHD that is big and skates very well without it hurting in someway.

there's still hope Morin can anchor the 3rd pairing. injuries and our dumb coach are just holding him back. the top 4 in Philly is pretty much set for the future. Provorov-Ghost, and Sanheim-Myers.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Not that hard. John Carlson is a free agent. Younger. More productive. Or they give Philippe Myers a shot. He is a rd.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Easy pass. Our centre depth beyond Coots and Patrick isn’t good. We need Frost and Vorobyev to help fix that in the future. I actually think we should draft a centre at 14 or 19 as most of our other centre prospects project as wingers.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Petry is a top 4 (2nd pairing if your team is good) right hand shot defender, his value is a lot higher than people are giving him credit for. He also has a few years left on his current contract
I agree with that. Petry is a good second pairing RHD. I would have interest in him alone but not at the cost of Frost and definitely not the 14th pick. Maybe something like Petry and a 3rd for 19.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With Hextall looking to bring in a stabilizing presence on the right side as well as having one of the best overall centre depth in the league I'd like to propose the following:

MTL: Jeff Petry & Max Pacioretty

PHI: Morgan Frost & 14th Overall + Cap dump

This would further bolster Philadelphia's roster and push them to make a run for the cup as early as next year.

As for the habs, they receive a very solid 1B/2A center prospect in Frost as well as being able to snag one of the many center prospects available around the 15 pick range (Veleno, Hayton, Dellandrea)

Flyers say no.

Pacioretty is worth 14th overall but Petry isnt worth close to Frost

We have need to make a cap dump either.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Another stupid trade proposal from someone who does not understand what Hextall is doing.

Hextall literally just traded B. Schenn for Frost + 14. He's not going to turn right around and deal them for older players. He f***ing loves Frost. He has said many times he made that trade specifically to get Morgan Frost.

No deal.

Reactions: pmwlker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad