Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NSH] Devan Dubnyk to Habs for future considerations - UPD: assigned to Bulldogs

HABS win CUPS*

My post was actually an attempt at a joke.

... that I stole off the main boards. :(

ban.gif

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
For what they paid I think it was worth a risk

Didn't you want the Habs to trade Markov for picks and prospects? And now you'd want the Habs to trade a young player and picks for Gaborik?

Do you want us to be buyers or sellers?!?

Edit : Or you just want us to make a trade for the entertainment value of it?

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
Lol at the people mad at this trade. We have added goalie depth for pennies, whats not to like? These small deals don't negate or inhibit MB from making a "bigger deal" all you complainers want.

However, if we are only willing to trade **** we will only receive ****. If you want a big "blockbuster" deal, we'll have to see some big valuable assets leave MTL. Is that what you want?

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Didn't you want the Habs to trade Markov for picks and prospects? And now you'd want the Habs to trade a young player and picks for Gaborik?

Do you want us to be buyers or sellers?!?

Edit : Or you just want us to make a trade for the entertainment value of it?

This, for many here today. Mainly wanting a deal to ***** about, hard to do that about Dubnyk and Weaver acquisitions, yet many have still attempted to.

habitue*

Dubnyk trade:. Low risk and price, and might turn out very positive.

Still waiting for Bourque to GTFO.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
budnykov could yet turn into a decent goalie. waite should be able to help him. he gets better, you trade him for assets, he doesn't, waive him to the echl

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
I didn't think Eller's value was that low. I'd give a 1st rounder + a mid prospect for Vanek otherwise.

Actually, Eller's value is higher than any mid prospect.

Using Eller as a base:

Eller
Beaulieu/Tinordi
1st Round Pick (2014)

The pick would probably be condition down to somewhere around a 4th or 5th if Vanek doesn't resign.

habitue*

Assigned to Hamilton?? Didn't see that coming. I thought they got him so Tokarski would play in Hamilton instead of sitting on the bench with the Habs.

Dubnyk was on his way to AHL anyway.

Price will be back soon, and Tokarsky will take the same route.

If for any reasons Price or Budaj are badly injured, at least they got a backup with NHL experience and some skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad