Confirmed with Link: [MTL/EDM] Desharnais (20% retained) traded to Edmonton for Brandon Davidson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Lol I just had a thought.

A few years ago someone here mentioned that DD would be one day a member of the Olympic team..... hilarity followed this comment.

But now.... with DD UFA next year and probably without a contract, and with the NHL not going.... there is a damn good chance he WILL be on that team :laugh::laugh:

Good job to that prophet :)

feds91

May 17, 2004
Lol I just had a thought.

A few years ago someone here mentioned that DD would be one day a member of the Olympic team..... hilarity followed this comment.

But now.... with DD UFA next year and probably without a contract, and with the NHL not going.... there is a damn good chance he WILL be on that team :laugh::laugh:

Good job to that prophet :)

since NHL players might not be allowed to play in the Olympics DD actually has a shot at making Team Canada. ;)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
for his first ever NHL playoff game and having to do it while just getting over the flu, I thought he played a really solid game. Another good pickup from the pro scouts to add depth. So glad he was in and Nesterov out.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was obviously better than Nesterov. Let's wait to see over a few more games.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
On the other hand.....Desharnais was the least used player in EDM again last night (was also the least used player in the first 2 games)

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
He got the puck out, took his man in his zone, we barely saw him out there but thats what you want from a bottom pairing D. Non factor > Negative factor. CJ made exactly the changes most wanted (Chucky on Shaw's line, King back on 4th line, Davidson for Nesterov) and it worked to a T last night.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
He got the puck out, took his man in his zone, we barely saw him out there but thats what you want from a bottom pairing D. Non factor > Negative factor. CJ made exactly the changes most wanted (Chucky on Shaw's line, King back on 4th line, Davidson for Nesterov) and it worked to a T last night.

Yeah, I think it's inevitable for a coach to make mistakes and questionable choices at times. But at least Claude Julien will admit his mistakes and make proper adjustments rapidly. Davidson did his job last night.

TOI is really well managed so far, IMO.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010

As an Oiler fan, I think that's Davidson at his best. Totally unnoticeable out there and I mean that in a good way. He can do it with more minutes too, but might that be difficult at this point as he's missed a lot of games this year.

I have a soft spot for Davidson. Really unheralded guy that made it on sheer hard work and determination. A big part of the Oilers awfulness was an inability to find and develop players like that. So it was sad to see one of them go.

Desharnais probably had his best game as an Oiler in game three. I really like him the odd time he gets the puck deep in the offensive zone and jukes and twists around to create a chance. But you only see that in glimpses. He hasn't been good.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
And I barely noticed him, which is perfect. Our top 4 should be eating most minutes anyways. He can step in cold and provide a solid play for 10min is the minimum expectation.

I noticed him a couple of times. He grabed a dangerous pass out of mid air with the blade of his stick, and he exited the zone well a couple of times.

Not too sure how I feel about him wearing 88 though. Kinda distracting. 88 is one of those humbers with a strong association for me, like 99 and 66. But, anyway, if Lindros doesn't care, why should I.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
As an Oiler fan, I think that's Davidson at his best. Totally unnoticeable out there and I mean that in a good way. He can do it with more minutes too, but might that be difficult at this point as he's missed a lot of games this year.

I have a soft spot for Davidson. Really unheralded guy that made it on sheer hard work and determination. A big part of the Oilers awfulness was an inability to find and develop players like that. So it was sad to see one of them go.

Desharnais probably had his best game as an Oiler in game three. I really like him the odd time he gets the puck deep in the offensive zone and jukes and twists around to create a chance. But you only see that in glimpses. He hasn't been good.

DD is just a bit small and slow for today's NHL. One thing for sure though, you give him time and space and he'll do something with it. Great skater (not fast but agile), great hands and great vision. Put him up against a weak D pairing and he can do some damage.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Not too sure how I feel about him wearing 88 though. Kinda distracting. 88 is one of those humbers with a strong association for me, like 99 and 66. But, anyway, if Lindros doesn't care, why should I.

What annoys me about his number 88 is that Nesterov has 89. Since my kids are watching Paw Patrol on the bigger screen, I watch hockey soundless on a smaller computer screen in the same room. So I easily confuse these two players from afar. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad