Proposal: MTL - PHI

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
With Hextall looking to bring in a stabilizing presence on the right side as well as having one of the best overall centre depth in the league I'd like to propose the following:

MTL: Jeff Petry & Max Pacioretty

PHI: Morgan Frost & 14th Overall + Cap dump

This would further bolster Philadelphia's roster and push them to make a run for the cup as early as next year.

As for the habs, they receive a very solid 1B/2A center prospect in Frost as well as being able to snag one of the many center prospects available around the 15 pick range (Veleno, Hayton, Dellandrea)

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
No from the Flyers. I am one of the people who thinks Hextall really needs to start adding to the current roster but that isn't even the type of deal I would do. Something around Petry and a combination of picks and prospects might make sense but not a pending UFA like Pacioretty.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The premise doesn’t even make sense.

The Flyers have Couturier and Patrick, then absolutely nothing down the middle given that they see Laughton as a Winger. Rubtsov looks like he might be a LW, Vorobyev is likely a very good 4th Liner, and then they have Frost. He fills a huge organizational hole.

Nor does including a cap dump as part of the value seem logical. They’re swimming in space.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
No from the Flyers. I am one of the people who thinks Hextall really needs to start adding to the current roster but that isn't even the type of deal I would do. Something around Petry and a combination of picks and prospects might make sense but not a pending UFA like Pacioretty.

But adding two players of that calibre could defs push them to make a significant push for the cup.

EX:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Pacioretty - Patrick - Voracek

That is a great top 6 on top of the fact that they have an amazing young D core already that would benefit immensely from a veteran D like Petry's presence.

P.S. Petry is no slouch. A very solid 3D option thats good for 35 points a year.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
The premise doesn’t even make sense.

The Flyers have Couturier and Patrick, then absolutely nothing down the middle given that they see Laughton as a Winger. Rubtsov looks like he might be a LW, Vorobyev is likely a very good 4th Liner, and then they have Frost. He fills a huge organizational hole.

Nor does including a cap dump as part of the value seem logical. They’re swimming in space.

How exactly is your number 3C a huge organizational void?

Couts and Patrick gives Philadelphia a top 6 centre foundation for the foreseeable future (5 years). Do you believe frost in a 3C role to be that crucial?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
But adding two players of that calibre could defs push them to make a significant push for the cup.

EX:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Pacioretty - Patrick - Voracek

That is a great top 6 on top of the fact that they have an amazing young D core already that would benefit immensely from a veteran D like Petry's presence.

P.S. Petry is no slouch. A very solid 3D option thats good for 35 points a year.
I didn't even consider value because it's simply not what the Flyers are looking for or need. Pacioretty is a pending UFA who is soon to be 30 years old which is the biggest factor to consider. Also, if the Flyers were looking to add someone like him it would be Skinner who is younger and a better fit since he is a speed guy which is what they are really lacking.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

Couts and Patrick gives Philadelphia a top 6 centre foundation for the foreseeable future (5 years). Do you believe frost in a 3C role to be that crucial?

Yes. Sky’s the limit for Frosty the Snowman.

Teams win deep down the middle, historically.

We will keep Frost. We aren’t ready for this type of deal anyway, we have zero semblance of goaltending.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
With Hextall looking to bring in a stabilizing presence on the right side as well as having one of the best overall centre depth in the league I'd like to propose the following:

This would further bolster Philadelphia's roster and push them to make a run for the cup as early as next year.

As for the habs, they receive a very solid 1B/2A center prospect in Frost as well as being able to snag one of the many center prospects available around the 15 pick range (Veleno, Hayton, Dellandrea)

Pass ! Don't want either Jeff Petry or Max Pacioretty honestly.

Reactions: pmwlker

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Yes. Middle 6 Centers are crucial. I prefer to break things down as Top Line / Middle 6 / 4th Line because I believe it’s more in line with how the modern game deploys.

Reactions: SnS

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Hard pass from Philly. We don't want Pacioretty. We want players who might show up in the playoffs.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Don't know much about frost but surprised to see philly fans so against this. Petry would be a very nice get for them, they play a ton of D on their off hand side. Patches is a solid scoring winger, which they could use tho not that important for them. Their cup window will be unfortunately be opening soon. Maybe a smaller deal for just Petry could happen.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Don't know much about frost but surprised to see philly fans so against this. Petry would be a very nice get for them, they play a ton of D on their off hand side. Patches is a solid scoring winger, which they could use tho not that important for them. Their cup window will be unfortunately be opening soon. Maybe a smaller deal for just Petry could happen.
Well that's freaking why. Petry si not worth 1st either.
No he isn't.

Last edited:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

We lost a Cup partly because of how bad our 5 and 6 D were. Every position matters. Frost has way more upside than that of 3C anyways.

Reactions: Ruck Over

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
pass. you can make an argument for Pacioretty for the 14OA (which Hextall still wouldn't do, but value isn't too far off) but Frost for Petry is not even close. Petry's value isn't that high. Frost is going nowhere unless it's part of a blockbuster that brings in a Karlsson or Doughty.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
pass. you can make an argument for Pacioretty for the 14OA (which Hextall still wouldn't do, but value isn't too far off) but Frost for Petry is not even close. Petry's value isn't that high. Frost is going nowhere unless it's part of a blockbuster that brings in a Karlsson or Doughty.
Petry is a top 4 (2nd pairing if your team is good) right hand shot defender, his value is a lot higher than people are giving him credit for. He also has a few years left on his current contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad